Author Topic: The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty [The Test]  (Read 1997 times)

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty [The Test]
« on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty

Dynasty Real Time Play Length: 3/10/2013 - ?
In Game Finishing Date: ?
Property: 261 Valley View Drive
Lunar Cycle: 10 Days
Population Controls: All On
Celebrity System: Family has opted in
Memories: Disabled
Season Length: Spring Only - 28 days
Weather: All Off 

Chapters

Prologue
A Golden Future
The Test

Dynasty Notes

Founder - Young Adult Years

Founder - Adrian Dominguez

Founder: Adrian Dominguez - In Progress
Life State: Gold/Gilded Ghost
Traits: Artistic, Green Thumb, Loner, Flirty, Nurturing
Favorite Color: Black
Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Career: Painter
One Best Friend: ?
Two Career Rewards: Painting Skill Certificate, ?
Three Unique Opportunities: Popular Painter, Guitar Up!, ?
Four Unique Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, ?, ?, ?
Five Unique Regular Wishes: Master Painting Skill, ?,?, ?, ?
Six Unique Skill Challenges: Brushmaster, Proficient Painter, Master Painter, ?, ?, ?
Seven Items for Mausoleum: Paintings

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty [Prologue]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
Prologue

Hello, my name is Adrian Dominguez. You may remember me as one of the most famous movie stars to ever walk the streets of Starlight Shores. I had everything I could ever want.

Looks

Fortune

The Best Toys

And all of the hottest women in town wanted to be with me.

This is Maricella, her star power was rising quickly and she was like no other woman I had ever meet. After years of moving from one girl to the next, finally I had meet the one I wanted to be with forever. My agent said she was using me for my money and fame, but I knew deep down she loved me.

That is until the day he showed up at my front door. And my life was changed forever.

He has many names, I'll just call him Mr B.

Apparently this was not the first time Mr. B had visited my family. Years before in my hometown of Appaloosa Plains he had paid a similar visit to my father.

My father was my hero, my protector after my mother died. He worked so hard on our farm while I was growing up and would do anything for me.

He wished he could provide me with a better life, but we were happy just being together.

What I didn't know was my father took his wish to see me have a better life too far.

Turns out Mr B visited my father not long after we lost my mother in that tragic meteor accident. He offered my father his greatest wish.

I would be a star of stage and screen

The biggest celebrity Simverse had ever seen

My father begged him to make it happen

And all Mr B wanted was my father's greatest treasure, a diamond he had found while plowing the fields of our farm

And with that it all happened just as Mr. B promised. A few months later a big shot talent scout was passing through town and stopped at the Koffi Cafe for lunch. My Dad and I were there as well, and I saw him staring at me from across the cafe. Eventually he made his way over to to talk to us. Before I knew it my Dad and I were off to Starlight Shores where I would become a famous movie star. Dad was so happy, he kept saying he did it all for me.

But when you deal with Mr B, you eventually have to pay more than you bargained for... 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
What a great start to a story! Mr B makes me miss my red guy, though.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
A Golden Future

Mr B started telling me the story of how he had meet with my father years ago and that everything that had happened to me since was orchestrated by him.

"Nonsense" I told him. "I'm here because I have it all, beauty, talent, charisma. That's all me my friend"

"I'm the star they are all dying to see" I retorted.

"I earned my mansion and my cars through hard work and long hours." I boasted.

Mr B laughed, a sinister laugh that now haunts my memory. "Silly boy, don't you understand. You were just a small town farm boy, destined to be a farmer just like your father. You were never meant to be here, to have this life. You see your father paid for this life with his most prized possession, his diamond."

"You see it's all right here in the first few pages of this book. That's you father's signature isn't it" He handed me a book, and sure enough the first few pages contained a contract where Mr B would see to it that I got the fame and fortune my father so desperately wanted for me.

"What's the rest of the book about" I asked. "Why it details your payment to me my boy, to think a measly diamond would be worth my efforts" He responded.

I was furious, he had promised my father that his diamond would be the payment. And now here he is saying I had more to pay. "Your an evil and sadistic man, I want nothing to do with you. Get off my property" And I turned and started to walk away from him

From behind me I could hear his evil sniker, "It's not that easy, boy" he shouted at me. I suddenly found myself falling to my knees, my entire body tensed up like I was turning to stone. I could feel a curious sensation surround me, and suddenly I wasn't where I had been a few moments earlier. I was a few feet away looking back at my body, my body that had been turned into solid gold.

Mr B was laughing at the sight of my golden body, reveling in the death he had brought down upon me for disobeying him. His sinister bellow had caught the attention of Maricella who came running to see what was going on. And in an instant we were joined by the Reaper coming to collect me for my journey to the Netherworld.

When the Reaper caught sight of Mr B, he backed off. "Is this another one of your pets" he asked Mr B. "Why yes he is, and a troublesome one at that" Mr B responded.

"He will have to be put to the test, I can't just forget about him." The Reaper told Mr B. "Oh yes of course, our usual arrangement. But not to worry this one is not cut out for passing the test. He will be yours soon enough"

I pleaded with the Reaper to take me now and not leave me in the hands of the evil Mr B.

But the Reaper would not hear of it, he vanished as quickly as he came. My last sight of my old life was my beloved Maricella mourning my death... 

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
What a great start to a story! Mr B makes me miss my red guy, though.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Well Artie was defiantly an inspiration for Mr B.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty [A Golden Future]
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
Then I thank you for the compliment as well but I won't tell Artie you said that.  It goes to his head and he starts acting all high and mighty and I have to throw him down a hole.

I enjoyed the new update as well and wish you luck with this dynasty.  I'm having a great time with mine.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
The Price of Fame - A Life States Dyansty
The Test

In the blink of an eye I was transported away from my life, my fame, my fortune, my love and my home in Starlight Shores. I now found myself in an empty field staring at Mr B. "Where are we" I asked. "Why your new home my boy. This will be where you will take the test." Mr B responded.

"Home there's no home here, it's just a empty field. And where are we by the way, this doesn't look like Starlight Shores" I responded.

"Why Moonlight Falls, you could say I have some influence here. And building a home is part of the test" answered Mr B.

"Ha, build my own home, and live here, I'm a star. Just send me back to Starlight Shores, even in this form I can make a good living acting" I pleaded.

"But don't you see my boy, your days as an actor are over. I gave you your talent and looks and now I've taken them from you. Your just a simple farmer again, there's plenty of land here for you to farm. Or maybe paint, I know it's been a hobby of yours, now that is a talent I didn't give you" quipped Mr B.

"Now you listen buddy, I'm not going to stand here and take this from you, what are you going to do kill me? You've already done that" I vehemently retorted.

"Not be a star, I don't know how to be anything else. No more talk, I'm headed back to Starlight Shores and Maricella."

And which point Mr B slapped me across the face. "You need wake up my boy and realize I'm not playing games with you. If you walk away The Reaper returns and takes you to my area of the Netherworld. Let's just say it's not going to be pleasant, certainly far worse than going through with the test. You see The Reaper has a soft side to him and he won't let me just send who ever I want to my domain. So we agreed to the test, if you pass it your free to return to your old life and your debt to me is paid. If you don't then he brings you to me"

"And just what am I supposed to do herd llamas?" I asked.

"Ugh you are so insolent, I don't care what you do. It's all in the book, just read it and all your answers will be satisfied" answered an angry Mr B.

"Fine I will and I'm going to pass your test and be done with the likes of you" I boasted.

And so begins my story of a new life filled with trials and tribulations in Moonlight Falls...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
I very much like this premise! The pretty golden ghost is nice too.

One thing, I think you mean he is "insolent" not insulate.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
I very much like this premise! The pretty golden ghost is nice too.

One thing, I think you mean he is "insolent" not insulate.

Thank you, yes he looks way cool. The gold ghost has to my favorite, he even has little stars coming off him as he moves which is so appropriate for Adrian.

Oops, thanks for the catch it's been corrected.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Price of Fame - A Life States Dynasty [The Test]
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:17 PM »

What a fun intro! And certainly some good irony to from being a star to a golden ghost.

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
What a fun intro! And certainly some good irony to from being a star to a golden ghost.

Thanks, hopefully I can continue to be as creative as I tell the story of the dynasty. Defiantly putting myself out there.

I was just messing with the Philosopher’s Stone to see how it works and how the death would happen and as I was doing it the story just started developing in my head.

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 12:14:56 AM »
Dynasty Notes
Founder's Young Adult Years

Adrian's random traits ended up being pretty good. Artistic equated to painting which is easy to max and finish the skill challenges, he completed them before his adult birthday.

Of the five LTWs that came up Master of the Arts seemed easiest, as guitar is also easy to max. I don't think I can get all three guitar skill challenges done though. 

So since he has green thumb I will have him start gardening to get one of those.

Flirty will be good down the road when he needs a spouse.

Loner has been great because he's hardly left his house, he just paints and plays guitar all day.

Nurturing is blah, I guess it will be good when he has kids.

I've got ideas for how the house will look, one of my favorite things to do is build and decorate houses so I think I'll go all out on this one.

For some reason I'm not a fan of the various supernatural life states, so I'm leaning towards an all ghost dynasty like Hazelnut's. I think I've only got five types of ghosts available in the graveyard, and the ghosts in the Goth household are not different types from the graveyard ones. So I'm kinda wishing a vampire paparazzi dies on the lot. Hope that's kosher within the rules, guess I will have to check before doing anything rash.

Founder: Adrian Dominguez - In Progress
Life State: Gold/Gilded Ghost
Traits: Artistic, Green Thumb, Loner, Flirty, Nurturing
Favorite Color: Black
Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Career: Painter
One Best Friend: ?
Two Career Rewards: Painting Skill Certificate, Painter Award Ribbon
Three Unique Opportunities: Popular Painter, Guitar Up!, The Business of Decor
Four Unique Lifetime Rewards: Extra Creative, Dusty Old Lamp, ?, ?
Five Unique Regular Wishes: Master Painting Skill, ?,?, ?, ?
Six Unique Skill Challenges: Brushmaster, Proficient Painter, Master Painter, ?, ?, ?
Seven Items for Mausoleum: Paintings

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »
Like your story aswell,  ;) good luck and hope your post soon.   :D

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
A colored ghost life state dynasty is a nice one, but be warned: Ghosts are a PAIN to deal with - I had been doing a Life States in Isla Paradiso on the side and my scuba ghost founder is a PAIN, she floats over the ocean and takes ages to get anywhere! I had to buy a teleport pad to get her quickly somewhere and then she has to float to the road to get back. Also, prepare to get everyone in the household "EW!"ing each other constantly.

I like the backstory with the "sell your soul to the devil" vibe. I hope you can update this.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
I'm moving this story to the Graveyard due to inactivity. The author can revive it at any time by contacting a moderator.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty