Author Topic: Plant sims  (Read 121674 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Plant sims
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
I discovered a way to determine the gender of a plantsim baby. when you fertilize the plant, fertilize with an apple for a girl, and a watermelon for a boy. these fruits do the same for pregnancy, except you eat as many as you can, if you get the stuffed moodlet, just use control- click on the moodlet in the moodlet box,  after typing TestingCheatsenabled true into the cheats console that is.

Welcome to the forum but I think you mean apple for boy and watermelon for girl if they work the same as pregnancy.   Apples have stems like little boys. ;)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ilovedoves_1989

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum but I think you mean apple for boy and watermelon for girl if they work the same as pregnancy.   Apples have stems like little boys. ;)
hmm, apparently, it must be the other way around for plantsims, because I fertilized with an apple and got a girl (one of 5 girls in a family of 7 kids, the first of the 7 was a boy.)  then for child number 7, I fertilized with a watermelon and got a boy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
I'm actually running a test right now, once I speed-3 through the week or so, I'll let you know :)

Edit: Will post results hopefully tomorrow - my game's decided to go glitchy on me :(

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
I've been wondering, and don't know if its been asked yet, will a vegetarian vampire still get sick if they feed from a plant sim?

Offline Tytytyler4

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
I really want a PlantSim, but everytime I do, I mess up and plant it instead of eating it. Also I'm getting kind of confused with what to do, as loads of other people are saying it hasn't worked for them, while others have said it has. I need to know for certain how to get PlantSims, or I'll explode ;). Also, I can't find seeds, and I've tried the gardening skill thing, and all the seeds go before I get the Forbidden Fruit, or I end up planting it instead. I need help to figure out how to get them exactly, and how to find seeds on an easier way, because mostly I just find mushrooms and rocks. Please someone reply, as I'm new here and want so help. Please ::)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2013, 03:39:25 PM »
Level up the Science skill, and do the gene splicing experiment with any random seed. Provided the experiment doesn't fail, you'll get a forbidden fruit seed. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong, but getting a forbidden fruit is bugged, and you'll always harvest a PlantSim baby until your household is full. Harvesting the plant with 8 Sims in a house (or total of 10 inc. pets, of course) will give you the fruit that you can then clone/eat.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tytytyler.

Have you read Carl's Guide to PlantSims & Forbidden Fruit?  There is a lot of helpful info that can be found on the guide and I think it would help you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noocherenee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
This is my first plant sim.  Can anyone tell me how you photosynthesis a puddle?  I am working on the achievements and I don't see an option to absorb a puddle or anything like that. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
Hi, guys, I have a question. So, I made the forbidden fruit with my scientist, so far so good. But my lvl 8 gardner can't plant it. He doesn't even get the greyed out option like my scientist does. Anybody know what's going on with that?

Offline kukupecpec

• Nooboo
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:17 AM »
My plant sim (male) is married to an alien. His alien wife has the want "have baby with (her husband)"
If they havest a forbidden fruit baby will that satisfy that want?
What about if she "trys for baby" with someone ELSE, can that baby fulfil that want or does it have to be FROM the husband?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »
My plant sim (male) is married to an alien. His alien wife has the want "have baby with (her husband)"
If they havest a forbidden fruit baby will that satisfy that want?
What about if she "trys for baby" with someone ELSE, can that baby fulfil that want or does it have to be FROM the husband?

Welcome to our Forum.

I can say for sure that the wife needs to have the baby with the husband for it to fulfill the wish, not with someone else.  I don't know for sure about harvesting a forbidden fruit baby.  Do you get the option to try for baby with these two?  A female plant Sim will get the seed in her inventory after trying for a baby.  But I don't know about a male plant Sim.  Hopefully someone else will be along soon who can give you a better answer.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kukupecpec

• Nooboo
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

I can say for sure that the wife needs to have the baby with the husband for it to fulfill the wish, not with someone else.  I don't know for sure about harvesting a forbidden fruit baby.  Do you get the option to try for baby with these two?  A female plant Sim will get the seed in her inventory after trying for a baby.  But I don't know about a male plant Sim.  Hopefully someone else will be along soon who can give you a better answer.

Ok so I tried planting a forbidden fruit but that didn't work =(
I sent him to the science center and had him cured, he got her pregnant, and now I want to turn him back into a plant sim but I'm not getting the option to EAT the fruit. Is there a difference between a forbidden fruit and a forbidden fruit SEED? Both the things in his inventory say forbidden fruit SEED. Maybe that's why he can't eat them?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »
Yes, there's a difference.  Seeds don't always produce babies, but produce just the fruit.  This is what you Sim needs to eat.  However, I don't know if you can tell the difference before harvesting the plant, so you might end up with more plant babies than you want.  Like I said earlier, it's been awhile since I played with plant Sims.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline seakissed

• Townie
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:45 AM »
Has anyone run tests on regular sims with male plant sims? I tried and the game seemed to be acting like the sim lady got pregnant (I can't send her to university), which from what I've read here probably shouldn't have been what happened? I also really want to know if one tries for baby with another sim (not in household) whos inventory will the seed appear in?

I appreciate the help, I'm looking into doing a twist on the 100 baby challenge by having my male plant sim produce all of his young himself (through alien and plantsim birth) but this pregnancy is a real hiccup in my plan :S

Offline SpeaksWithSpirits

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
Was that about my post?

Right at the moment all I have installed are Overwatch and Error trap. They keep my game from crashing when I go into CAS.

As far as growing Plant Sims though, I was able to do that before I put any mods back in my game. So far I've grown five Plant Sim babies.

Four were boys, one was a girl. Four were grown in her garden (three boys and one girl) and one in a pot inside her house during the winter.

Another interesting thing. I bought a Bonehilda to be in the house with the babies while my Sims attended classes. She would do all the housework duties she was supposed to do but she refused to pick up the babies. She would stand beside the crib and look at them but not pick them up.

The same thing happened with me for ANY of the babies my sims had. If I had the baby or toddler as the active sim I could get a notice that they were going to be picked up by bonehilda but she would just stand there and then the notice would disappear.