Author Topic: The Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 4 : Failed - please move to graveyard  (Read 778 times)

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
I have been a longtime fan of the Sims. 

My dad bought me my first copy of The Sims, and I remember him telling me it was the first video game to be best selling for both boys and girls.  He felt it was the first video game on the market that took girl gamers into consideration and took them seriously.  I've been hooked ever since! 

Lately I've been looking for a way to up my game-play.  I find I get bored of my families once I reach some internal goal I set for myself, and never look at them again.  I've gotten hooked on reading the Immortal Dynasty stories because they are so long term and the characters become so interesting.  I feel like that has been missing from my game-play experience, so here I am to give my best try at an Immortal Dynasty!

Hopefully this style is suitable for the forums.  I feel like sometimes the text gets lost amongst the screenshots people post in their stories... so it's just my attempt at streamlining things with my minimal photoshop skills.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Westmore Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
I hope this format is okay, too, because I like it!  Great start, and good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
Re: Westmore Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »
The Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 2: Prepare with Vigilance!

First thing in the morning after their honeymoon, Ivory took Connor to their property and broke it to him that the only thing they owned in the whole wide world was a trash can. 
He actually took it quite well!  Better than Mr. Sideways Cap Guy would have, I'm sure!

Connor agreed to sell his laptop, and combining that with the money Ivory had saved from her culinary career they were able to buy a very modest dwelling.   Ivory promised Connor they would paint the walls and put in a floor as soon as they could afford it.  All in all Connor was a very good sport about the bed and bathroom still being mostly outside...

The Westmore family was exhausted from skilling up in all of their free time.  It seems like all they did those first few weeks was work, eat, and sleep.  Or in Connor's case, paint!  They were so exhausted, in fact, that they didn't notice a stray cat had died (apparently to fire?) on their property. 

That is until it started haunting them!

Connor and Ivory decided to invest in Bonehilda, as their poor furnishings were in nearly constant need of repair.  They'll never understand it though, she dislikes the stray ghost cat, yet plays with every dog that wanders across the property!

Halleluiah!  Ivory and Connor were finally able to afford a floor and some better appliances!  Unfortunately, money is still hard to come by.  They pinch every penny and it still doesn't seem like enough, even with the money trees starting to produce! 
Connor has been working on sculpting, but it is slow going.  Ivory shouldn't put too much pressure on the guy though, what with his dedication to painting her portraits on time!

Ivory and Connor were working so hard, they didn't even stop to celebrate their birthdays into adulthood!  It's the next birthday that's most important, afterall.  They enjoy the small moments they can, in-between all the work that needs to get done!

Connor is the best of husbands, tending to the garden while Ivory is gone.  Staying up late to paint as she is off fishing!

As Ivory nears the top of her career they scrap together every last simoleon to purchase Divisadero Budget Books!

Ivory has become best friends with all of her co-workers, including Emma Hatch, Madison Van Watson,  Molly French and Bebe Hart.  She has taken Office Hero and Multitasker as her first two LTRs, just to help her get ahead at work!

With Ivory's Elder years fast approaching, it seems the right time to make Connor the father he so desperately wants to be!

Only Bonehilda knows my secret...and I think it's safe with her!

Unfortunately, after the joyous news of Ivory's pregnancy, she heard Molly French had passed away.  So she went to the park in search of a new best friend!  It seemed Ayesha Ansari only wanted to be friends with her if she would do the school cheer with her...again, and again, and again!  Ivory obliged.

When the baby comes, Connor freaks out like a good father, and insists on taking her to the hospital!

But Ivory won't go, so instead he goes to take a nap (she was going for that whole outdoor natural birth thing)!

Joy at the birth of their son Rusty manages to overshadows the couple's fear of not completing objectives, at least for awhile!

Their first night with the little one, and everyone has to come to check him out!  Ghost kitty sleeps on the counter, while Bonehilda creepily watches Rusty through the night.

Dad looks pretty smitten with his little boy!  Ivory continues working, trying to complete the objectives.

Ivory adores little Rusty when she can!

Before they know it their little baby...

...grows into a toddler!

To be continued...

Watcher's Notes:

Ivory is only three days away from Elder status!  Her young adult and adult portraits are complete. Her culinary career is at level nine, and the ambrosia recipe is collected.  Her gardening and fishing skills are also both up to level 10. 

However, she also still has to purchase the property and upgrade it!  Money is tight, and she can't return to work for over a week because of the days off given for maternity leave...
I'm beginning to feel like it will be sheer luck if she manages to pull it off!

Connor is lagging with ice sculpting, and with little Rusty occupying most of his time, I don't think he will make it in time to sculpt Ivory.  For now I will have to settle for just paintings.
So little time!!

I am excited to see what features little Rusty inherits!  It seems so far he has mom's blond hair and dad's green eyes!

Summary:
Founder:
Ivory Westmore
Traits:
Angler
Charismatic
Natural Cook
Gatherer
Green Thumb
Spouse:
Connor Westmore (previously Frio)
Career/Profession:
Culinary Career
Supermax Skill:
Fishing
Maxed Skills:
Cooking
Gardening
Lifetime Wish:
Five Star Chef
Six Unique Opportunities:
An Apple A Day
A Bag of Produce
Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Learn a Recipe - Fish and Chips   
Tragic Clownfish   
Uncommonly Good   
Six Unique Best Friends:
Madison VanWatson   
Connor Westmore   
Rusty Westmore   
Emma Hatch   
Bebe Hart   
Ayesha Ansari   
Three Unique Lifetime Rewards:
Office Hero
Multitasker
Property:
Building:
Divisadero Budget Books
Portraits:
Young Adult
Adult
Sculptures: N/A

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 2
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
Man, you decided to go the hard way with only two sims. Kudos to you if you actually do it though. Connor didn't even have a junk car in his inventory when you got him to come over either?

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
Re: The Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 2 : Prepare with Vigilance!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
Nope...no car...just the laptop...which supposedly he needed for his job...which I made him quit...lol.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:11:28 AM »
Nope...no car...just the laptop...which supposedly he needed for his job...which I made him quit...lol.

Ouch. Even Rica in her final attempt moved in two helpers besides the spouse, and moved in one down the road to take care of the garden when one of the helpers died. Plus the two helpers adopted a child, and various helpers had children down the road.

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to do it or not, but I wanted to try it this way first.  If it doesn't work I'll have to give some thought to helpers! All I know is Rusty is going to become my dedicated painter/sculptor.  I don't want to keep training that up over and over again...lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »
Good luck, rarespawn! I'll be rooting for you ^^
Best wishes for your Immortal Dynasty!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »
Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to do it or not, but I wanted to try it this way first.  If it doesn't work I'll have to give some thought to helpers! All I know is Rusty is going to become my dedicated painter/sculptor.  I don't want to keep training that up over and over again...lol.

Considering it's a complete certainity that Connor won't last until Rusty's an elder, you'll have to move someone in - maybe once Connor becomes an elder you can find some unsuspecting person to move in? Especially since they're both adults now, I don't think Connor will even last much past his son becoming a child or possibly a teen.

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:34 PM »
The Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 3 : The Waiting Game

Ivory has barely a day with her little boy before...

She ages up to elder!

I give my poor founder a little color in her hair back.  She's come a long way and still has a long way to go!

Little Rusty learns to walk...

talk...

and go potty in record time (ghost cat was helping scare him into potty training faster!).

Ivory is busy learning her ambrosia recipe, and trying to fish/collect for extra money!

As their watcher, I know I am biased, but I think Rusty is the cutest little Nooboo ever!

He spent most of toddler-hood playing in the toybox, as I had nothing else for him to play with! 

His little toys were dragged all over the grassy lot by the time he grew up!

Not long after Ivory's birthday, Ivory's beloved husband Connor had his birthday!

He mostly looks worried.  They both are!  Ivory has days left until she can go back to work and complete her tasks to become immortal!

He manages to complete Ivory's elder portrait rather quickly!

He also manages to finish Rusty's, though I had him do another after, as this pose was more of a mistake then on purpose!

Ivory shares a quiet moment with her son...realizing she is holding the next immortal in her arms.

The Stoney Falls property has been purchased and fully upgraded, I added picnic tables, bathrooms, swing sets, a trampoline, and lots of trees!

Ivory just needs to live long enough to go to work and get her final promotion!

Luckily, after a tense few days, Ivory emerges from work...at level 10 of the culinary career track!

She wastes no time, and double checks to make sure her requirements are all complete and that all of her friends are still alive, before eating ambrosia for the first time!

After another week passes, Ivory is able to make a wish for more money!  She can't bear the thought of Connor never having had the opportunity to sleep in a real house, and she wants only the best for Rusty!

The new house is looking good so far.  I have a blocked in area for the portraits in the back, for now (I was worried a robber might come steal them).

In the meantime, Rusty is growing fast!

I worry he won't make it to young adult before his father passes on.  I think whomever Rusty picks as a bride will have to take over the painting for Rusty.  Once he has reached elder status, he can do all of the sculpting/painting for the future generations!

Watcher's Notes: 
Yay!  Ivory made it!  I was so sure Grim was going to come for her while I was waiting for her work to come around again so she could be promoted!  She ate ambrosia at 81 days of age.  I'm very excited!  Getting my founder and her spouse established was easily the hardest thing I've ever done in a Sims game before.  I'm so glad they made it, because I've gotten attached to Rusty, and I want to see him reach immortality too! 

I was on pins and needles the entire time trying to finish my first immortal, it seemed like a waste to do anything but see if they made it or if I would have to start again!  Making the money to purchase and upgrade the property was exhausting.  I had about 71 simoleons when I finally finished it!

Rusty is growing up so handsome, I can't wait to see what his kids look like!  I'm thinking on multiples, not sure if that would make things harder or easier, but I confess I'm in love with this little family.

I don't have the adventures expansion, and I'm not too keen on sending my sims off to university, what with all the travel bugs...so I guess we'll see how I manage my time.

Summary-
~Completed~
Founder:
Ivory Westmore
Traits:
Angler
Charismatic
Natural Cook
Gatherer
Green Thumb
Spouse:
Career/Profession:
Culinary Career
Supermax Skill:
Fishing
Maxed Skills:
Cooking
Gardening
Lifetime Wish:
Five Star Chef
An Apple A Day
A Bag of Produce
Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Learn a Recipe - Fish and Chips   
Tragic Clownfish   
Uncommonly Good   
Six Unique Best Friends:
Madison VanWatson   
Connor Westmore   
Rusty Westmore   
Emma Hatch   
Bebe Hart   
Ayesha Ansari   
Office Hero
Multitasker
Super Green Thumb
Property:
Stoney Falls
Building:
Divisadero Budget Books
Portraits:
Young Adult
Adult
Elder

~Incomplete~
2nd Generation:
Rusty Westmore
Traits:
Artistic
Good
Charismatic
Spouse:
Career/Profession:
Supermax Skill:
Maxed Skills:
Lifetime Wish:
Six Unique Best Friends: 
Ivory Westmore
Property:
Building:
Portraits:
Toddler
Child

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
Re: The Westmore Immortal Dynasty - Part 3 : The Waiting Game
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »
Whoo! Congratulations on your first immortal~
How old was she by that time?
With as few people you have in your house, and will in the future - founder, second gen, second gen's wife - you definitely have space to have twins or triplets^^
You might need to move someone in in the meantime, as I don't know if Connor will make it to Rusty's teen birthday, plus finish his portrait.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
She is had it when she reach 81, I believe.
It's in watcher notes, Anna ^^

Congrats, rarespawn for your first Immortal!
Good luck, Rusty!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Anna33

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »
Wow congratulations on your first immortal. :)
I like how the ghost cat just haunts them.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »
Congratulations! I'm liking this story!  ;D

Offline rarespawn

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
Argh...I am so mad at myself right now...I made a stupid (but honest) mistake and invalidated my dynasty. 

What happened was I wanted my third generation girl to be an author, but I never registered her as self employed - writer.  I went through and met all of the other requirements and thought she had reached immortality, so had her eat ambrosia.  Today while I was writing up the next part of the story I was looking for her completion of a career, and I realized that while I had done all necessary goals to reach my lifetime wish, and while it probably would have been enough to reach lvl 10 in the self employed writing profession as well, I never actually registered, but she already ate ambrosia, so I can't even try to reach it really quick, which would take only a few days probably.

I'm upset, mostly with myself.  I'm heartbroken I can't continue with this family because I became really attached to Rusty's triplet girls (I think they are some of the most beautiful sims I've ever been responsible for)...although I'm glad I won't have to see them die now...I wasn't looking forward to that.

The only good thing is that I have learned a whole lot and I have a much better grasp on how to run things now, I think(and not to rush things)!  I will be starting a second run later today, not sure if I will keep the same name/character or not.  I have an idea for a story so it might morph a little bit!

Here is a summary of the high points, for anyone curious to see how things went down (and to see pictures of Rusty's beautiful triplets)!:

Rusty Grew up (quite handsomely I might add)!

His mother painted his adult portrait (only reaching lvl 8 painting).

His father, Connor, died.

Rusty married Rosalie, a girl he met in highschool.

Rosalie got pregnant:

I gave her fertility treatment, but not him.  I wanted them to have twins, but instead I got triplets!  They had three of the most beautiful sims I think I've ever managed to produce:

Saffron - first born and Immortal Heir - Red hair from I don't know where, and blue eyes from grandma Ivory!  (Rusty had Green eyes, and Rosalie had brown)

Ginger - Second born - Red hair from I don't know where, and green eyes from dad!

And finally Sienna - Third born - black hair from mom and blue eyes from grandma Ivory!

Rosalie Died:

Saffron married Bronson Doran:

Saffron got pregnant(praying hard for only one baby!):

They had a beautiful daughter named Sunny (I was hoping she'd be blond...lol).  She got grandmother Rosalie's black hair, and her father's eyes.

The house grew quite a bit, I had actually put all of the final walls in place.  This is the first floor living quarters of everyone (I hate having levels):

Level 2 is where I began storing all of the Immortal ice sculptures and paintings and things for the Immortal Museum:

Level 3 is where I began storing all of the paintings/sculptures/art done by the Dynasty(I wanted to see how big a collection of unique paintings I could get!:

Hopefully my second attempt will be more successful!

Summary-
~Completed~
Founder:

Ivory Westmore
Traits:
Angler
Charismatic
Natural Cook
Gatherer
Green Thumb
Spouse: