Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Gheez - Fayre n Square
2 (3.5%)
Neashaleigh - Freddie's Flea Markets
6 (10.5%)
Ladybug53 - Maplewood Open Air Market
6 (10.5%)
RaiaDraconis - Cherry Hill Marketplace
10 (17.5%)
Gogowars329 - Lucky Open Markets
8 (14%)
EdwardHuang -Falls Flea Markets
4 (7%)
Odinsdottir - East Street Market
7 (12.3%)
Vinyl - Icicle Market Square
7 (12.3%)
Ombradellarosa - Hometown Farmers Market
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 29, 2013, 02:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem  (Read 11159 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:10:49 AM »

Building Contests 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem

The Task:
There is nothing quite like a thriving market, the smells of fresh food and the sounds of the various amusement of children. Now it is your turn to create one, with limited funding. The town needs a lot that has it all for them: Consignment, Elixir, Relics, Books, Food etc. As well as entertainment! However most of your budget will not be going to a structure, the market is to be open-air and of whatever style you want: Flea or Farmer!

Additional Information:
You do not need the registers to make the stands. A good example of an open-air market is to be found in Union Cove!

Entry Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Community
  • Lot Size: 30x30 and Under
  • Budget: $25,000
  • Content Restrictions: There are no additional content restrictions.
  • Number of Bed Spaces: N/A
  • Other Specifications:
    • The following stands: Consignment, Elixirs/Potions, Relics/Decorations, Food, Nectar and Books.
    • Family Entertainment
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Any other stands you can think of.
    • A stage for live performing.

Contest Start Date: Sunday, 7 April - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Saturday, 20 April - 11:59pm

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

Only post in this thread if you are posting an entry or you are asking a question, we would prefer however if questions were PMed to us. If you have any questions please PM the Contest Team: samoht04, Lilygirl and Ausette. Ensure all receive your question to ensure it gets answered as quickly as possible.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »
Fayre n Square

Lot size: 30 x 30
Catalog price: £24,560
Community Lot: Visitors Allowed (places as Gypsy Caravan)
Expansions required: World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Pets, Generations, ShowTime, Supernatural, University (patched to 1.50.56)
Store content: None
Registers included: Food, Consignment, Comics, Books, Nectary, Elixir, Relics

Welcome to the Fayre n Square Open Air Market.

As it's your first visit, please allow me to point out the areas of interest:

The top right quarter, the Fayre Traders, is an excellent starting point. Here you will find costumier clothes, collectable comics, an abundance of books and a mini horticultural heaven.  All goods offered at fair prices.

If cash is short, walk on down to spend a penny or, if you're totally broke, dumpster dive for free. The Kiddy Convenience area contains a range of activities for the young and the young at heart. For your peace of mind, the children's' play area has been completely enclosed, so feel free to leave them play in safety whilst you walk on to the right.

The Whine n Dine offers a range of hot and cold beverages and foods: ready catered or barbecue your own.  Sit and sip and listen to the band or the crooners.  Don't be afraid to join in.

Finally, when you're ready, walk on up to Occult Corner.  Here you can have a magical makeover, discover your fortune or make your own with the wide range of potions, ingrediants and other antiquities on sale.

The Fayre n Square Open Air Market - fair and square or your money back.

Download link.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:55:16 PM »
Freddie's Flea Markets

Commercial Lot: Visitors Allowed
Lot Size: 30x30
Expansions used: SN, Pets, Seas, Gen, ST, UL, WA, LN, Amb
Stuff packs: None
Store items: None
Cost: §21,056
Registers: All

Download
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
Would a 40x20 lot be OK since it's the same area as a 30x30 lot?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »
Would a 40x20 lot be OK since it's the same area as a 30x30 lot?

No, a 40x20 is smaller than a 30x30. As 40x20 is 800 area, whereas 30x30 is 900. However don't use a 20x50 (1000) etc. until we've had a chance to discuss it, hopefully that won't take long.  :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »
No, a 40x20 is smaller than a 30x30. As 40x20 is 800 area, whereas 30x30 is 900. However don't use a 20x50 (1000) etc. until we've had a chance to discuss it, hopefully that won't take long.  :)

Argh, once again my poor math skills strike back. But at least I did guess correctly in that a 40x20 lot would be OK. 

Thanks for the quick response.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »
Here's another one. What about 64x11?

It's 704, so I suppose it's fine. Am I wrong?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Maplewood Open Air Market .
by ladybug53 .

Lot Size : 30x30 .
Cost Furnished : 23,580 .
Cost Unfurnished : 11,965 .

Expansions Used : World Adventure - University Life - Ambitions - Supernatural .
Stuff Packs Used : None .
Free Store Items :Earth Day

Maplewood Open Air Market has four cash registers , Food , Elixirs , Book and General Store . We are open seven days a week to see to all your needs . We also have a stage for our local performers . You can also have a game of chess or just sit on one of our many benches and socialize with friends . Enjoy your outing !

Download Link : Maplewood Open Air Market
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »
Cherry Hill Marketplace

Lot Size: 30 x 30

Cost: (on a §1,700 lot)
Furnished: §21,968
Unfurnished: §14,534

EPs Used: Everything up through Supernatural (No Seasons or University)
SPs Used: Town Life Stuff

No store content or CC.

(Cars not included, and the green trees peering in from the left are part of a different lot...)

A quiet, rustic marketplace perfect for those leisurely family afternoons. Open-air stalls include a bookshop, consignment store, relic shop, nectary, and elixir consignment along with a small food court.

(The only thing that is decidedly not open-air is the lavatory, for painfully obvious reasons. :P)

Family activities abound, from fishing to Gnubb to the water slide, plus a lovely playground situated within a lush cherry tree grove.

The bookshop features a small reading nook for those who just can't wait to get home to read their new purchase.

The food stall, picnic tables, and a close-up of the central pond.

A close-up of the consignment and relic stalls at dusk. (unmanned...the sellers were playing tag :o)

The nectary and elixir shops, also at dusk.

Fishing in the pond. Part of the elixir shop is visible to the left, with the beehive right behind him, and part of the lavatory is visible to the right.

A family at play in the playground and Gnubb area.

And finally, a place just to kick back and relax after a long day of shopping and family play.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 05:25:45 AM »
Here's another one. What about 64x11?

It's 704, so I suppose it's fine. Am I wrong?

We still haven't made a decision about the area thing. So for now the safest option is to stick to the normal lot sizes where both numbers are bigger than or smaller than the minimum or maximum lot size. E.g. 30x30 is the max so you have to have a 30 or lower on both numbers.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
We still haven't made a decision about the area thing. So for now the safest option is to stick to the normal lot sizes where both numbers are bigger than or smaller than the minimum or maximum lot size. E.g. 30x30 is the min so you have to have a 30 or higher on both numbers.
Don't you mean 30 x 30 is the max since the rules say 30 x 30 and under and I've built and completed my entry on a 30 x 20.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 05:50:20 AM »
Don't you mean 30 x 30 is the max since the rules say 30 x 30 and under and I've built and completed my entry on a 30 x 20.

It was an example but it probably should be appropriate to this contest's specifications. I'll change it now. ;)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 07:11:52 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #7
Market Mayham

Name: Lucky Open Markets
Lot Type: Consignment Store
Lot Size: 20 x 30
Price Furnished: $23,788
Price Unfurnished: $11,669
EP and SPs: World Adventures, (Registers, Relics, Nectar Stand, Lamps, Plants, Umbrella) Ambitions, (Consignment Register, Décor, Plants) Outdoor Living, (Décor) Generations, (Sand Pit, Chair, Décor)  Town Life, (Sink) Showtime, (Décor, Umbrellas, Light, Chairs, Bench)  Supernatural, (Register, Décor, Plants) Seasons, (Mirror, Picnic Table, Décor, Apple Bobbing Tank) University Life (Décor, Chairs)

Lucky Open Markets is perfect for any Sim looking for a bargain in the hot city. With six different registers to cater to your needs, you are sure to find what you want. The food and nectar registers will keep you standing, the relic register will keep you pondering about the past, the books register will keep you pondering about the story, the elixir register will keep you causing mischief around town and the consignment register will keep you interested in new products. So what are you waiting for, get to the Lucky Open Markets today!

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
I have a question about the registers/stands. I don't have WA so am wondering if I have the cash registers mentioned since the only one I can find under community objects is the elixir/consignment register from Supernatural. Am I missing something or do the registers come with WA and I simply don't have them? Will I still be allowed to enter if I don't have them and is there a substitute I can use or can I just create specific areas to clearly denote where the registers should go?

Thanks in advance for your help. 
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
I have a question about the registers/stands. I don't have WA so am wondering if I have the cash registers mentioned since the only one I can find under community objects is the elixir/consignment register from Supernatural. Am I missing something or do the registers come with WA and I simply don't have them? Will I still be allowed to enter if I don't have them and is there a substitute I can use or can I just create specific areas to clearly denote where the registers should go?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You don't require the registers to enter, just make the listed stands. e.g. Have bookcases for the Books stand.