Author Topic: Ghost Pets  (Read 21117 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Ghost Pets
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
After running another test, I can't be 100% sure. It could be messing up for me because of cheats. A dog that had a long life in game time and earned happiness points honestly came out blue, whereas three I cheated with were red. It seems likely that the red dogs are not being treated as though they got the 50k+ happiness points (happy life) I gave them.

But, I think you are right. The odds of me getting 4 red ghosts with an even 50/50 chance is only 6.25%.

Romeos1900

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
I have been testing as you. I believe when they teleport out of the pool they are dying and they are moving to their tombstone for the Grim reaper action. Every time they have been blue and they have always died for me once they teleport out of the pool.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
I know this is a really old thread but I wanted to mention something where maybe Carl could see it.  In one of my play files, I had a cat who passed away three times due to game crashes (poor kitty).  The first time he passed away he was blue.  He had just less than 30k happiness points to his name and about 8500 of them were still available.   The second time he passed away, he had only a few more hundred happiness points than before but he only had 600 left  and he was red.  The third and final time he passed away was just like the first time and he was blue again.  This causes me to wonder just how random it is or if having happiness points available to spend is a factor.

This is an expansion late but I just wanted to mention my observations.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
There is tuning in the game files for what determines a pet's death type. PetOldAgeGood (blue) requires 10,000 lifetime happiness (It's in the SimDescription XML), but in the core, it checks only if the spendable lifetime happiness is greater than or equal to the tuned valued (in this case, 10,000. The hard-coded value is only 500), not total amount accrued. Pet NPCs have a 65% chance for a blue shader, but they're mostly red in my games.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 06:46:17 AM »
In that same file that I mentioned before, I had two cats die and get red ghosts after the blue ghost cat.   The difference between the blue cat and the red cats was that the blue cat had LTHP to spend and the other two I don't think did.  The blue cat had around 9000 points left whereas the other two had just bought something so they were both near 1000 or so.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 07:16:01 AM »
So, are y'all saying that it doesn't matter how many LTHP the pet accrues?  It's the amount that's unspent that determines the color of the ghost?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »
We'll see.  I'm not trying to kill off any cats but eventually there will be another death in that particular family so I'll try to keep watch of his LTHP and then see what his color is when the sad day comes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »
I can't say for certain because I didn't take notes, but I had a cat die in my current family and she should have spent all of her happiness points.  When they get close to the end of their lives, I make sure to spend them so the cat is as happy as possible.  Anyway, she has a blue ghost.  I'll try to pay more attention when the next cat dies and make note of whether the points were spent.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 05:00:28 PM »
         Now, I know this post is ancient, but I stumbled upon it looking for a reason to see why my Sim's cat, (whom died of old age), was red. From what I gathered, you guys said it was random, or had to do with how much LTHP (Lifetime Happiness Points) you spent. Well, when my cat, Gingerbread Newman, died, I had bought the Bottomless Pet Bowl, Super Swank Pet Bed, and the Pet Hygienator. These were very fulfilling, and were worth a lot (Worth exactly 35,000 LTHP.), but resulted in low LTHP at death (A total of exactly 2,246 LTHP.). A few days later, after the son witnessed his mom's ghost around 6 AM, the opportunity to revive a ghost came up. NOW, I know this was directed to revive the mother, Sarah, but I instead revived the cat, Gingerbread. Upon leaving the facility with his red-ghost cat, I realized the RED cat gained two new traits which it didn't have when it died. These two traits were Aggressive and Noisy, both negative traits. When we think of anger, we think red. Therefore, I think that it DOESNT matter what you spent the LTHP on, it depends how much they have at time of death. Having a low amount= negative ghost color (red), and negative gain of two traits. (in this case, Aggressive and Noisy) I feel like running more tests, and I may later, but I really wanted to point out this experience incase anyone wanted to know.

~Flower  (P.S. The cat died, and was revived with, exactly 2,246 LTHP.)

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »
Gah, Im stupid and just realized this was already resolved. But also just pointing out the good or bad trait gain influencing the ghost pets. Sorry everyone.

~Flower