Author Topic: A Genetic Speed-Running Immortal Dynasty - For Science! (No Story - Completed)  (Read 28457 times)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
Generation One:  For Science!
Ancestors:  For Mugshots!
Generation Two:  For Fluid Dynamics!
Generation Three:  For Chemistry!
Generation Four:  For Mendel!
Generation Five:  For Robotics!
Generation Six:  For Molecular Gastronomy!
Generation Seven:  For Kinesiology!
Generation Eight:  For Genetic Pathology!
Results:  For Scientific Methodology! Part 1
For Scientific Methodology! Part 2

For Science!

Howdy Simmers!  After getting knocked off the dynasty horse a couple of times I'm climbing back on and trying the old immortal dynasty challenge.  There will be no story, only the occasional anecdote or incident.  The speed-running part of it comes from the nooboo express - my ladies are having the next generation as soon as possible.  The genetic part of it, well, let me introduce you to the founder.

Meet Tera Fying!

Yowza!

Her mum had every facial slider maxed, and her father every slider minimized.  She mainly takes after her mother, but with her father's mouth.  Her body has had every slider maxed.  She's purple, with very unique non-saved hair and eyes.  Basically if her genes continue on, it'll be easy to spot!

Mugshot

Body shots

The Grisby household moved in to help start the dynasty off with a bang (and an heir)!  Walter fathered generation two on day one of the dynasty (thank goodness for rabbithole tours).  Luckily enough he didn't get caught cheating, and apart from him moping around after being dumped, he and Yvette lived happily ever after.  They even got the eternally faithful moodlet.

They turned out to be a really helpful group.  Yvette comes with cooking skill, while little Laurel is naturally artistic.  Walter, well, he doesn't bring much to the dynasty table but he was repurposed into a gardener with relative ease.  Laurel learnt gardening as well, and got the gatherer trait on aging up (so incredibly helpful).  When the garden was full I'd have her harvest while Walter weeded and fertilized.  Yvette spent most of her time at the alchemy table, mixing elixirs to keep everyone happy and awake.  Thanks to the Grisbys future heirs will have an easier time getting their supermaxes finished.

Tera supermaxed science, which gave no ops whatsoever.  The science career was full of them, and she learnt basic mixology to supplement her ops requirements.  It's pretty hilarious to see her metrics at rank ten in her career; supersmiling green mood, angry red face fishing, angry red face gardening, angry red face handiness.   ;D  Working at home can get a sim through any career, it seems!

For Science!  And Sparkles!

Heir One Requirements

Portrait YA/A/E:  Y/Y/Y
Lifetime Wish:  Creature-Robot Crossbreeder
Level 10 Career:  Science
Supermax skill:  Science
Fully Owned Building:  Hogan's Deep Fried Diner
Fully Upgraded Property:  Lost Willow Park
Three Unique LTRs:  Fireproof Homestead, No Bills Ever, Climatron Control Unit
Six Best Friends:  Robert Newbie, Luke McDermott, Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes, Horra Fying, Jeremy Valle, Esther McCarty
Six Black Ops:  The Best Evaporating Dish is a Clean One
Funding the Lab
Easy Theatre Job
Better Mixology
Practical Like a Fox
Of Fish, Robots, and Robot Things

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: A Genetic Speed-Running Immortal Dynasty - For Science! (No Story)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »
This looks brilliant, Vinyl! I don't know if we've talked much before, but I've seen nothing but good things from you since you joined the forum and I'm super-excited to see how this turns out.  ;D  For Science!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
Oh my . . . why would you--*gulp* for science. It's all for science.  :o
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 08:51:18 PM »
Oh my . . . why would you--*gulp* for science. It's all for science.  :o

Just think.....Rammstein from Gwendy's dynasty and her procreating o,o

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »
Just think.....Rammstein from Gwendy's dynasty and her procreating o,o

Oh, this needs to happen after the two dynasties are done, I hope!!

Vinyl, looking forward to seeing how this goes! Oh, and I'd love to see Tera's parents , if you don't mind :)

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Oh my, Tera's features are quite interesting.  I hope they carry on throughout the dynasty.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
This is... really something... I... am... speechless and amazed at the same times.

I must check this out to see where this Dynasty will end up to ;)
Looking forward for that, Vinyl.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »

Oh goodness, this must be Drizzelda's sister, I see! I'd say good luck, but you seem to have things well in hand.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »
I'm scared of what the next generation will look like but nonetheless excited.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »
Ha, thanks all for the comments - I'm giggling over here!  I know, I know, she's not exactly a supermodel.  But there is method to my madness, I swear!  Believe it or not I've bred out some of her siblings and they've produced wonderfully interesting and lovely children.  I expect things to be half-odd, half-game genetics around generation three or four.  At that point my fingers are crossed for unique and awesome sims to start showing up in the family tree.  Not going to lie - the first couple of generations might be rather rough.

The crazy colours are simply so I can track any recessive genes.  Once you've got a purple sim with dayglo hair, it's hard to resist running with the look!

If I get a chance I'll try and get some shots of her mum, dad, and a couple of the nifty kin this bloodline has already produced.  Thanks again for the comments!!!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »
SISTER!! *side hug of chumminess*

But seriously, this is great. I don't know if it means anything, but you get my blessings. All of my blessings. Just take them. Seriously, what have I started?!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 11:34:20 PM »
I'm curious, on Tera's sideways mugshot there's little paler arcs of what looks to be lightning (or stretch marks!) across her temples and along her jaw.  Was that a makeup effect, or did that come with the super purple color and is just unnoticed on the commonskinned Sim?
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »
I'm curious, on Tera's sideways mugshot there's little paler arcs of what looks to be lightning (or stretch marks!) across her temples and along her jaw.  Was that a makeup effect, or did that come with the super purple color and is just unnoticed on the commonskinned Sim?
Those are vampire veins that I think came with Supernatural.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »
Those are vampire veins that I think came with Supernatural.

Ah.  Thanks, I haven't added that expansion in yet.  It's very Sithily awesome though!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »
For Mugshots!

As requested, it's family mugshot time!!  Here's Ma and Pa.

Her chin goes through her chin! Those bumps have to be the oddest thing of the many odd things about her.

His profile is something else.

From what I understand of the game's genetic programming, features are taken either from mom or dad, but not blended.  It shows up clearly in their kids (oh yes, they had many).  Here's a daughter I bred out in search of interesting sims for the bin.

She looks better with bangs.

There was liberal use of testingcheats enabled, so the family tree is too fuzzy to remember.  All that I can confirm is a Mango got into the bloodlines early, and this lady here is one of the earlier generations - possibly even the daughter of the sim above.

Perhaps a bit too unusual to be considered normal, but she's got great genes to build on.  Also some feature swapping and slider fiddling could make her into something unique and lovely.

This fellow is quite obviously descended from the sim above.  He's had a couple of sliders nudged to get rid of skin stretching textures - he's probably about 98% the same as the way he was born.  I consider him one of the successes - definitely something the random button would never give me, and pretty darn cool (in my opinion, anyway)!

Notice his underbite (bottom teeth stick out).  The sliders controlling that are set to their minimum - technically he should have a massive overbite.

The main reason I run these odd sims through quick generations is my theory about hidden sliders.  Take noses as an example - when playing around with them it seems like they've got a pre-determined limit of how large they can be based on which nose is selected.  Wee button noses can't be massive buttons, and massive beaks can't be mini-beaks.  However, I've seen sims get massive buttons or mini-beaks through inheritance, which leads me to believe the size parameter of things like noses and other features is a separate element from the shape. 

I could be completely wrong about this, but all I do know is I'm rubbish with the sliders in Create-a-Sim and the random button never likes to touch the minimum or maximum of the range.  Creating an unusually sculpted sim with large slider peaks and valleys works well for me as a sort of randomizer supreme.

Here's some more kin, all descended to various degrees from that one daughter.

She could use some tweaking, but her profile reminds me of those in ancient Grecian art.  She's a goddess in waiting.

I believe this is the sister of the goddess above.  I love the soft round quality to her features.

This gal is one of my all time favourite sims ever.  She's great as she is, but when you dress her up just so...

<3

anything