Author Topic: Need help with NRaas Twallan's Story Progession Mod  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Kayla Of Nosgoth

• Nooboo
Need help with NRaas Twallan's Story Progession Mod
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:11 AM »
Ok...I like the idea of the mod, I like CONTROL in my game so I HATE story progression. Well I don't know if it's one of my expansion packs or what my the check box to turn story progression off in Game Options is simply not there anymore. :( So someone suggested Twallan's Story Progression mod. Great....Except I'm completely useless when it comes to mods and when I open it up and see all these options my brain just shuts down.

I googled guides and couldn't find anything to really help ( I know, I'm hopeless) so that's how I ended up here.

Basically I just want Story Progression off completely except for a few tweaks.

All teens and kids do their homework even if they are not the active household.
All bills be paid even if they are not the active household
Basically do their daily needs so they don't die or do something stupid
No random deaths, I work hard on my sims I don't wanna switch back to a household to find one died. D:
I don't care if they socialize, as long as it's not flirting, woohooing, or making babies, or anything romantic.
I don't want them getting married without me kinda helping along and or missing the the wedding and falling in love. :(

I know it's kind of hard to explain, maybe there's a video explaining the mod?? Or maybe someone can help me figure out what options I do what with?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Need help with NRaas Twallan's Story Progession Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
I'm not sure Twallan's Story Progression will help with the teens and kids doing their homework. Usually people install it so that they will have other sims in the neighborhood flirt and get married and have children.

If you want to turn Story Progression off, the button to do that is on the last page in Options, the Demographics one, where you choose whether to have vampires, witches, etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 04:08:50 AM »
I'd suggest you look here at the interactions page.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+Interactions

It's rather long but it tells you what everything in the menu does.

All teens and kids do their homework even if they are not the active household.

I haven't used it for a while as i've been playing a dynasty but I did use it for a long time and it does push teens to do their homework. You need the careers module for it but you can set exactly how much you wish them to do, default is 50%

All bills be paid even if they are not the active household

This requires the money module then inactives will pay income and property tax.

Basically do their daily needs so they don't die or do something stupid
No random deaths, I work hard on my sims I don't wanna switch back to a household to find one died. D:

Twallan's SP prevents any accidental deaths by default, drowning is the only thing I have seen and that is more due to an overcrowded public pool and sims getting stuck, a game issue not story progression.

I don't care if they socialize, as long as it's not flirting, woohooing, or making babies, or anything romantic.
I don't want them getting married without me kinda helping along and or missing the the wedding and falling in love.

It's easy enough to stop story progression flirting sims about town or doing any romantic stuff, usually in a brand new game I set allow flirts to false, after a while I will turn it back on again but if there are certain sims I don't want the mod to touch I disable romance on that actual sim, that way the rest of the town can get on with their lives but the one I have my eye on is off limits to anybody but me  ;)

I do suggest you look through that list though, it explains everything pretty much, most things you will probably just be happy with the default settings and just wish to tweak a few parts, it can take a little getting used to but once you have it set up as you like you can export your settings, it will put them in the household bin, then import them in a new game later.

Having just had to take up daycare in my dynasty to get the town alive again I really wish normal story progression did half of what Twallan's does, if it was allowed I would definitely still be using it.

Offline Kayla Of Nosgoth

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »
Thank you both! :D

anything