Author Topic: Crossing the Rubicon - Smile 6-23-13  (Read 7346 times)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Crossing the Rubicon - Smile 6-23-13
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
The Riffin’s look fine on the outside, they appear to look healed, happy and safe. But it’s near impossible to heal from that day. From what they do and don’t remember about their parents. Most days they ignore it, but it still comes back to haunt their darkest day, and their most terrifying nightmares. But yet, they move on. They'll ignore the nigthmares, or just hold someone or be held untill the pain passes. Doesn't make it less likely that Cory's going to be the next Batsim though. Still, the Riffins are a family, and they'll always be there for each other.

Ditz is the glue of her pack. She wants Alpha to find his mate, for Master to stop doing really stupid things, and for Omega to stop being so OCD about making the pretty wall hangings. But until her pack can do those, she’s going to guard them because face it, they can’t protect themselves in their current state.

Calvin Miles Riffin (although he’s also know as Cal sometimes) is the leader of the bunch, the man of the home. He doesn’t look like the strongest, but he is. His brother may think of him as a coward, but in reality Calvin will do anything for his family. He aspires to be married surrounded by a family of his won one day. It should also be noted that he’s an amazing writer, although he’s never written anything before. Ever since then, he’s been finding out about other hidden talents.

Cornell ‘Cory’ Michael Riffin is a daredevil. Whenever there’s a flash mob during quiet reading time at school, someone giving Ditz some cola and mints, or a hole punched into the wall, logic and past experiences points it’s finger at Cory. He’s the ultimate problem child, the want that women realize in their later years it was a good thing he got away. Cory will make bets he can’t keep, and get in trouble for the heck of it. He hopes the rush of danger and excitement will give him whatever is missing from his life. But he knows why and what he’s missing in his hear, however he prenteds that it's not there and it's not real. Calvin is trying to help Cory but so far it’s to no avail.

Chantrelle “Rell” Marcella Riffin is a smart cookie. She’d rather read a book or paint then watch TV or play on the laptop. She’ll trip over her own feet though, so Cory is quite sure that she’s lost a few IQ points that way. She’s the ‘lucky’ one in her family. Though being young when is happened and sheer will, she’s manged to forget everything about her parents. So in the end, maybe she’s not so lucky. Rell adores her brothers, and her art. Ever since  ‘The Anastasia Goole Memorial Home’ sent her an easel, she’s been on it. All. The Time.  However it’s still healthier then Cory’s on-off relationship with breaking curfew. But overall, Rell is a happy, and safe child.

Just like everyone else in her family.

But like everyone else, they have their days. But now they’re going to have to truly move one, otherwise they won’t heal.

Sadly, that could very well be harder then one would think.

This is my first story on here, and I'm really happy about it. The Riffin's in AP are on of my favorite familes, and I promise the rest of the story won't sound like this. (I wanted to set up everyone and have the readers be a bit more familiar with them.) Anyway, thank's for reading along!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Crossing the Rubicon
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »
Dextra 2, I think you've made an admirable start.  I'm curious enough to bookmark this.  I've played in AP a few times but never the Riffins.  Good luck, I'll be reading.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
Dextra 2, I think you've made an admirable start.  I'm curious enough to bookmark this.  I've played in AP a few times but never the Riffins.  Good luck, I'll be reading.
Thank you Magz! The Riffins are quite the intersting family. Even truer when Calvin keeps throwing up wishes to get married. All. The. Time.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Louise56

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »
Great start to your story, I like it very much. :)

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
Great start to your story, I like it very much. :)
Thanks Louise! Your words mean alot to me.

I'm just about post up the "first" chapter, everyone!
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Crossing the Rubicon - We Didn't Start the Fire. (5-12-13)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
We Didn't Start the Fire

Monday was a busy day. And by busy, we mean the Watcher had enough for a chapter update in about seven sim hours. A all started when Cory was doing something stupid and life threating (big surprise there, right?)....

“Well....” Cory stared off in a trance like state. “Every bone in my body is telling me yes. But everything I’ve learned is telling me no. This is kinda like when they told me to wear glasses or I’ll lose my depth perception. And you know what, depth perceptions is for wussies." He thought to himself. "So let’s do this!” He grinned wickedly and allowed the lighted match to fall from his hand. (Once again, let’s go back to stupid and life threating.)

Of course, to make EVERYTHING better, Calvin wasn’t at home.

He was at the library, working on his si-fi novel; ‘The Blue Screen Effect’.

Because he was feeling a writing block comeing on at home, so he decided to write at the library to prevent it. Which in hindsight, was a bad idea. Mainly due to his siblings.

“Ditz, I hear screaming and smell smoke. I think Core’s trying to kill us. Again.”

“Ew, fire smells like smoke. Cory, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! If we weren’t in MORTAL DANGER, I would KILL YOU!” Perhaps it better to show what the fire looked like to Rell.

Needless to say,  whatever miracle that was keeping Cory alive wouldn’t last long once his sister got to him. Unless the fire was put out first.

Hopefully that would be sooner rather then later.

Well, it looks like post traumatic stress disorder has done it’s job. At least he didn’t pass out in the middle of the fire.

“Hello 911, my name is Chantrelle Riffin. There’s a fire in my basement and one of my brothers is trapped in it. Also my other brother is passed out on our porch. Could you send some firemen and an ambulance? ... My address is 1935 Beach Boulevard, Appaloosa Plains. ... Thank you for your help.”

“Maybe I should take a picture and email it to Vera Dojo... She is pretty cool. For a girl anyway...”

A/N:
Most. Hectic. Day. Ever. I've lost my screen shots wth the firemen, but that can be fixed. Still, over $1000 in damage and the most of the room needs to be cleaned badly. Cory popped a wish with something about fireworks and that's where I got the whole idea for this mess. Any and all feedback would be nice. Have a nice day!
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »
I'm really worried for these kids.  :( The social worker didn't catch wind of any of this right? Please tell me she didn't! I would hate to see them be split up!
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
I'm really worried for these kids.  :( The social worker didn't catch wind of any of this right? Please tell me she didn't! I would hate to see them be split up!
Everyone's fine. No social workers came. But I did get the Millers to vist at 2:00 AM Tuesday though.

I do agree that a vist from the social worker is order though, but for a completly differnet reason, and that time hasn't come yet. (After all, we still need to resolve The Great Fire To The Basment/Calivn's Room.) ;)
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »
Everyone's fine. No social workers came. But I did get the Millers to vist at 2:00 AM Tuesday though.

I do agree that a vist from the social worker is order though, but for a completly differnet reason, and that time hasn't come yet. (After all, we still need to resolve The Great Fire To The Basment/Calivn's Room.) ;)
I'm not saying that a visit from the social worker is in order. Heck, in real life, it's traumatizing. They're not going to be split up, right? Right?! D:
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Crossing the Rubicon - We Didn't Start the Fire (5/12/13)
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 08:04:56 AM »
I absolutely love Chantrelle.  She reminds me of Lilo.  "Hello?  Cobra Bubbles?  The Aliens are destroying our house."

I love AP, so I'm interested to see where this goes.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
I'm not saying that a visit from the social worker is in order. Heck, in real life, it's traumatizing. They're not going to be split up, right? Right?! D:

Heck no!  (Well, they might spilt up when Cory turns YA and wants to move out, but that's a long way off.) I've got a story to write here, and splitting up won't help.

I absolutely love Chantrelle.  She reminds me of Lilo.  "Hello?  Cobra Bubbles?  The Aliens are destroying our house."

I love AP, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

What show/book/movie is Lilo from? Because I don't recognize that name.

AP is my favorite town! I'm a sucker for farm type towns. :P Remind me of my grandfather's old place.
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
What show/book/movie is Lilo from? Because I don't recognize that name.
It's Lilo and Stitch. By Disney. :)

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 06:49:40 PM »
It's Lilo and Stitch. By Disney. :)

*facepalm* I knew that. I SO knew that. I loved that moive/show when I was like seven. Been forever since I've seen it, so that's probably why I didn't get the referecne.
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »
*facepalm* I knew that. I SO knew that. I loved that moive/show when I was like seven. Been forever since I've seen it, so that's probably why I didn't get the referecne.
Hahaha, no worries. XD Happens to everyone.  ;D

Offline Dextra2

• Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
Hahaha, no worries. XD Happens to everyone.  ;D

Well, now I have one more thing one The List of Things I Need to Do; watch Lilo & Stitch. :))
~~~
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest