Author Topic: Strays  (Read 2791 times)

Offline redmare

• Townie
Strays
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:40:44 AM »
How often do strays show up? My Sims LTW is to adopt six, and I would like to do that if possible without adopting from shelters and neighbors, even though I know that works. Do they show up anywhere but on your home lot?
Please take a look at my story, the Thousand House!
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15796.0.html

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Strays
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
Other than the official threads, I have never tried the adopt strays LTW (using true strays) because, in my experience, strays never stay long enough to get the friendship significantly raised and their return is very unpredictable.  They turn up every few days, but, frequently the timing is inconvienient (not much use if your sim is in bed or in the shower etc.) and most frequently, when they arrive, they just go to sleep immediately.  Waking them up does not seem to work, they simply get up and leave so interactions are greyed out.  The one time I got close to an adoption, we were at good friend's level, the stray died on my lot and I ended up with a permanent red ghost cat on my lot.

You can increase the number of strays on your property by buying the gnome which you can set to encourage/discourage animal  visits.  Make sure your sim has the correct animal lover trait and that you have the "Raised by Wolves" reward.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Re: Strays
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »
I'm currently on the same quest. I have a stray cat staying because I'm making my cat socialize with it. Hope it works :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk