Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 93529 times)

Leto85

Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »
Hmmm, I'm still wondering how 'ancient bugs' in Sims Medieval will look like actually. Probably fossilized...

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
Ancient Bugs? What? ... ??? ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
From what I guess, bugs like: the monster being friendly to you, or your enemy suddenly becomes your ally.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »
Hmmm, I'm still wondering how 'ancient bugs' in Sims Medieval will look like actually. Probably fossilized...

;D

Oh dear, those poor sims.  Wasn't it a time when bed bugs and human fleas were rife? I can imagine them scratching themselves.  Now why does that make me smile?

Quote from: Metropolis Man
Yeah, I've read it will be part of a series as well. But, I wonder why the series has not been named yet?

I wonder if they are waiting to find out whether Sims Medieval will be a success or not first?

(Oh and Leto, apologies for confusing you about my gender, I'll change the avatar to something female sometime.)

Priyansh

« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
Bed bugs and human fleas, eh?  :D

I think we will find out the bugs as soon as we play the game. EA will certainly release patches and custom content and (if possible) expansions, so most of them will be fixed when we get them.

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2011, 02:56:14 PM »
One of the previews said there would be expansions, but those plans could certainly change depending on sales.  For expansions to be viable (i.e. profitable), the base game has to be very successful. 

Personally, I think the game will be fun for a little while, but I think the lack of building/customizing options will hurt its longevity in the long term.

Leto85

« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2011, 05:19:22 PM »
Would be awesome if that Medieval game will be somehow connected to The Sims!
On the other hand, maybe it's better not... What if a medieval warrior will die from an event caused by me and that warrior was actually a important ancestor of one of my multi-generation families in The Sims 3? Could destroy a whole dynasty family just by changing the past.
Tsss, stupid space-time-continuum, so instable... :( I want a bug-free universe in my Medieval game! :D

@Gheez: Thanks for the big upcoming change! Now I can finally admit that I am also a girl, but 7 years old. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
@Glic2000: You are right. The buildings will not customized, and this takes away 50% of fun that we have in The Sims 3. Still, the new features will make up for the loss.

By the way, one thing is for sure: There will not be Immortal Dynasty Challange, as there are no aging or generations in this game. :(

I wonder what dishes our sims will eat........ ::)
I wish something historical, like bread, olives, grapes, apples, mangoes, etc., etc. Along with that, a big wooden cup of milk which was common in those days. And 'non-alcoholic' beverages too, as they are in TS3. The taverns were filled with unwashed men who were always deadly drunk, provided that they have money to afford wine. :P

I also wish that EA will make an option to open a shop. I heard that in TS2: Open for Business, you could have your own shops! :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2011, 03:42:15 AM »
Yes, it TS2 you could own your own business and even do things like make churches, synagogues, temples whatever.  It was awesome in the different build things you could do.  I think that is why I almost never actually played with Sims, just built and built and built. 

I will miss that feature a lot in Medieval.  I think building is still one of the most fun things in the game for me.  When I get bored with what my Sims are doing because they must do them, I take a break and remodel something or build something.  Keeps it going for me.  Right now I'm watching a Sim write, and write, and write.  BORING!  But necessary for the challenge. 

Wouldn't it be great to build your own castle or manor house with all the features you KNOW belong there?  I must admit, when you really think about living in medieval times it's not so much fun.  If you're female you might as well go hang yourself because you never really have a life of your own and really are constantly in harms way.  If you're a male you have so much hard stuff you have to do and are in constant danger, and while it may be different for each class I think it was equally hard all around.  The only way I would personally be happy in medieval times is if I was living solo in the woods somewhere as a religious.  Hard work but a life of your own and no one to bother you much.  As long as you were really within the church and followed their rules you at least wouldn't get killed as a witch!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Priyansh

« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2011, 04:21:13 AM »
If I make my sim Wizard or Witch, he/she will probably be charged for heresy and burned at the stake! >:D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2011, 01:23:20 AM »
The official EA site is looking great.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Priyansh

« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
Terrific!! :D

The layout is looking great. That's a mix of Early Medieval Nails, High Medieval Stones, Late Medieval Leather, and Early and Late Colonial Gold borders.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2011, 02:49:50 AM »
Thanks for the link, Pam. I'm getting really excited about this one. It'll be so cool having fresh content to write about, although the best part is going to be playing it. I like the idea of games having an end and getting a score. I am a big fan of the Civilization games, and they place you at the end based on your leadership abilities. This is going to give the game a lot of replay value and that's what I'm looking for in my next game purchase. I think I'd be getting this one even if I weren't planning a guide for it. ;)

Priyansh

« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
Civilization series is great. You can build a mighty Empire, complete with roads, farms, railroads, etc. All depends on the strategies you have in mind. Can be compared to Total War series.

After reading the game info of The Sims Medieval, I came to know that you can build an entire kingdom. What I hope is to make a trading capital as I do in many other games. Build a huge marketing system, and then test my abilities in trading and warfare from what I have learnt in 7 years. Importing and exporting is fun, though. ;)

What I do wonder is warfare. If possible, EA could implement thousands of soldiers on the battlefield (I highly doubt that there will be a battlefield!). This game has knights, and knights were famous in Holy Roman Empire (known today as Germany), Poland, Austria, Teutonic Order (later, Prussia), Sicily, Napoli (today known as Naples) England, and most importantly, France.

Here is a group of French Knights, from the game Medieval II - Total War:

From the experience in Sims 3, I think that our computers will not be able to handle 10,000 soldiers on one 'lot' or battlefield. So the wars will probably be based on 1-on-1 duels between two kings/princes/wizards.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
I think you won't get to see the wars directly, as they might work just like when you're reading the newspaper in TS3; You just get messages of what is going on. Your knight's abilities and such will probably be a major factor on being victorious, though.