Author Topic: Sibling Rivalry: The Lin Sisters Town Jump - Ch.1: El Tango de Roxie  (Read 3559 times)

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Sibling Rivalry – The Lin Sisters Town Jump

Prologue – From Riverview with Love

To: [email protected]

Dear Erika,

I'm actually really happy for you! I thought Monte Vista would be such a nice place for you to live – and I guess have a family too. Although I think you should tell your parents sooner rather than later. I'm sure they'll be happy for you. They might yell at you, but don't worry. You're off in Monte Vista, and they're spending their retirement back in Shang Simla and as long as you call them every so often, you should be fine, right? Mom and Dad are the same way with us after they left for Sunset Valley. Honestly, I wish Roxie left with them and I could fix her side of the house.

I heard that there's a great music program there too. Or better yet, why not Bridgeport? She could meet all the celebrities  and connections she ever needs. I don't understand why she even stays here in Riverview. I feel like she'd be so much better...not...here. You know what I'm saying, right? I've tried so hard to get to know her all my life, but I'm just not interesting enough for her. And I don't blame her. I'm just trying to make a living doing what everyone else in our family does – being doctors! But I'm sure you're busy especially with your new husband and new people to know. As for my own romantic endeavors...ah, well I haven't told anyone, but Dr. Wilson, my new boss, is quite cute. He's a little older than me, but what is age when it comes to men?

By the way, like the new look? When you talked about having makeovers I thought I could use one myself to destress. Here are some outfits I thought you might like.

I looked at some magazines this time, although I still don't see what was wrong with my old cream dress. Roxie muttered something about 'maternity wear', but I don't really see what the problem is.

Hope to hear back from you soon, jiejie. I miss you. You were the only person who could deal with Roxie's...Roxieness when you lived here. I've decided that not speaking to her as much as possible would be the best policy, but I just hope she doesn't do anything foolish again.

With love,
Shirley
-------
To: [email protected]

You have got to be kidding me. You? Married? And in a short period too. I can't believe you finally caved into marriage and stuff. I thought we were supposed to fight the traditional way of life! Not give into the ring! That's what made you cool and not so square like my sister. But I guess I can't stop it now. If he's a bully or you get bored of him, divorce him immediately, of course. Also, put me first on your next email.

I mean, I still love you jiejie. You know that. After you sent your makeover pictures, I thought of getting one myself.

You like? I thought they suited a future Rock Goddess, in all my purple glory. I can't wait 'til Shirley freaks out about it, but she's been kind of absent lately. I assume it's the work. Blegh. No offense. I just wish she'd do something...I don't know...like get a boyfriend?

Of course, that's totally not my thing – commitment, like, ew? You know how it is – don't want random guys getting all in my personal life and distracting me from my true love – the guitar.

Although I spotted this cutie today when I was doing a small side job after my mini-concert at the theatre.

His name's Hal Breckenridge. He's super buff and super hot. And he likes the color red, which is okay. It reminds me of you. He apparently works at the police station, but I think with abs like those he should be a professional Llama team member,  don't you agree?

Speaking of commitment issues, when I was on my date with Hal, apparently Nadine (my boss) started to flirt a little with – and don't laugh – that paranoid ex-soldier looking dude. Hunter  I think is his name.  In front of her husband. Now that takes some serious courage. Even though I like Yuri and his family's cool 'cause they're like, ex-gypsies for Watcher's sake and fellow rock stars in training, I gotta hand it to her. If I was committed like that I would've freaked the fur out.

But I'm sure you're busy buying stuff for the baby room or whatever. I'm so sorry. I just hope whatever kids you have in the future aren't a pain in the rear like I was. But blame my parents for wanting to pass on the 'Lin Legacy' of Doctorship. Ugh. You and Shirley got that covered, thankfully. Anyway, try to call me too, kay? I can feel the carpal tunnel creeping up on me as I type.

Xoxo,
Roxie

*jiejie = older sister in Chinese.

[Watcher's Note: Shirley and Roxie's cousin's Erika has her own story in the DD forum: The Lin Decadynasty]

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Sibling Rivalry: The Lin Sisters Town Jump - Ch.1: El Tango de Roxie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:48:43 AM »
Chapter 1 – El Tango de Roxie

What's up?

Since I couldn't stop you from have Beatrice (that sounds so old fashioned...I hope she has a nickname), I'm just gonna congratulate you. Welcome to the world of diapers, not enough sleep, and saving money for college tuition. Although, knowing you, I doubt money's gonna be a problem.

As for me, well, you could say this week was pretty exciting. Hal came back to watch my performances outside the theatre again.

He gave me lots of tips – I wonder if that means he has a lot of money too.  He is a cop – they make a lot, right? Unfortunately some other people have been checking me out too.

Who is this guy? Is he looking at my behind? I'd sock it to him, but he also gave me a good amount of tips so I can't complain much.

Oh, and in hilarious news, Shirley's got the hots for this doctor dude. I had to get a picture of them pillow fighting.

I got a small chance to get to know the guy. Jebidiah Wilson...wow, that  name sounds so old. What kind of parents do you have to have to get a name like that? He's pretty darn old too. Not gonna lie, this guy's hair could go any minute. At least he looks somewhat hot. For a doctor.

But she violated the 'privacy rule'. Again. We agreed to this: I don't go on her side. She doesn't go on mine. And to make things worse, she thinks she can just come up to my side and wash my dishes just to rub it in how perfect she is. I was gonna get to those dishes...eventually.

So I left. I called up Hal, see if I could stay the night.

And while I was there, I thought I would have a little fun...

You think Shirley could get that with her doctor friend? I don't think so. I'm betting they don't really talk much about anything that isn't work. Maybe they can look at the sky once in a while and talk about how beautiful it is at night.

Do doctors have time to look up there? I think so. But I guess I wouldn't really know. Anyway, I'll leave you to your kid and your new husband (by the way, I think that Jeb looks a lot like your Luigi fellow. Does he have a brother named Mario? LOL!) As for me, I'll have my fun with Hal without all the hassles of children. Just really handsome eyecandy and a few woohoos in between work.

See ya soon -
Roxie
----
Dear Erika,

Roxie left. Okay, not permanently. I actually tried to call Roxie all day after she just stormed out, but of course, straight to voicemail. I just wanted to help her out!  I could smell her unclean dishes from my side of the house! I thought she'd appreciate the help too. But then again, nothing I do is ever good enough for her.

It's sad. I was just having a nice day too.

Dr. Wilson – he wants me to just call him Jebidiah! Isn't that awesome? -  came to visit me today and try my special Autumn Salad. Okay, you know I'm not too good at cooking or anything, but he looked at it like a patient eyes ...well, anything that isn't hospital food, basically.  We mainly talked about work, since we both want to become World Renowned Surgeons,

I'm sure all the talk of the newest medical technology and the latest ruptured spleen story will surely blossom into something, more, right? I mean, we're not getting younger, and he's quite older than me, and I'm not sure if he's willing to marry some bed pan cleaner with barely any money in the bank and an irritated older sister who does who knows what...jiejie, I don't know what I'm going to do. At least I got him to sleep over before we went to work, since he was pretty tired to go back to his house, and then we woke up to eat leftover Autumn Salad.

After we went to work, I basically did the same thing – studied logic techniques to help with those quick thinking skills needed to make decisions in the hospital, went home, did those dishes, Roxie left...you know.

The next day, I went to work again – I finally got promoted to working as a Paramedic.

Just a few minutes ago, Roxie finally came back home. She kept throwing up for some reason (I could unfortunately hear it on my side) ...did she eat something weird when she was out?

I'm glad that runaway thing is over. But it's not like we're gonna talk about it, so it's not like I'll ever figure out what happened...maybe you could tell me? I know that she trusts you. It's not like she could hack your email and find out, so...or could she? I know I shouldn't be so nosy, but I don't want her to be super sick and see her end up in the hospital...Agh! I'm gonna just go to sleep. I'm sure it's nothing.

- Shirley

P.S. I complained this entire email!  I forgot to say congrats! I'm so sorry. I'm sure she'll be a beautiful girl. A painter though...well, I hope she makes enough money to pay the bills.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:00:27 AM »
I'm really enjoying this. Love how you've linked your two stories. Can't wait for more.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
I also really liked the stories.  Two sisters, so different and you created an interest in both their loves.   Has me hoping they both can find happiness. 

Hummm, throwing up?  Me thinks we missed hearing chimes.   :)

I want both of them to find a "true love".  If memory is correct Jeb Wilson is a nice guy.

Enjoyed reading it and looking forward to reading more.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:31 AM »
I'm really enjoying this. Love how you've linked your two stories. Can't wait for more.

Thanks! Actually I started my DD way before this story - it's not until I started writing that I thought Erika should send letters to the place where she's from and I thought of Roxie and Shirley and it basically snowballed from there. Haha. There should be some coming soon!

I also really liked the stories.  Two sisters, so different and you created an interest in both their loves.   Has me hoping they both can find happiness. 

Hummm, throwing up?  Me thinks we missed hearing chimes.   :)

I want both of them to find a "true love".  If memory is correct Jeb Wilson is a nice guy.

Enjoyed reading it and looking forward to reading more.

Nah, she probably got sick of all the Autumn Salad Shirley makes, I think. >)

Ahaha, he's a bit of workaholic (okay...very much a workaholic) but he's nice. And lots older than Shirley (older than Erika even, and Erika's in her Adult stage at the beginning of the game), but I'm sure that won't be a problem~.

anything