Author Topic: Trouble Leveling the Diving Skill?  (Read 10387 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Trouble Leveling the Diving Skill?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 12:36:07 AM »
All of my snorkelling has also been out in the open.. nowhere near land or beaches but it wasn't always over a dive spot either.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 03:53:54 AM »
Moved a CAS fairy sim I made from another town on my first go in IP and had the athletic/snorkeling glitch and still had it on the CAS ghost sim I made especially for IP. (At least till I hit the athletic cap where snorkeling seems to be normal now)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
I just moved 6 sims three times into Isla Paradiso.   I had them get a houseboat each time.  That houseboat moved away from the port so there was water all around.   I had each of them get off and start snorkeling.   None of the eighteen Sims learned athletic once and they all were able to snorkel without an issue.  Now leveling the diving skill is a little slow as it's based on time not action (I think) but having the "Loves to Swim" trait will actually help with that a lot.

Edit:  Crinrict says if you get the bug about the continuous skill gain of athletic just reset your Sim.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
My problem with leveling the diving skill is my sims are getting the "too warm" moodlet whenever they go out and snorkel for any extended period of time.  Do you guys turn seasons off or what?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
I use the "Loves the Heat" trait sometimes & "Immune to Heat" LTR.   Also if you're not opposed to cheating you can just make it one temperature all the time.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
I ignore it. It's a blue moodlet, so doesn't affect them either way, and I haven't had it get worse.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »
I finally got to level 2 (yay!) but when I took my sims to Rocky Reef and scuba dived, I didn't really see anything down there worth exploring.  Am I missing something or is it my poor graphics?  I see a lot of tall seaweed and a bunch of rocks on the bottom, and there are a lot of sharks but not much else.

Also, when I sent my sims to snorkel next to the houseboat, after they were done and I tried to have them go back on board, they always took a water taxi instead of climbing up the steps literally two feet away.  Is this supposed to happen?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
There are fish to catch and seashells to pick up and two caves to explore at Rocky Reef.

Offline Lord Woffingshire

• Nooboo
Diving skill leveling problems
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
So iv'e been having some troubles leveling the diving level of my sims. the problem being, it won't level, at all.
when I send my sims snorkeling, the skill bar appears above their heads but never rises, and when they take the diving lesson it doesn't level them up either.
is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Diving skill leveling problems
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 01:14:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There is already an entire thread about this so I'm going to merge the two together and maybe your answer will be there.

If you use any mods, don't forget to remove them and test again.  Also make sure it's not just those Sims.  Clear caches and start new Sims to try and level.  I highly recommend taking the class to get the first skill point.   

You may actually be experiencing an old bug where sometimes Sims just can't level a skill no matter what you do.  I've had this happen before in a new file and just started over and it worked the second time.