Author Topic: Uncharted Islands  (Read 12254 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Uncharted Islands
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
I earned my second uncharted island this morning after my resort gained five stars.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 11:21:03 PM »
Wait, does it have to be potent cure or does just the regular cure elixir work?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »
It has to be potent.  That is the one that cures Sims of their other-ness.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
So I guess this guide to Finding Uncharted Islands belongs here.

You have to:
do the opportunity chain
befriend a mermaid
max scuba diving and take a cave to an island
discover by boat
collect 4 map fragments from bottles
find a riddle that reveals an island, also in a bottle
make a 5-star resort
get 35 rescues as a lifeguard

For details and some really pretty pictures, see the guide :)

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
Which didn't register for me the twice I did it. Setting the temperature to the highest (Scorching?) completed it.

I used the firewalk at the resort so I couldn't control what the temperature was. Then I gave up and bought one, put it on scorching, and tried again. She made it across several times and still didn't complete the opportunity. I think I'll just give up on that one. Looking at the guide, it doesn't seem worth all that time.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
Ok so here is my situation...

I have a husband and wife, and the husbands best friend, and the Best friends child living in the home. The husband and wife have the Get all 8 islands LTW. The best friend has the diving  LTW and the child doesn't have a LTW. So can I have all three adult sims do different tasks to get all eight islands. For example, having the wife be the diver, the best friend the life guard, and the husband do extra things, like the Opp. Will it all count to be successful in reaching the LTW to getting all 8 islands. SO another words, when others find them does it count as the whole family finding the island and therefore completing the LTW wish of the hubby and wife quicker?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
I can only assume so but I haven't tried it yet.  Just remember map pieces have to all be picked up by the same person because they don't transfer between inventories

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 01:07:08 PM »
Ok thank you, well I will try and see if it works out.

EDIT: Is it me, or do the islands stay really foggy after you discover them? I discovered the one that you have to get you boat close to, but it is still so foggy, its annoying.

EDIT: Never mind, I had a bunch of lag for a few minutes and it was all messed up. It fixed itself, now I am fine.

EDIT:Ok another question..... to befriend the mermaid and have them show you the island do you have to scuba dive in a certain spot or does it not matter?

oh, and a mod tell me if I should modify my last post to add this. I wasn't sure so I just did a new post. But since I have 3 posts in a row someone please tell me if I should modify them all together or leave them. Thanks!

P.S: All the edits were from 3 different posts and I was told to compile them. Sorry for any confusion!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »
It's always best to compile your posts than to double or even triple post. 

I've always done the diving in Rocky Reef because it was closest to a port where I could call the mermaids to but I don't think it matters.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »
Ok thank you. And I will compile them now.

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 02:55:42 AM »
You have to do the firewalk on at least Hot temperature.

How do I set the temperature? As far as I can see my sims can only "just" fire walk, not set the temperature. ..

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
How do I set the temperature? As far as I can see my sims can only "just" fire walk, not set the temperature. ..

If you buy a firewalk, you can change the temperature.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 03:31:12 AM »
You can only change the temperature if the firewalk pit is on a lot you own I think. Also, it only counts if you get the Sole Survivor moodlet I think. I tried three times with one sim, once on the hot setting and twice on the scorching setting, before that part of the opportunity counted as complete and she also got the moodlet.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2013, 04:35:28 AM »
You can only change the temperature if the firewalk pit is on a lot you own I think. Also, it only counts if you get the Sole Survivor moodlet I think. I tried three times with one sim, once on the hot setting and twice on the scorching setting, before that part of the opportunity counted as complete and she also got the moodlet.

Then it might be buggy. I did it without changing temperature and got it complete with one sim. Got no Sole Survivor moodlet though. The second time I walked my sim I got the moodlet though...

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »
I can't find the blasted bottle. I've done everything else but that riddle is taking forever to show up. Outside of using buydebug to spam spawners (which I will do if nothing else works but I'd rather avoid) is there anything I can do besides just picking up seashells every day? I'm starting to believe it's impossible to complete this LTW on normal lifespan . . .

By samoht04

anything