Author Topic: How Can I See Spawners?  (Read 7975 times)

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
How Can I See Spawners?
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
So I'm trying to clean up Hobart's because it's constantly crashing.  I've read that there are bug spawners that are underground, and i'm trying to remove them.  I've enabled the cheats (testingcheatsenabled, buydebug, and moveobjects) so I do know how to do that, but the spawners (white boxes) are not visible to me on any site.

Is there something else I may have turned off?  I need help to solve this problem as my game freezes up constantly whenever I'm actively focused on my resort.  If I never go to the resort I can play all day long, but once I focus on the resort I get the common game freeze where objects are blowing, plumbob spins, sounds active, but the game is frozen to inputs.

Help me find those spawners please.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: How Can I See Spawners?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Have you tried building a small basement at the resort so you can go down a level with the camera? if they are underground you might need to do that before you can see them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:25:23 PM »
Sorry forgot to mention that.  Yes I've gone down 3 levels, but still no spawners of any kind are visible.

I do remember once in hidden valley I saw spawners all over a site I placed the greenhouse on, but I don't recall ever seeing a spawned after that.  I started with no mods, but still nothing.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:59:57 AM »
Do you have Twallan's Master Controller?

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
Yes, Master Controller, Error Trap, and Story Progression.

I'm less concerned now because even when operating a scratch made resort on a different lot I get the same freezing after a short time playing.  I'll just have to stop running resorts.  The game works fine if I'm not focused on a resort.  Too bad because that's a fun part of this EP.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
When you're on the lot, you could use the City Hall NRaas Master Control Object Stats - Local - and be able to see every object on the lot that you're on.  If there are spawners, they should show up there and you can then delete (flush) them.  Even hidden objects show up because I use that feature whenever I play a with to remove the annoying brooms.

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »
Thanks for that tip.  I haven't used master controller since I stopped getting bills in my inventory.  I'll have to give it another look.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
I'm having a similar problem on my residential lot. Two spawner boxes appeared beside the basement of my boathouse (I mean, in the empty area around the basement). I am 100% positive that they weren't there when I built the basement. I removed one of them but the other one is stuck and I can't click on it nor delete it with the "hammer" tool, and the insects are still there. I haven't had any freezes yet but it's strange that they came out of nowhere. My only issue is frequent Error 12 but I doubt it's related.

Anyway, did Master Controller work? I don't have it, but if it worked I might give it a try.

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
For Error 12, Twallan has a page regarding General Issues and covers Error 12 there in more detail.  You might find it useful:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/General+Issues+FAQ

Frey

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »
Oh, thanks! I did what it says there and my computer didn't explode haha, we'll see if it fixes the error 12 thing.

About the spawners... well, the spawner I deleted yesterday is back, and the one I couldn't delete is still stuck there. I wouldn't be surprised if this would cause bugs in my game in the future. So, LeuceDeuce, could you tell me if Master Controller worked for you? I would like to get rid of them too. Thanks!

Offline LeuceDeuce

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 01:54:51 AM »
I got so frustrated with the constant freezing that I packed my bags and moved to lunar lakes.  Played crash free all night (4 hours).  Felt great :D

Frey

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 02:03:47 AM »
Haha, I know that feeling! I'm glad you worked it out somehow  :).

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
All you have to do to see the spawners is use buydebug :)

But the one in Hobart's Hideaway will constantly come back if that's the one you're referring to.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.