Author Topic: New Venue: Business As Usual Bistro -- Now Available!  (Read 23067 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
New Venue: Business As Usual Bistro -- Now Available!
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Sneak Peeks and Blog:

Official Forum Thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/697006.page

Sneak Peek photos via Twitter:

Community Blog: link

A Designer's Thoughts: Run Your Own Restaurant

Check out what Designer Alan Copeland has to say about the new venue, Business as Usual Bistro, he created for The Sims 3!  The Business as Usual Bistro will be available on The Sims 3 Store July 18th.

Design is a lot like shopping on a budget.  You only get so many days of development in each department –Art, Audio, Engineering, etc. – to make something really special.  Having a Non Player Character (or NPC for short) work on a Store item was always something that was too big for that budget… until now.

Thanks to our talented Development Team I’m proud to introduce you to our newest The Sims 3 venue, The Business as Usual Bistro!

The Business as Usual Bistro features the brand new It’s Business Time Industrial Oven. 

This is no ordinary stovetop!  While you can fix a quick meal here, the magic really happens when you Hire a Chef and Set Your Menu!  Setting your menu allows you to customize the type of dining experience you want for your bistro.  Do you only serve vegetarian meals or the best cheesesteaks in town?You decide!

When you Hire a Chef a townie will appear to come work that oven.  He or she will start prepping food in anticipation of that dinnertime rush.

You get to set what hours you want them to work and what level of Chef you want them to be— Line Cook, Sous Chef or Executive Chef.  Higher levels open up better quality food and more recipes but demand a higher salary. Decide you want to demote your chef or if you choose not to promote them after long enough and they just might quit! 

You’ll also want to set up what the mark-up is going to be.  Higher quality food warrants a higher price tag but even that might not be enough to keep Frugal Sims happy.

Make sure you place plenty of menus around on tables and counters so you’re Sims can have a wonderful dining experience and the Chef will come out, take your Sims order and hurry to bring them their food!

Just one more day until the all-new Business as Usual Bistro venue is available on The Sims 3 Store! We had a great time making it and are looking forward to seeing how your Sims use it.

Happy Simming!

Alan Copeland
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Oh Wow !  This is too much .....never thought we would be getting something this awesome . Wooo !
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

Yes! I always loved the restaurant feature of Sims 2. Good to see some of that coming back here. It looks like this is happening on a home lot, instead of community, based on the mailbox, but since we can now own more than one home lot, I guess that's not so bad.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Ooo, this looks like it might be fun in conjunction with resorts from IP...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: New Venue: Business As Usual Bistro -- Now Available!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
Business as Usual Bistro is now available.  You can buy it here.

Is your Sims dining experience a bit ordinary? Is it so humdrum that it feels like they just disappear entirely when they go out to eat? In that case it’s time to spice things up by heading out to the Business as Usual Bistro for the crème del le crème of opulent dining experiences!

Now available for 1700 Simpoints until 7/21 then it will go back to it's normal price of 1900.

Comes with Premium Content Item: It's Business Time Industrial Oven link.

Not currently available for individual sale.

o you want to start your own business and make gobs of Simoleons? How about spending a night out of the town where you have a chef waiting to make your favorite meal? If these things sound appealing, then you should get the It’s Business Time Industrial Oven, hire a chef, and start living like a boss!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »
Has anybody purchased and used this new venue? Looks interesting but I don't want to just buy it on impulse.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 06:52:37 PM »
I'm disappointed that w can't have our own sims be the chef - it's not like a job so our sims will do nothing really - but I'll probably buy it anyway. It does seem like they are trying to satisfy those of us who want our own business - I hope one day they let our sims sell stuff themselves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 05:41:30 AM »
Cool. The S2 restaurant is back !  8)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »
A warning, first of all -- do not place this venue in your dynasty file (Immortal, Townie, or Life state) until permission is given. Your household automatically gets the revenue from the restaurant. You don't have to buy it.

My apologies to anyone who read the above. You won't own the venue if you place it in your town. If you want to own the venue, you have to own the land that it sits on, and you have to buy that land and make it a community lot before you place the venue or the oven and menus. Once you have placed them, you should then have your sim visit the lot in order to hire a chef, set up a menu, etc.

Another warning or perhaps advisory -- it appears that townies in store worlds won't come and use it. I had plenty of townies come to eat there in Starlight Shores, none in Aurora Skies. If you're not satisfied with the number of customers, have your sim invite out some friends.

Children cannot eat in the venue. They can't use the menus, and if you cancel the parent's eating action, the plate of food disappears and is replaced by the menu.

The good news is that you can offer whatever dishes are available to you. If you have the wood oven from Monte Vista, those dishes appear; ditto for the ones from WA and LN.

Other good news is that if you place a Late Night bar in the venue, a mixologist will come. I don't know whether your sim will collect revenue from it, however.

My impression is that the higher the level of the chef, the longer they'll stay at work. A line cook seems to work a very short shift -- about 2 hours; a sous-chef stays longer. The chef's level might also influence what you can have on the menu. I don't think you can offer lobster thermidor with only a line cook.

If you put the oven in your house, you can have a chef come and prepare your meals. Unlike the butler, the chef serves only what you order -- all the chopping that he does is just for show.

I haven't experimented with putting the oven on other community lots. If you do, you need to also place menus on the tables. They're found under Appliances and cost 5 Simoleons.

I also haven't experimented with using the venue for a date.

I hope we will be able to use the oven and menus on the properties we already own in the dynasty files. I doubt we'll get that much revenue from them, especially in the store worlds, and the experience of dining out is definitely more fun.

Edited to add:  I haven't figured out how to own the EA-designed venue. I'm not sure you can. I've tried changing the Community Lot -- Visitors Allowed designation to Community Lot -- Small Park, but don't get the option to buy it when I click on it.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 07:50:28 PM »

Thanks for the detailed information, Marian! I'm pretty excited about this one.

brappl

The Bistro is on Sale
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
For anyone interested, the Bistro is on sale at the Sims 3 Store today, the 20th, ending on the 21st for 1700 Simpoints.  Normal price is 1900. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: The Bistro is on Sale
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »
The Bistro is a store venue which has nothing to do with Island Paradise so I'm merging this with the actual thread about the Bistro.

brappl

Re: The Bistro is on Sale
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
The Bistro is a store venue which has nothing to do with Island Paradise so I'm merging this with the actual thread about the Bistro.

I am sorry!

Offline pookieb

• Nooboo
Buisness As Usual Bistro Menus?
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »
I built my own bistro but menus are not showing up on the tables. Do I need to place these myself? If so, where do I find them?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Buisness As Usual Bistro Menus?
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum, pookieb.  We already have a thread on the Business as Usual Bistro, so I'm going to merge your question into that thread.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything