Author Topic: Strangers come to live on my lot  (Read 4411 times)

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
Strangers come to live on my lot
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
Haha sorry, I didn't know exactly what I should call the subject.. I've had this strange thing in my game: when my Sims goes to sleep, after a few hours, 3 strangers would just walk into my house as new playable household members. It has happened 4 times now, every night. Always 3 sims without family tree or any relationships. It looks like brand-new sims, but why do they move in with me? It couldn't be the roommate thing, cause they are playable. It seems like the game has created them and merged them with my household. I can play them like normal, and I let them move out as soon as they arrive, but new ones keep coming every night.. It's really bizarre and annoying, especially cause this particular game is my Challenge file and even though the new sims don't add to the household funds, they leave books in my inventory and I'm very much tempted to sell them!

I've never experienced such a thing before. Has any of you? Help is very much appreciated :)

Dellena

Re: Strangers come to live on my lot
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:20 AM »
Never heard of this happening before and I'm unsure of the allowed fixes you can do with a challenge file.  Hopefully someone in the know will respond soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »
Thanks Dellana :) Well could you think of any fixes that I could do with a normal play file?

And maybe I can clarify: I don't use any mods or any external content whatsoever. In fact I even play the sims on a non-networked computer. So, no chance that this could be caused by anything from the outside. My guess still is that this legacy lot is doomed.. I've never played on this lot before, and I never had these bugs before, so... :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »
Thanks Dellana :) Well could you think of any fixes that I could do with a normal play file?

And maybe I can clarify: I don't use any mods or any external content whatsoever. In fact I even play the sims on a non-networked computer. So, no chance that this could be caused by anything from the outside. My guess still is that this legacy lot is doomed.. I've never played on this lot before, and I never had these bugs before, so... :D

Is this a legacy or a Dynasty challenge?  If it's one of our Dynasties, I suggest you post on that thread and see what the Challenge Team has to say.  If it's Pinstar's legacy, it doesn't matter what you do with the file because nobody monitors that challenge.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 07:16:03 AM »
It's the pinstar legacy. It doesn't matter, I do it just for myself, I just want to know what I can do to stop this, no matter what kind of file it is.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
The first thing I would try would be to save the household, with house, to the library.  Then bulldoze the lot.  Put the house with household back down again and play.  See if it still happens.  If so, I'd save the household without the house to the library.  Put them in a different house and see if it still happens.  If not, it's something about the house.

When all else has failed for me, I've taken a copy of the family/household from the library and put them in a fresh new version of the town.  You'll loose relationships but not careers.

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:43:31 AM »
YES it worked! Thank you so much!

I did what you suggested and then I saw what I think was the problem: the lot type was "apartment" not "normal" - so I guess the game sent me tenants.. I just didn't keep them long enough to notice that they would pay their rent :D
So after bulldozing I went to "back to game setup" and moved the house back and this night, no strangers came, and after that, I could let my Sim's boyfriend move in (even though he wasn't her boyfriend any more, but whatever, it took her 1 day to make him fall in love again)   

Thanks again for your help :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 09:09:27 AM »
I'm just glad it's fixed! :)  Happy simming!

anything