Author Topic: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 24:Beautiful Day 08.11.2014)  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
The Taylor Random Town Jump

Hello and welcome to the Taylor Family Random Town Jump based on Random Town Jump challenge by judewright.

I will follow the rules pretty closely. However, I will choose Lifetime Wishes from the five alternatives the game gives after randomizing all traits. I try not to duplicate any Lifetime Wishes.

Let's see how this goes!

Chapters:

Chapter 1: Looking For Love
Chapter 2: Love Is In The Air
Chapter 3: I Got You Babe
Chapter 4: All Mama's Children
Chapter 5: If You're Happy and You Know it
Chapter 6: O-bla-di, o-bla-da, life goes on, brah!
Chapter 7: Sweet Little Sixteen
Chapter 8: Ballroom Blitz
Chapter 9: Smooth Criminal
Chapter 10: Smells Like Teen Spirit 
Chapter 11: Spread Your Wings
Chapter 12: From This Moment On
Chapter 13: Photographs And Memories
Chapter 14: The Night Chicago Died

Chapter 15: Seasons in the Sun(set Valley)
Chapter 16: I Will Survive
Chapter 17: Bad, bad Boy
Chapter 18: The Letter
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Let It Snow
Chapter 21: Celluloid Heroes
Chapter 22: Girls on Film
Chapter 23: This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us

Chapter 24: Beautiful Day

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
Chapter 1: Looking for love

I feel so blessed to be able to walk out my front door and see this! What a change from the dreary trailer park where I grew up.

Oh sorry - should have introduced myself first. Hi, I am Florence Taylor, a single young adult sim. A few weeks ago I moved from Simerica to this lovely sun-kissed place called Monte Vista. The close-up of me is after a trip to the local salon. They did my hair really nice!

My dear late godmother left me a nice sum of money in her will which enabled me to move abroad and buy this charming little cottage called Beautiful Barn. I think the name is sport on! The cottage is small but quite enough for me. And it has a large garden! I have quite a green thumb so the first thing I did was to start planting. Maybe eventually I'll have the vineyard I've always dreamed of. But for now I'm working as a lab tech at the Doctor Simano's Sanatorium to make a (meager) living.

From the inside, my little house is not so barn-like anymore. I tried to make everything as cozy and romantic as possible with lots of splashes of pink - my favourite colour. And now my inheritance is almost gone - I have only 4000 simoleans left on my account.  (watcher's note: I decided to pick the poorest household in Monte Vista for my starting family so I ended up with Florence. I like playing poor families.)

It's Sunday now and my day off from work. I like to spend my free time getting to know this lovely place. So, let's go to the Centro as they say it in the local dialect. The old center is up on a mountain across the river from my place. It takes quite a while to get there by bicycle, but it's the only means of transportation I could afford to buy (could not even get a Sloppy Jalopy). And I don't trust the taxi service of Monte Vista. I heard they drive very recklessly (watcher's note: as you'll see in later chapters).

Isn't the walled city magnificent!

And what do you know! The first person I see when I get to the Piazza Regalia is Giacomo Modena. He's my first friend here and I have developed a bit of a crush on him, I must confess. Yet I have heard some disturbing rumours about him being a criminal of some kind... and now I really don't know what to think about my new wooer. I am happy that he does not notice me.

So to be on a safe side and avoid Giacomo, I ring the bell of the closest door by the Regalia Court. And I cannot believe my luck! Two quite attractive brothers - Carlo and Camillo Mancini - live there! They introduce me to their friend Isabella Monty. And we all get along famously!

We spend the evening watching Romantic Rendezvous on TV. That's my favourite channel! Is there someone like-minded in the house!?

Well, if there is, it certainly is not the younger brother Camillo. I find out that he dislikes children. How can someone dislike those lovely little things! Who does that! Certainly not me! I want to have lots of kids - at least five of them! So Camillos's stories really bore me.

But the older brother, Carlo, is quite the opposite. He's so charming that I can hardly take my eyes off of him. It is so nice to be near an attractive sim! We even share the green thumb trait!

I want to enjoy the attractive company moodlet a little longer, so I invite the brothers to the public pizzeria.

I am glad that Camillo eats his pizza alone in the restaurant, so I can have Carlo all to myself. Carlo likes the outdoors so we take a table on the terrazza. Ooh, Carlo is so dreamy that I can hardly eat anything! He tells me that his father died a while ago, leaving him with many responsibilities, including the duty to ensure his brother's happiness. I say what a man! So strong and reliable! Quite unlike that Giacomo Modena whom I don't know if I can trust at all.

But all nice things have to come to an end and we all head off to our homes!

Next morning I call my boss Kaela Bianchi to take a couple of days off.  I'm super happy she approved my request! Now I can throw a party to all my new friends and naturally invite my boss along! Beside her my rather short guest list consists of Isabella Monty and her husband Patrizio and of course the Mancini brothers.

I also invite Giacomo Modena, since I want to find out if the rumours of him being a thief are true. Unfortunately I cannot talk to him because he is so fascinated by my new sprinklers that he does nothing else than plays in them during the party.

Apparently Carlo Mancini is some kind of a celebrity in Monte Vista since Isabella - a journalist - interviews him.

I serve pizza - what else - to my guests.

Someone bought a plate of hod dogs along. I take one to Carlo so he does not lose the magnificent muscles of his. I must say I was quite smart to choose swimsuit as the dress code ;)! I only wish the Monte Vistans (is that a word) would not wear sunglasses all the time!

After a successful party I wake up pretty late. I decide to ride up to the Restful Mausoleum to learn more of the history of Monte Vista. At the graveyard I meet two tourists, Jayden James and David Haynes. OMG they are handsome!

Jayden is so friendly and  we hit it off immediately. He tells me he is on vacation with his friend David. After a while he lets me in on their little secret: they are both male models from Simerica trying to travel incognito and enjoy a holiday in sunny Monte Vista. Funny that I don't remember seeing their pictures anywhere - just goes to show the kind of backwater I used to live in!

Jayden also reveals his sensitive side. To cry at a grave of stranger - what a wonderful, compassionate and deep guy he must be! Quite unlike that Giacomo Modena who takes pleasure from stealing from others.

The house the guys are renting is near the cemetery and we take a stroll there. Jayden is a bit worried that their house is a bit of a mess and rushes off to tidy up the place a little. What a guy! In my experience, men don't usually notice the mess they make.

David suggests I throw a little party so we can get to know each other and I immediately like the idea.

So I invite all the handsome single guys I know to Port-A-Party Warehouse. Since I'm the only woman present, I am the center of their attention.

The guys take turns with me on the dance floor: first Giacomo, then Carlo, Jayden etc. I got the sense that Giacomo is a bit taken aback by the situation. But I don't remember when I have danced so much. I am sure my feet will be sore tomorrow!

Things get a bit wild later. But needless to say - my party is a great success!

Now I'm very tired from all the partying and meeting so many attractive bachelors, so good night! I hope I'll dream of my future husband! Can you guess who it'll be?

Florence's traits: Handy, Natural Cook, Hopeless Romantic, Green Thumb, Easily Impressed
Zodiac sign: Gemini
LTW: Surrounded by Family
Favorites: indie music, Autumn Salad, pink

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Taylor Random Town Jump
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »
Nice start! I like Carlo. Too bad he's so old. Bookmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »
I enjoyed reading your start, can't wait to see who she ends up with.  Love MV, it is so sunny there; I agree about the sunglasses! 

When my son gripes to me about cheating with the motherlode, I just tell him that my sims either won a lottery or had a relative die and leave some money. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
Thanks for your nice comments, judewright and Janna. It's so encouraging that people are reading this.

Chapter 2: Love Is In The Air

Late to bed, early to rise - as the old saying goes, or does it... After the party I did not get nearly enough sleep. Of the few hours I had before the carpool came, I spent a large part tossing and turning and pondering what to do with Giacomo, Carlo, Jayden and the lot. I finally reached a decision.

But before I could put my plans into action I had work to do. This is Doctor Simano's Sanatorium where I work. In the lab, to be precise. Isn't it a handsome building!

During my break I had time to call Giacomo and arrange a date. I wanted to give him one more chance and let him answer the vicious rumours of him being a criminal. We were to meet at the Al Fresco Street Market at five o'clock. When I got there I ran into Jayden James. He had just taken a job as the consignment clerk. Apparently he had decided to make his holiday in Monte Vista a permanent one. (Watcher's note: I added both the consignment and elixir reisters to the Al Fresco Street Market.)

While I was chatting with Jayden, I got a call from Giacomo. He cancelled our date without any explanation, only a brief "something just came up." OMG, I was so angry! I could not believe he treated me this poorly. So, to give him a piece of my mind I went ahead and sent him an insulting text. And then, out of an impulse, I sent a secret admirer text to someone else. OH MY GOD, I can't believe that I did something so bold and flirty!

But I still needed to find out the truth about Giacomo. I knew I could not rest until I had the answer.  So I found myself behind Giacomo's front door in the middle of the night. When I rang the bell, to my surprise, Giacomo opened the door almost instantly still dressed in his formal wear. Where had he been, and with whom?

But the most pressing question in my mind was how did Giacomo make his living. And Giacomo gave me an honest answer: he works as a Safecracker and so is indeed a criminal. He is a kleptomaniac and therefore loves to steal random things around town. And when he met me, he decided to steal my heart, too.  Even if I did not like what I heard, I got to hand it to him, he's an honest thief.

But I knew that I could not live with a criminal, no matter how honest and charming he is. So I broke up with him immediately. Whoa, did Giacomo get mad! He shouted at me and showed me the door. I was really shaken, but also glad that I found out the truth before I committed myself to him.

But there was someone else, whom I wanted to commit myself to. Someone strong and reliable and honest. Sure, I had known him just for a couple of days, but I was certain I could trust Carlo Mancini. So I paid him a visit the next day.

"Oh Carlo, you are a masterpiece!"
"Mi amor Florence, you are molto fotogenica!"

Lot's of autonomous romantic interactions followed.

And then we shared our first kiss, and second, and third. And then I lost count.

Out of breath, I asked Carlo to go steady.

Carlo looked deep into my eyes and said"Si!"

Then passione took over.

Afterwards I realized I had found a way to make the Monte Vistans take off their precious sunglasses. :)

Carlo is quite a hunk!

(Watcher's note: To me, both Florence and Carlo are really boring looking. I like sims with character. Most simmers find my favourites ugly: the Bunches from Sunset Valley, Amy Bull, the Baylesses and the Couriouses from Twinbrook, Louis Swete from Hidden Springs etc. So you can understand that I find the sims in Monte Vista very bland.)

When I woke up the next morning, I found Carlo in the kitchen busy preparing waffles for breakfast. "What's wrong with this fresh looking autumn salad", I wondered and grabbed a plate, because I was starving after our nightly escapades.

It turns out that there probably was something wrong with the salad after all, since a bit later I found myself throwing up violently in the bathroom. Luckily I felt better afterwards and was able to go to work.

I had agreed to meet Carlo after work at the Mucho Espresso Cafe near the Sanatorium. I was so tired that I fell asleep on a bench while I waited for my boyfriend. A text message beeb woke me up. Carlo still had not turned up. There was only this older gentleman reading his text message.

"Ciao, mi amor! Unfortunately something urgent just came up at work and I am needed there. " said the old man in Carlo's voice as he ran away. OMG, it WAS Carlo who had had his elder birthday while I was at work. And once again I was stood up on a date! But this time I was not angry at all, just happy: Carlo was so responsible and took his job seriously!

I went home to catch some well needed sleep. But after just a couple of hours I was awaken by a peculiar feeling. I got up and heard a strange melody. I knew what it meant - I did not need a lab test to tell me that I was pregnant.

Next morning I rushed out to tell Carlo that he was going to be a father. In my haste I probably forgot to brush my teeth in the morning.

I proposed to Carlo and asked him to move in with me straight away. He answered "Si" to both of my questions.

After moving in, Carlo spent some time in front of the mirror. And hey presto, he looks almost like he did the first time I saw him.

(Carlo's traits:  Loves the Outdoors, Evil, Artistic, Charismatic and Green Thumb, Favourites: pop music, Fruit Parfait and the colour red)

That night there was once again an emergency at Carlo's work place and he had to rush off. He left me with a kiss and a soft smile, filling my heart with warmth. I don't know what time he came back home for I was fast a sleep dreaming sweet baby dreams.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
I can echo you on loving ugly/unique/odd sims, but I think that Florence has some unique charm of her own in her looks. Judging from your screenshots, since I don't have Monte Vista. :P

Anyways, your screenshots are really lovely, and I like your writing too. Keep up the good work!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 2 is up!)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »
Oh, thanks Trip! You can't imagine how happy it makes a non-English speaker to hear that you even like my writing  :). In the future I will mix 1st person narrative with commentary style. And if the screenshots are nice it's thanks to the lovely lighting in Monte Vista. I think it is somehow softer than in many other neighbourhoods.

And you are right about Florence, she is not as bland as many other townies in MV. She has nice full lips, which I hope will be passed on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 2 is up!)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
Chapter 3: I Got You Babe

Oh, the day I have waited for all my life is finally here: My Wedding Day! Carlo and I said our vows in front of a bunch of our friends and one relative, my future brother-in-law Camillo.

Carlo looks stunning in his red tux. I regret that my attire is a bit lacking, since my growing belly did not fit into a proper wedding dress.

The wedding cake is so lovely and delicious...

... but it causes me some serious stomach cramps. As the pains get worse, I realize that the baby is coming.

This is the moment that Carlo once again announces that he is needed at work. When I protest, he suggests that I ask Camillo for help.

I try to summon Camillo but he is so immersed in his reading that he does not see or hear anything else.

So I decide to go to the hospital alone, but only get to our front yard before my babies are born. Apparently I cried out so loud towards the end of my labour, that it dragged even Camillo from his book. Oh, you read it right it's twins: Fiorella and Floriano. They are so lovely and perfect!

I spend the wedding night all alone in my bed. The party and child birth have really wore me out, so it is quite late when I wake up the next morning. To my astonishment, I find that Carlo has not slept in his bed at all. His This makes me a bit worried since he usually does not stay away all night.

The day goes by so quickly and I learn that taking care of two infants is hard work. But also very rewarding! I cannot even find the time to dress up but wander around in my pajamas with my hair in a mess.*)!  It is quite late in the afternoon, when Carlo finally comes home all sweaty and smelling. He really must have worked hard.

*) Watcher's note: this really happened to me with my first born during our first day at home.

I tell him how much I have worried for him and ask where he has been all night.

"Mi amor, Florence, no need to bother your pretty head with my work." says Carlo and adds a simple: " Ti amo!"

Then he sweeps me in his strong, loving arms and carries me upstairs.

There we have our belated wedding night.

What Carlo did not tell Florence was, that he got arrested at work.

He made a run for it and tried to escape, but the police officer caught him and locked him in a cell after taking his high school diploma. They did not want Carlo to try and escape again using the diploma as a weapon.

Our belated wedding night seems to have some repercussions.

The time flies by so fast and before I notice, it's Fiorella and Floriano's birthday.

Fiorella is an absent-minded loner. She loves dark wave music, cheesesteak and hot pink.

Floriano hates the outdoors and is light sleeper, which may be a bit problematic, since the house will be quite full soon. His favourites are country music, peanut butter and jelly and he shares his sister's favourite colour hot pink.

The household is so fertile that we even have baby chicks. :)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 3/28.07.2013))
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:31 AM »
Chapter 4: All Mama's Children

In the previous chapter Fiorella and Floriano grew into toddlers. Florence likes to dress them identically which is easy because of their shared favourite colour.

And there's one more on the way...

... or make it two: meet Guiditta and Guido!

Mwhahahaaa - a girl!

Mwahahahaa - and another!

Carlo is all the time doing his evil cackle. I love his deep, resounding laughter.

The twins are learning new skills.

But their mother is displaying definite signs of stress:
"Mama needs to get some me-time to relax!"
"Mama"

"Bottle, potty, nappy, bottle, potty, nappy...."

Mwahahaaa.... My son can use the potty!

Carlo has a good reason to laugh: he is advancing on his career and become a bank robber. And his wife is still blissfully unaware of her husband's dealings.

The second set of twins have their birthday:

Guido is a slob and heavy sleeper. Favourites: Egyptian music, porcini risotto and Irish green.

Guiditta is insane and disciplined - a future dictator maybe. Favourites: Indie music, vegetarian grilled salmon, turquoise.

"Always remember to brush your teeth in the morning! You never know when you get to kiss someone."

Oh, did I forget to tell you that Florence was pregnant again.

Well, she is not anymore. This is Fulvio. Only one this time around.

"Mwahahaa to my new baby!"

Carlo wants to solidify his image as a hardened criminal so he got a bunch of tattoos (and I wanted him to live a little longer).

"Mwahaha, I'm 70 again!"

"Yay, ha ha!"

"And I became an adult!"

At the start of the game Florence has five days to becoming an adult. In my game she had her birthday during week three thanks to three pregnancies and a couple of life fruit.

Even the gnomes are procreating!

Quadruple skilling.

And one more screenshot of the toddlers: from the left Guido, Floriano, Guiditta and Fiorella. At this point I think Floriano seems to be a Carlo clone, but of the rest I can't tell which of the parents they take after.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 4/30.07.2013))
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
Two sets of twins, she has my sympathy.  But my grandmother has her beat.  She had three sets of twins. 

I think it is so funny that she didn't want anything to do with Giacoma because he is a criminal yet she marries one. 

Wonder what she will do when she finds out. 

Wonder what she will do if one of the babies rolls the klepto trait.

Enjoying the story.  Your start with criminals gave me an idea of my own for another project story.  It will be ready in a couple of days to post.   

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »
Thanks, Janna! I'm glad you like my story. Looking forward to what you have in store with your project story.

Carlo was really the only guy Florence seemed interested in. When they were together they did these autonomous romantic interactions and when they were apart, Florence wanted to talk to him, go on a date with him etc. So I had to get them together. And it was a nice twist for the story.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
Chapter 5: If You're Happy and You Know it

We left the Taylor family with four toddlers and one baby in the latest chapter.

But soon the two eldest, Floriano and Fiorella, grew into children. Floriano's new trait is over-emotional (other traits: light sleeper, hates the outdoors) and Fiorella became mean spirited (other traits: absent-minded, loner).

"Ciao a tutti! It's me, Floriano Taylor. Now that I can write, I want to tell you all about our life here in Monte Vista.

My family has a little farm. Mom takes care of her plants, apples, lemons and grapes, and the like. It takes up almost all her time, so Fiorella and I must look after our chicken. We feed the chicks and harvest the eggs. You have to be very careful that you don't break any. And now that we have some baby chicken, we get to play with them. They are sooo soft and cute. I could almost cry, when I hold them and they peep to me.

Going to school for the first time was a bit scary. I was so nervous that I cried a bit against my pillow. But don't tell Fiorella - she would just tease me and call me stupid. Fiorella always calls everybody stupid.

She even calls the radio stupid, when they don't play the music she likes.

Wonder if she has ever called her friend Laurel Monty stupid? No, I don't think so, or they would not be friends, would they? They became friends already during our first day at school and Fiorella often goes to play with Laurel after school.

I have also made a friend at school, Hannah Rossi. So school was not so bad as I thought. Learning things like reading and writing is nice, too, but I like playing with my classmates the best. And Hannah is my bestest friend. She often comes home with me after school.

Hannah sometimes points and makes fun of me, I don't know why. That is so rude! I almost cried when she first did that. But other than that, I really like Hannah. We have promised to be friends forever. Even when we are old, like fifteen or something. So she is my bestest, bestest friend.

Mom made us wear our Sunday clothes when we had a party and a lot of guests.

It was Fulvio's birthday. I saw mom wipe a tear when she carried Fulvio to the cake. But birthdays are fun, so I asked mom, why she was crying. She said, she was not crying. She was just a bit blue, now that her last baby grows up. I don't understand: she is not blue, just pink, like we all are.

Mom took a photo of Fulvio and dad hung it on our living room wall.

(Fulvio is excitable and clumsy and his favourites are Latin music, spaghetti and spice brown.)

Mom invited the Rossis to the party, so Hannah came, too. That was nice. Hannah likes cake. She took a big slice. But when she saw the slice Pepe Moretti had on his plate, her big eyes almost popped out. Hannah has these really big eyes. Once Fiorella said she is bug-eyed. That was so rude, that I almost cried. I like Hannah's eyes.

But Hannah did not like that Pepe had more cake than her. She started shouting: "Why did Signor Moretti get a bigger cake slice that me! I want more!" I don't know how she can eat so much cake. She's still so little. I guess that she really, really likes cake.

On Sunday dad took us to the beach. He laughed and said he better take mom out, because she is stir crazy. I don't know what that means. But mom is not crazy, she is nice.

Giuditta had to stay home because she had been ill. I could tell that she did not like the babysitter. She looked scared when he played with her.

When we got to the beach, Fiorella ran straight to the toilets. Mom thought she needed to pee, but Fiorella later told me the truth. She booby-trapped the sink! She does that all the time. I don't know why she does that, it's mean to play pranks on others.

Mom taught Fulvio to walk, while Guido played in the sand.

Dad swam in the sea. A shark came really close to him, but dad was not afraid at all. Dad is brave, nothing scares him. Fathers are like that. And my dad it the bravest!

I played with Fiorella. We built sand castles, played tag and swam together. It was fun! But then Fiorella splashed water in my eyes. It burned and my eyes became all red. And Fiorella teased me for crying. But I was not crying! Really! The salt water just made my eyes hurt.

I did not want to play with Fiorella anymore. So I sat all on my own and did my homework. Mom said I was such a conscientious pupil and called me her good boy! While I was studying, Fiorella ran again to the toilet.

I know she booby-trapped even the other sink! I don't think mom would like that at all.

But I want to be mama's good boy. I want to help her, because she has so much work with three toddlers and her garden. So I clean the potty and the toilet all on my own and she (nor the watcher) does not even have tell me to do that. (Watcher's note: I'm sure Floriano has hidden neat trait.)

But once Fiorella had rigged our toilet so it exploded on my face and clothes. Why does she have to pull her pranks all the time!

I was all wet after that. But I was hungry and wanted to make a muffin for myself at once. I like muffins! Vanilla muffins are my favourites. The kitchen floor was all wet, but I mopped it clean and mom and dad did not notice anything.

I play alone a lot. My little brothers don't know how to play yet and Fiorella just mocks me and ruins everything. Sometimes I am the king of Dragon Valley, sometimes an astronaut who flies to Lunar Lakes. And when I take the bath, I am the captain of a submarine who fights the Kraken. Mom says I have quite the imagination!

Now mom says it's time to go to bed. So, good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 5/02.08.2013))
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
Awwww, he is so sweet.  I am enjoying the story learning more about the other kids. I will keep looking for an update.  Stir crazy, know that feeling. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 5/02.08.2013))
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 01:05:59 AM »
Thanks and an update you will get, Janna. :)

Chapter 6: O-bla-di, o-bla-da, life goes on, brah!

Carlo had barely made it home from his nocturnal pursuits...

... when this acrobat shows up at the Taylor's doorstep. Wonder what makes her think it is a good place to earn tips, since the house is located in a lonely place with no immediate neighbours around. Well, she did not earn any tips from the Taylors.

Florence uses a bowl for digging around in her garden. It's more spacious than a trowel, so I kind of understand her using it...

... but when she uses the same bowl as a spoon - yuck!

Still the same bowl stuck in her hand, she goes out and starts to cook.

"Hmm, still not ready to eat. The chicken is still moving..."

I attribute this strange behaviour to the mid-life crisis she is having. Being middle-aged does not suit our poor Florence.

Fiorella and Florian seem to get along for a change.

Guido and Giuditta have grown into children:
Guido gained the athletic trait in addition to being a slob and a heavy sleeper.
Giuditta is lucky now as well as insane and disciplined.

Did not remember that slobs can lick the plates clean, yuck!

Lots of birthdays in this family when the kids were born so close to each other. Now it's time for Fiorella and Floriano to grow up.

Florence and Carlo's genes seem to mix well! Fiorella has Carlo's eyes, but the rest seems to come from Florence, while Floriano is almost a clone of his daddy apart from the eyebrows. Wonder where those came from!

Fiorella gained the heavy sleeper trait (she already is absent-minded, loner and mean spirited)

Floriano became a loser to complement his other traits: hates the outdoors, light sleeper and over-emotional. Some "wonderful" traits these two have!

And the last born - Fulvio - becomes a child and a slob. He already is excitable and clumsy.

For once, daddy is at home in the evening to read a bedtime story to Fulvio.

It's time for a little holiday in Champ Les Sims!

Fiorella and Floriano are left at home to take care of little Fulvio, while the two middle children get to travel with mommy and daddy. Our insane little girl traveled in her jammies and her mother never goes anywhere without her precious gardening gloves!

The purpose of this holiday is to learn nectar making and buy the equipment, so Florence can start her own nectary in Monte Vista.

While mommy is busy learning her new skill and daddy exploring, Giuditta and Guido make new friends. They become besties with Henri and Eveline Fouchier.

Upon arriving back home the taxi driver fails to break in time and crashes straight through the gate. I mentioned in the first chapter that the Monte Vistans are reckless drivers. This is what I meant cause THIS happens all the time!

Floriano learns nectar making...

... and helps mother stomping grapes in their nectar cellar they built under the garden shed.

By the way, this is the only remodeling I have done to the house apart from adding the kid's bedroom above the living room, which originally had a raised ceiling. So the house looks the same from the outside it does when you start the game. It's a bit cramped for seven sims, but it makes it easy to keep track of what they are up to.

Carlo adds some more ink to his body...

... and is so rejuvenated that he finally gains a promotion to cat burglar. And Florence still has not caught what is going on.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 6/04.08.2013))
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 02:13:56 AM »
There is going to come a time when that cat is let out of the bag and I can't wait to see the fur flying then. 

I really do like her, she has such a sweet nature, and the kids are so cute.  I have an insane child for the first time and it is something to play one.  Very interesting. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 12:16:19 AM »
Insane is actually good. Makes playing fun when you see all their crazy antics like talking to self.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »
Chapter 7: Sweet Little Sixteen

"Ciao a tutti! Fiorella here. It's high time that you get to hear my voice. I can imagine what awful things mio caro brother has told you about me.

Floriano keeps dragging people home from school. He tries so hard to be nice and popular, I don't understand. Well, this time this creep, Goopy GilsGarbo, insisted on sitting beside me!  I tried my best not to notice him, though I caught him throwing glances at my way.

I have to admit though, he looks kinda nice, in a sad, nerdy way, if you happen to like the type. But he's a creep.

(Watcher's note: I do like the type! I think I would very much like to have Goopy's interesting genes in the family.)

And I certainly made my opinion clear to him, when he tried to curry favour with me by offering to help me with my homework. As if I needed any help - I'm doing quite fine at school on my own.

"Who, me! No, I did not do anything!" Why does everybody, even the Watcher, accuse me of every little thing in this household!

"Bla, bla, bla! Shut up you stupid chicken!" Charles the Evil Chicken is really, really annoying!

And so is mom. And she's so petty, too. Like that time I half jokingly told her she looks like a llama, while she in fact looks a bit like a horse.

Boy, did she completely lose it! I have never seen her so angry in my life.

And then she made me help her in the garden "to make up for my bad behaviour", as she said. Yeah, she really is petty and so unfair! Making me sweat and get my hands dirty like that was way too hard a punishment for such a little thing, don't you think!

I was so mad that I had to get out of the house as soon as possible. So I went to Port-A-Party Warehouse to shoot some pool. I stayed out late, way past curfew, and had fun...

... while my good brother was doing homework with Beppe Bianchi in the library...

... and guess who got in trouble?! Hah, that is so right for him, that goody two shoes brother of mine!

It's time for another birthday. My parents seem so keen on celebrating them every single time, I don't understand! And they had to invite that strange Goopy-guy, of course, surely just to annoy me! Marta Almeria also came...

....and that bug-eyed Hannah Rossi. Floriano seems to have a bit of a crush on her, that's so gross. I don't know what he sees in her. OMG those eyes. And that nose! I can't even find the words to describe that beak of hers.

Beppe Bianchi and Goopy were buzzing around me like some kind of bees around a flower. I'm not a flower and I don't like bees and I told them so. Beppe acted all jealous and suspicious towards Goopy, like they had some kind of a competition going on. Well, you can keep on competing - this donna is not interested!

(Watcher's note: Beppe is my other option for Fiorella, because of his fabulous name, if things don't work out with Goopy.)

"Goopy, why are you always bringing us these invisible plates of food?" He's totally bonkers, I tell you, on top of it all!

(Watcher's note: I seem to have a glitch in my game and all the party guests come with invisible food. Their hands are stuck like they are holding a plate.)

Goopy is not the only crazy person in his family. His father Eduardo is a blood-thirsty werewolf!

"Mmmm, what is Carlo holding there?"

"Delicious!" Signor GilsGarbo seemed really hungry. No wonder, if they only serve invisible food in his household.

Mio idiot fratello was hungry, too, but luckily for him we had two cakes ready.

Ha, ha, haa... Guido grew into a mullet!!! He did seem quite embarrassed by his new look. But boy, am I going to have fun at his expense! A mullet, can you imagine!

And Giuditta also grew into a bad hair. How perfect! I still am the only cool person in this stupid family!

Goopy was very, very late for the celebration. That sucker was cheering and blowing the party horn and all at two empty plates. Well, if he brings invisible food it makes sense... I bet he likes invisible drinks, too. What a loser!

Well, now that you have caught a glimpse of my stupid family and the crazy townies, you can understand, why I prefer my own company. It is so hard to be the only cool person around. This is Fiorella Taylor, signing off!"

Here's a close-up of the new teens. Both Giuditta and Guido were so embarrassed by their hair, that they immediately went and had a makeover. Guido just covered his mullet with a cap - you'll see his mullet when he takes it off.

Giuditta: Insane, disciplined, lucky + Grumpy
Guido: Slob, heavy sleeper, athletic + Unlucky

"Daddy! I think there's a hairy monster behind me trying to grab and take me away."

"No, son, it's just your imagination"

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 7/05.08.2013))
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 12:35:13 AM »
Chapter 8: Ballroom Blitz

Ciao! Giuditta here searching her brain to find something to tell you about her mundane life.

"I tell you, my little brother Fulvio is a bit crazy. He wears a crown and a cape and pretends he is a king presiding over the royal court. Can you get any crazier than that!?

I feel that no one in Monte Vista really understands me. So I invited over my best friend from Champ Les Sims. Henri Fouchier was still a child, but I had bought a remedy for that from the elixir store.

I tell you the taxi drivers here in Monte Vista are so crazy: Henri's life almost came to an premature end, when a taxi once again crashed to our front yard, like BAM. But he is a cancer and we got on really well and I asked him to be my date to the prom and he said yes. Cool!

I tell you Charles The Evil Chicken is crazy. Henry tried to have a perfectly nice conversation with him.

But Charles attacked him and Henri was badly beaten.

But I am not intimidated by him!

Bam, bang, boff! Charles the Crazy Chicken is getting what he asked for!

See, who's the boss around here!

Don't you dare to show your ugly face to me! Nobody messes with THIS chick. I'm so much tougher than any of you feathered chicken in there.

I'm going to wring you neck if you mess with me! Oops, it's my own neck...Guess I got a bit carried away... ahem, let me tell you about our prom.

Hannah Rossi had asked Floriano to be her date for the prom. Henri will be my date. Imagine him flying all the way from Champs Les Sims to be at the ball.

I don't understand all the fuss about prom dresses and such.

The others however had dressed up for the occasion.

We rode to the prom in this fancy, white limo sans Hannah and Guido. Hannah is a bit crazy: first she arrives in a limo but then somehow does not get back in. Guido rode to the dance on his bike. Crazy dude, I would never use my bike when I can drive in a limo. That was so rad!

Well, Hannah managed to get to the school eventually. Floriano told me later that she asked him if he wanted to go steady. Apparently he did, since they shared their first kiss and were inseparable the whole night. Some said they were the cutest couple at the dance!

Also Fiorella and Jeremie Costa were clued together during the dance and were hitting it off. But someone wore the same dress as Fiorella. Ha, ha, just goes to show there's no point in dressing up!

Guido has a crush on Monica Mojica*), but she showed up with another guy. She also denied him for a dance so he danced all by himself rest of the evening. Well, not quite the whole evening, cause his dorky chicken dance impressed Laurel Monty (in the pic above) and she started to do it too! This duo were also definitely hitting it off.

Lots of hitting during the dance, don't you think! But that's not all. I did my own kind of hitting, too. Bam, bang, boff! Well let me tell you: Someone, foolishly enough, challenged me to a dance battle and of course I won! My challenger was not happy. A fight broke out and of course I won again! Sore losers never prosper! After this, my date Henri decided washing his hair was more fun than hanging out with me. Argh, I was so furious. What's more fun than a good fight!? Without a date, I started checking out this cute guy, but it turned out that he was someone else's date. Another fight broke out right on the dance floor.  Bam, bang, boff! Oh, I had such a good  time at the prom!

*) Watcher's note: there really is a girl with that name. If she was not a dull game generated townie, I would marry her into the family just for her amazing name.

After the dance, Guido went home by his precious bike...

... while the rest of us rode comfortably in taxis. And my cabby crashed through our gate, like BANG, KA-BOOM!  Awesome!

Our mementos from the prom: Floriano was elected the prom king. Right on! And guess who became the prom queen - our freaking Fiorella! I was like WHAT! For reals? Can you imagine our mean Fiorella whose slogan was "Rather Fiorella than Salmonella!" being a prom queen! I don't know, I might rather take salmonella. Maybe they're all afraid of her and her sharp tongue.

Next day Jeremie Costa came home with us. I wondered why he sat with me. After all, he is Fiorella's bf.

Turns out that finicky Fiorella had changed her mind about Jeremie overnight. She was disgusted by Jeremie's looks. Apparently he is too bland and boring, like a game-created townie - which he is not - so my sweet big sister had decided to break up with him.

I can tell you Jeremie was not happy Fiorella's nasty comments on his looks. He said it was the last time he took the bus with us, and Fiorella said she could not be more pleased and so they actually broke up. Must be the shortest love story in sim history!

It made me really miss Henry.

Yuck, better end this chapter before I get too sappy. Ciao, see ya!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 8/07.08.2013))
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
Chapter 9: Smooth Criminal

It was a dark and stormy night when a shadow crossed the yard and silently slipped through the front door. After surveying briefly the room, the intruder tiptoed straight to the kitchen nook. A brown gunny sack appeared into his hands out of nowhere, and with an expert move the coffee maker was placed into the sack.

"Hold on a second! What do you think you are doing?", a gruff voice called behind the intruder, "My, my, my, who do we have here? If my old, weary eyes are not deceiving, it's no other than Giacomo Modena!"

Carlo and Giacomo charged at each other and fists were flying. And then Giacomo was flying through a puff of smoke.

He landed hard on the stone floor and rolled right into a wall. Giacomo let out a groan as his body sprawled out on the cool stone.

"Get out of my home", Carlo growled "And never show your ugly face this side of the river!"

Giacomo got up as fast as he could and vanished into the night - with the coffee maker.

The next day Carlo headed to the centro and found his way to 14 Regalia Court where he knew Giacomo was living now with Erika Lin.

"Never step into my house again!" Carlo shouted with a threat in his voice.

"You and your precious house! You pretend to be so high and mighty, when you are nothing more than a liar who steals other sim's girlfriends!", hissed Giacomo.

"Ha, so that's what this is all about! You are jealous of Florence choosing me over you. And so you decide to steal my coffee maker in revenge, huh?"

"Why do you have to have everything. First Florence and then the deluxe super duper extra special coffee maker!? That's not fair!" whined Giacomo.

"I'll show you what is fair!" Carlo bellowed and threw a fast uppercut on his foe. Once again a fight broke out. Dust was flying and punches were not spared.

When the dust cloud faded, Carlo once again stood victorious over his younger adversary with a vicious grimace on his face.

"Now for the last time: leave my home and family alone! If I see just a glimpse of you near them, I swear you'll never live to see another day!"

With these parting words, Carlo turned around and briskly walked away from his bruised enemy.

"Oh shoot, I forgot the coffee maker!"

Will Giacomo do as Carlo demanded and leave the Taylor's alone? Will Florence find out what happened? Will Carlo get his coffee maker back? Will Monte Vista ever be as idyllic and peaceful as it was before?

Well, I have no idea! :)

But the life in the Taylor household went on as if the coffee maker had never gone missing. The kids were doing well at school.

Fiorella never got in trouble with Carlo, though she should with all the pranks she does, but her good brother still did. I don't remember what Floriano had done this time.

But after he autonomously mopped the puddles and...

... helped his brother with home work ...

... father kindly let him off the hook. Is it even possible to look more apologetic and pitiful than Floriano here?

Florence was happy tending her garden and turning the fruit of her labour into delicious nectar varieties. Carlo happily listened Florence's endless stories of her successes in trying out new fertilizers whenever he did not have any "emergencies at work" to attend to.

And the neglected son, Fulvio, grew up without a party or even a birthday cake.

At least his parents were there to cheer for him.

Fulvio is an excitable and clumsy slob with Commitment Issues. Such a lovely personality! And on the looks department, I think he is the male copy of Florence.

When Fulvio became a teen, Florence fulfilled her LTW: surrounded by family.

Carlo was promoted to a Master Thief and thus also fulfilled his LTW. That night he once again tried to sneak back home from work without waking his family. But Fiorella had not been able to sleep. She was looking for something to read and when she saw Carlo come home, she immediately confronted him with questions about his strange outfit and his late arrival.

So Carlo let Fiorella in on his secret and told her all about his job and becoming a Master Thief.

Fiorella was really impressed. She looked up on her father with admiration in her eyes and declared:  "I'm gonna be like you dad. You know I'm gonna be like you" *)

And Florence was happily fertilizing her garden in her sleep, when Carlo finally settled down to sleep beside her.

Mwahahahaa!

*) When Carlo was promoted, four of the Taylor kids got wishes of being criminals. Only Floriano rolled the wish to become International Super Spy. Floriano definitely has both neat and good traits hidden somewhere! And, although I had decided not to choose the LTWs until the kids grow up to young adults, I could not resist, and now Floriano wants to become International Super Spy, while Fiorella wishes to be Emperor of Evil (did not want to repeat Carlo's LTW). It was just too perfect.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 10/10.08.2013))
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »
Chapter 10: Smells Like Teen Spirit

Did not show Fulvio's makeover in the previous chapter, so here it is. Fulvio is clumsy, slob and has commitment issues, so I gave him a bit of a messy look. I was going to dismiss him from the heir-race, but I like his new look so much, that he's still in the competition.

Quite fittingly to his slack nature, he somehow missed the school bus on his first day of high school.

Dad did not like that at all. Carlo is quite a strict parent - at least with his sons.

But he seems to have a soft spot for Fiorella, since she never gets any trouble from dad, no matter what she does. And she is pulling pranks all the time.

Fiorella did trap this one, too, because she got the moodlet for a successful prank.

After Fulvio grew up Florence and Carlo were offered a free vacation. I thought they needed a reward for fulfilling their respective LTWs and accepted the offer.

As the parent's cab pulls away, Carlo gets a visitor he has long been waiting for. Well, maybe for a bit too long, since Eveline Fouchier is young adult now. (Before she arrived, her thumbnail still showed her as a child.)

"OMG, you're so big already. And here I was thinking of romancing you and giving you flowers!"

Guido and Fulvio swarmed around Eveline like bees around honey. I swear, they did not leave her alone and took turns in talking to her.

You can't blame them though, Eveline is such a beauty! But Guido, I don't think you can impress her by licking the plate.

But somehow making silly faces seemed to work pretty well.

A bit later the eldest brother joined in on the fun. Was he intimidated by the foreign beauty or what, but Floriano always addressed Eveline from behind her back.

With parents away on a vacation, the kids naturally rolled wants to throw a teen party. So they invited over all the other teens in the town, which means three girls.

The dress code was swimwear. I'm sure the boys had expected to see more skin, but the girls wore very modest bathing suits.

The party got off to a great start... (Fulvio dances here with Monica Mojica. I love her name, but not the face though.)

... but came to an abrupt end after only an hour or two. Fulvio broke off the party, when he heard that the neighbours had complained about the loud noise they were making. The guests left so fast that when the police car showed up, the cop did not even bother to come into the house since everything was so peaceful.

The noise level must have been really high, since the Taylors have no immediate neighbours: T marks the Taylor house and the arrow points at the nearest inhabited house.

After the party the conscientious host autonomously cleaned up the mess they had made. Even the nectar cellar had puddles, though I don't know how that was possible, since nobody went near the place.

I mentioned earlier that there are only three other teens in town besides the Taylor bunch. Hannah Rossi is not one of them. Although she is a young adult now, Floriano still wants to keep up their relationship and invites her out to the performance park.

I briefly turned my focus to the home lot and when I come back, I see this. Aren't they cute reading together!

To my surprise, Floriano had the romantic interactions menu towards Hannah. The only option there was to take a romantic photo with her. And lo and behold, their outing turned to a real date!

I also noticed that Floriano could ask Hannah to teach him to drive.

Hannah does not look too comfortable there.
"Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel, please!"

While Floriano was out with Hannah, his brothers had fun telling ghost stories and pillow fighting.

And Giuditta was fighting, too. I swear she does this as soon as I leave her on free will.

And after two day's absence, the parents return home. They are relieved to see, that their teens did so well when left to their own devices.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 10/10.08.2013))
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
Chapter 11: Spread Your Wings

The Taylor kids are all teens at the same time and mother Florence wanted to take a picture of them all together.

I must say they make a nice bunch of teens with a nice mix of their parents' genetics but with their own distinct looks: Floriano looks mostly like Carlo while Fulvio takes after Florence. The other three have inherited features from both of their parents. The watcher is indeed very pleased with this generation!

Way to go and ruin a nice photo, Giuditta!

A triple birthday:

1. Fiorella

2. Floriano, who seems to be ogling Monica Mojica's assets.

3. Florence. And Guido is completely exhausted from all the celebrating and passes out...

... but the older generation is made of harder stuff and Camillo Mancini still keeps on going!

Fiorella becomes supernatural skeptic on top her previous traits: absent-minded, loner, mean spirited and heavy sleeper. Floriano's new trait is excitable, the old one's hates the outdoors, light sleeper, over-emotional and loser.

Florence's elder look

Fiorella's old fling, Jeremie Costa, makes advances at her, but she'll have nothing to do with him. Ewww!

it's graduation time!. The whole family crams into dad's Yomoshoto. Carlo is so excited that he backs the car through the gate.

But they make it to the City Hall unscratched.

Floriano was voted Most likely to Motive Fail. And with that "The future is bright for this young graduate!" :)

Fiorella was voted Most Likely to Never Leave the House. And despite her being mean-spirited (or maybe thanks to the trait) she also was the class Valedictorian.

Young adulthood brings many new responsibilities. The first big step in a young sim's life is to decide what you want to become and get a job. Floriano enrolls in the police force at the Civic Center, while his sister chooses the life of crime and heads to the Good Guys Inc.

The other responsibility is to find a spouse. Despite her initial dislike to Goopy GilsGarbo, Fiorella had gradually started to appreciate Goopy's good and friendly nature. In a way, his traits seem to complement hers. And as time went by and they got to know each other better, they had become best friends. Now it was time to take their relationship to a new level.

Fiorella suggested they'd start to go steady.

Goopy responded with a bouquet of lovely, white roses.

And they sealed their relationship with a first kiss.

Floriano's choice is far more obvious. Hannah Rossi had been his best friends from grade school and they had dated ever since their prom.

Hannah has become the consignment store clerk and is at work nearly all the time. So Floriano spends most of his free time at the consignment store.

They do not let the customers bother them, but display their feelings quite openly.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 11/12.08.2013))
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »
You have an adorable family.  I haven't announced yet what town I am going to, but I will state that out of the seven towns, MV is one that I have seeded and I chose your couple for one of the two families to seed, hope the Taylor family I seeded end up as good looking as your family has. 
I wonder what dad thinks of Floriano become a cop.  I'd love to read what his reaction was to that announcement. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 11:49:49 PM »
Thanks for reading, Janna. :)

Well, so far nobody but Fiorella knows of Carlo being a criminal. So he can't say anything about Floriano's choice of a career without risking to be revealed as the Master Thief of the town. And Fiorella definitely does not want anyone, especially her brother, to find out about her job. So the conflicting choices won't be addressed at all at this point.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »
Chapter 12: From This Moment On

We arrive to the Taylor household at a very awkward moment. Giuditta - stepping out of shower fully dressed - kindly pretends she does not notice her father's little mishap.

Guido works out autonomously all the time.

While Giuditta talks to self all the time. It's her favourite activity.

Her second favourite is arguing and fighting with Charles.

And she even argues with her uncle Camillo during her birthday party.

Yep, time flies and it is time for the second set of twins to grow up.

Ta-daa! The same bad hair as when she last grew up. And the rest...

"Hey guys, don't laugh. This is what the game threw on me. I have nothing to do with it, honestly!" Seriously, Marta Almeria has nothing to say about Giuditta's look, considering her own most inappropriate formal wear.

You know it's bad when even your own mother is laughing at you!

"I wish the game does not give me the usual horrible clothing after I grow up."

Guido's wish is heard - definitely not as bad as Giuditta's look.

But they both get makeovers. Giuditta's new trait is eccentric (in addition to insane, disciplined, lucky and grumpy) and she wants to be a Paranormal Profiteer.

Guido's new trait is hates the outdoors (he's also slob, heavy sleeper, athletic and unlucky) and his LTW is to Become A Superstar Athlete.

During the party Floriano and Hannah had a little romantic rendezvous. And this obviously leads to...

"Hannah, my love! I remember our first day of school and meeting you. When I first saw you, I saw love.And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And after all this time, you're still the one I love."
(Guido cites the lyrics of You're Still the One by Shania Twain)

"So, will you let me still love you from this moment on - will you be my wife?"

"Oh my god, let me put my contact lens in place first."

"That's better. And of course I will!"

"Hmmm, do not let me interfere with what you are doing..."

"Hmmmm (humming), love is in the air."

The other two love birds also find a quiet nook, where Fiorella proposes to Goopy.

This couple has not been as obvious as Hannah and Floriano. But they have put their early resentment behind. Hopefully they can turn their opposing personalities (Giuditta loner and mean-spirited, Goopy friendly and good) into an advantage and become a strong unity.

But don't they make a striking couple! I imagine they both are very tall and stately. And our other couple: Floriano is definitely big and strong - he has always been muscular without a single workout - while Hannah is this tiny, bird-boned creature. 

I wish Sims 4 will add height sliders for our simmies!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Taylor Random Town Jump (Chapter 12: From This Moment On/18.08.2013))
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 03:01:58 AM »
Chapter 13: Photographs And Memories

Carlo is becoming a bit senile - he wants to help his adult son with the homework while still having the positive Proud Parent -moodlet from his graduation two days ago.

And with two sets of twins being born with just the minimum of three days in between, it's already time for another Proud Parent -moment for Carlo.

It's Giuditta and Guido's graduation. Guido almost missed the ceremony, when he once again insisted on coming by his bicycle. He must secretly be eco-friendly!

But he made it to the City Hall on time and graduated with the rest of his class. He was the class valedictorian and was voted Most likely to become a sports star. Ha, he already is on that career!

Giuditta is Most likely to offend others - no surprises there either considering how much she loves to fight.

While Floriano plans his upcoming wedding with his mother, Fiorella and Carlo have their own secrets and schemes to discuss.

With the whole family gathered they took this family portrait at City Hall.

"Whoa, sparkling hearts! What's that?"

It's a massively attractive burglar! Both Carlo - a criminal himself - and Floriano - a cop! - are too busy blowing hearts at her to do anything to stop her. Luckily Floriano's female colleague came and arrested the thief.

The burglar took one of the gnome tombstones, and our gentle, hopeless romantic Florence was desolate by the loss.

Then Fiorella went and scared almost the living daylights out of her. Poor Florence!

The Taylors have visitors from France:

Giuditta takes Henri Fouchier to the Worries and Woes Country Pub and proposes to him. Of course he says yes.

They take a lot of photographs to preserve the memories.

Guido gives Eveline a tour of the Coliseum, where he works and then he gives her the first kiss.

Afterwards he gets down on his knee and asks her to marry him. Hey, way to go and ruin my romantic picture, townie!

Let's have a closer look at this offender. No, he is not Floriano although he is almost a clone. He is a colleague of Guido and judging by his extremely unorthodox attire comes to work straight from a shower and riding a horse.

Sorry for the interruption. Anyway, Eveline accepts and they also capture the moment with Guido's smart phone. Can you tell that I love that interaction :) .

So much love in the air. It's contagious!

Fulvio has commitment issues.

(Watcher's note: Fulvio is the odd one out and sleeps alone downstairs in the kitchen-living area, while his siblings share a room with two bunk beds upstairs.)

Now that the older siblings are all engaged and preparing for marriage, Carlo wants Fulvio to follow suit and find a girlfriend to eventually take to the altar.

"But dad, there's a thing called free love.  I don't want to limit my love to just one person, I want to love anyone I choose. I think love exists to be shared freely. The more you share, the more you get, eh?! So why reserve your love for just one person?"

And appropriately, after turning young adult, Fulvio rolls the trait Great Kisser (to complete the set of Excitable, Clumsy, Slob and Commitment Issues) and lifetime wish Master Romancer! He certainly has the looks to go with the LTW: a classic Italian Casanova. It will be fun to play him, but he is definitely not heir material.

Awkward moments you'd rather forget: Carlo trying to flirt with his future daughter-in-law. Hannah rejected him. And Eduardo GilsGarbo presents a bouquet of precious pink flowers to Giuditta. Goopy wants to sink through the floor in embarrassment.

Florence has never found out what her husband's "urgent businesses" really are. Or is she as oblivious as she pretends? At least in her subconscious she knows the truth. She senses something is going to happen and she worries. And for a good reason, as it turns out...