Nawwaf Long ladybug53
3 (5.7%)
Mog Luz  MarianT
5 (9.4%)
Ulduz Grazog Vinyl
16 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: August 13, 2013, 06:39:58 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims  (Read 12224 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »

CAS Contests 2013:07 - Neanderthal Sims

The Subject:
The first Sims game came into being in the year 2000.  Have you ever wondered what Sims might have looked like in the distant past, back in pre-historical times?  Nobody knows for sure.  But modern Sims do resemble modern humans, so it's quite possible that ancient Sims might have resembled the first humans.  The Neanderthal species is believed to have existed as early as 600,000 years ago.  These ancient humans were much stronger than the average modern human and their brain size was at least as large as ours, possibly larger.  There are various theories as to why the Neanderthals became extinct, but no-one knows for sure what happened so very long ago.

Your Task:
Your task is to create a Neanderthal Sim, either male or female, Young Adult age or older.  As a model, you may use the above photo, reconstructed from a Neanderthal fossil by John Gurche (photo copied from Wikipedia) and any other available representations of Neanderthals.  You are the artist, recreating a long-extinct species of humans.  Or perhaps you see yourself as more the mad scientist, coaxing a dead species back to life.  Either way, your task is the same:  help us bring back Neanderthal Sims!

Screenshot Notes for this Contest:  The usual limit of ten screenshots applies.  You may choose to use fewer screenshots, if you wish.  Remember to include at least two close-ups of your Sim, as described in the rules.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 26th July - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 8th August - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and ratchie.

Thanks to ratchie for suggesting this contest idea!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims - Contest Open
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
Nawwaf Long
by ladybug53

Young Adult Male Human
Traits : Angler - Animal Lover - Athletic - Brave - Clumsy .
Lifetime Wish : Animal Rescuer .
Favorites : Grilled Salmon - Latin - Spice Brown .
Zodiac Sign : Cancer .

Expansions Used : World Adventure - Supernatural - Pets - Island Paradise .
Stuff Packs Used : None .

Biography : Nawwaf Long born in Neander Valley got an opportunity to travel through a Time Machine for a special experiment . He traveled to Sunset valley . He enrolled in this special program at the Science Center . This special program was designed for the study of the brain of a Neanderthal .  It was discovered by a modern day scientist that their brain was much larger than that of a modern world sim .

No CCs or Mods were used .

Link to Download : Nawwaf Long
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07-Neanderthal Sims-Contest Open
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
Derek Cowart
by GoslettM

They had trouble catching pesky rabbits — possibly a fatal flaw

Neanderthals were great at hunting mammoths. Rabbits? Not so much. That's the conclusion reached by John Fa, biologist at the United Kingdom's Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, who found that rabbit remains only started showing up in Europe 30,000 years ago — around the time Neanderthals started to disappear and our human ancestors started taking their place. The study points out that "as climate change or human hunting pressure whittled down populations of Iberian large animals such as woolly mammoths, rabbits would have become an increasingly important food resource," according to National Geographic.

For whatever reason, the theory goes, Neanderthals couldn't adjust.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:05:47 AM »
As I researched more information on Neanderthal man, I discovered what a wonderful creature he was.  Smarter than you would think, with language that formed some of the basis of what we have today, not just grunts, an appreciation of art, (those cave paintings were deliberate), probably some form of music, weaving, (not fabrics), and that in fact, they haven't entirely died out because WE carry their genetic make up within ourselves.  How?  Scientists debate whether or not they socialized and mated with the new comers but I believe they did, and so we have folks who look astonishingly a lot like artists depictions show.  Think of Chuck Norris and Arnold Swarzenegger!  So I went a little over board and created Oona, Beauty Queen of Neander Valley.

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
by Joria

Name:  Oona Larl,  Neaderthal Beauty Queen, human female

Traits:  Gatherer, Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Brave, Angler

LTW:  Perfect Aquarium

Loves:  steak, rock music and the color red

Sign:  Leo

EP:  Ambitions, World Adventures, Island Paradise  (not sure any others)

SP: None

Biography:

Oona was finally voted Beauty Queen of all Neanderthal Valley.  Imagine her delight to be recognized for the lovely woman she was.  Brave, strong, competent, and best of all, beautiful.  It seemed like it was all great for her when suddenly she disappeared from her home cave to find herself in a strange land and an even stranger time.  Will Oona survive or is she destined to become extinct?

NOTE:  In CAS Oona looked brawnier, rougher and chunkier, yet when I did the screenies she shows up as slender, ( I had her pretty chunky), and not as muscular as I set her, and much finer featured.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17238.0.html
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »
Sim Name:  Ulduz Grazog
Age/Gender:  Young Adult Female
Life State:  Human
Eyes:  Pale Violet
Hair: White
Traits:  Athletic, Loves to Swim, Loves the Outdoors, Perceptive, Technophobe
Lifetime Wish:  The Zoologist
Content:  All EPs
Favourites:  Roots, Frogs Legs, Grey
Biography:  Neanderthal Sims were long believed to be extinct, but they weren't dead - they were just hiding!  Deep underground where the sun doesn't reach Ulduz and her clan live, love, and thrive.  Recently an inventor delved too far and too deep with his miner, burrowing directly into Ulduz's home.  After that terrible first impression of modern technology Ulduz's curiosity got the best of her and she made her way to the surface.  Now that she's here she's trying to adapt to life amongst simkind, but it isn't always easy! 

Get to know Ulduz better here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »
Mog Luz – “Idea Girl”
By MarianT

Mog Luz is a young adult female Neanderthal. Her tattoos tell her life-story. The one on her belly indicates the tribe she belongs to. The small circle on her chest indicates that she is able to have children. The large circle on her back indicates that she has completed a vision-quest. The wolf shows that it is her totem animal. The winged person on her arm is special – it shows she met a flying person once, perhaps one of the aliens whose visit she recorded in a petroglyph. The bar on her leg records each mammoth kill she has participated in.

Traits: excitable, gatherer, loves the cold, animal lover, athletic
Lifetime Wish: The Ark Builder
Favorites: dark wave music, stu surprise, spice brown

You can view Mog Luz here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
Name:  Kura Dzuh
Traits:  Loves the Outdoors, Loner, Socially Awkward, Shy, Loves the Heat

Biography: Having lived in the desert all her life, Kura has watched her family slowly die as the heat grew worse and the water dried up. Now, she is the last one left, with the lake drying up and animals fleeing. She still tries to survive, hunting and gathering as she must, but she knows that she'll either have to leave the desert she loves or die. So far she has put off this decision, becoming thinner and weaker by the day.

Find more pictures and download here.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:14:14 PM »
         CAS Contests 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims -
Sim Name:  Welmagar Hounta
Life State:  Human
Eyes:  Blue
Hair:  Red
Traits:  Artistic, Athletic, Nurturing, Family Oriented, Gatherer.
Content:  Base, Ambitions, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, and Seasons.  Stuff packs: Fast Lane.  No store content or custom content.
Favorites: Stu Surprise, Egyptian, Spice Brown.
Biography:  Welmagar wants to meet a good provider and start her family.  She loves children and wants some of her own.  She is always looking out for any plants, animals, or fish to collect for dinner.  She's not much of a cook, she prefers to throw all ingredients into the same pot hence the fondness for Stu Surprise.  In her spare time she likes to paint.

Full-Face View:

Download Here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17282.0.html
Cynthia

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims - Poll is open.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 06:41:53 AM »
The poll is now open,don't forget to vote for your two favorite entries

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »
Voting is now closed.  Congratulations to GoslettM for creating the Forum's best Neanderthal, Derek Cowart!  And I think everyone who entered this contest deserves congratulations.  There were some pretty incredible Sims created.  I'd love to see the results of a Neanderthal breeding program in a few generations.

This thread is now open for comments and feedback.  Please remember to give feedback only if it is requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »
Reserved for winner's statement.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 07 - Neanderthal Sims - Winner Announced!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
Congratulations Goslett! I loved Derek's wide-eyed look. And thanks, Rachel, for a good idea. I'm open for comments, by the way.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 09:36:26 AM »
Congrats Goslett!  Derek is such a charmer.  This contest was a great excuse to have fun with the sliders and everyone came up with fantastic sims!  As always I'm open to comments about my entry.

MarianT - I loved the idea of the tattoos telling Mog's story and her ritual (formal) wear is especially striking.  She's also the first sim I've seen who makes a unibrow look pretty. :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »
Congratulations to Goslett for a second win! You did a great job with his facial features  :)

@MarianT - It's amazing how you managed to make a Sim that looked like a Neanderthal who was also very pretty. I love her!

@Vinyl - I thought your entry was amazing. Ulduz was so different looking from the stereo-typical Neanderthal. Great use of the University. dreadlocks You are always so good at thinking outside the box  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Congratulations, Goslett! I just loved Derek's expression in that very first picture, not even mentioning the rest of his clothes!

I am open to feedback on my entry.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything