Author Topic: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - Not My Day  (Read 28757 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Vanderburg DecaDynasty - Not My Day
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »
  Vanderburg Family Tree

Since a Story, Legacy, and Immortal Dynasty just aren't enough for me, I decided to start a Townie DecaDynasty, too! I've done the math, and chances are:

42% : I will give up due to lack of interest.
  51% : I'll fail by the first generation.
  5% : I'll flunk out of math and go live in the woods as a hermit.
  That leaves a whopping 2% chance that I'll actually finish this thing! Well, I've embraced much smaller odds before, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

Now, most of you are probably expecting this dynasty to begin in Hidden Springs, but that is, in fact, far from the truth. The founder is the distant descendant of Francesca Vanderburg--after a member of the Vanderburg family volunteered for the space mission that resulted in the beginning of Lunar Lakes.

Meet the lovely Sofia Vanderburg, who has always been my favorite Lunar Lakes townie, even if her wardrobe did her absolutely no justice..

As you can see, I tried to evoke Sofia's ancestry in her new clothes, and I think she's rather beautiful. And, most importantly, uniquely beautiful: all of my sims tend to be picture-perfect sims, so I'm going to try and have a little fun with the genetics this time.

Now that she looks less base game-y, it's time for Sofia to meet her new husband, the Cycl0n3 of Lunar Lakes.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »
Wuuhuu, I'm glad to see a new DecaDynasty story. Hopefully those 2% will be enough for you to finish. Good luck!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
Ah, I see you've found something to keep you busy as you're nearing the completion of your immortal dynasty.  It would be a shame to have too much free time, right?   ;=)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:48:19 PM »
Wuuhuu, I'm glad to see a new DecaDynasty story. Hopefully those 2% will be enough for you to finish. Good luck!

Thanks! I will definitely need it  ;) .

Ah, I see you've found something to keep you busy as you're nearing the completion of your immortal dynasty.  It would be a shame to have too much free time, right?   ;=)

Of course! Idle hands lead to . . . something. Or something.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
A Less Threatening Approach
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
  Lars Royal: A wannabe criminal who lives in a little house on the other side of the mountains, is unemployed, and has a lifetime wish of Renaissance Sim while having no skills at all. Like a certain Sunset Valley sim, his eyes are always hidden by sunglasses. Unlike that same Sunset Valley sim, it's a shame, because his eyes are his best feature.

Sofia tried to jump straight into flirting, but quickly realized that Lars was not okay with having a random woman try to flirt with him. Instead, she tried a less threatening approach.

Aha. Now that's what I'm talking about.

After a few hours of meaningless pleasantries (in Sofia's opinion, anyway) she decided it was time to take things to the next level--whether Lars wanted to or not.

She stepped back to see his reaction. Would he look shocked? Be angry? Pass out?

As the sun slowly set, Sofia tried to cement the relationship. Lars, not so insane ("Commitment-phobic," Sofia says in disgust) turns down the proposal.

However, that's okay. Sofia's too persistent to be turned off by a little thing like her boyfriend refusing to get married after six hours of knowing each other.

Then Ms. Vanderburg decided that her fun bar needed a boost.

The next morning, Sofia asked Lars to move in. She figured that he would be easier to manipulate into marriage if they were sharing a house, and having someone help pay the bills would be nice. Oh--and love. Love is important, too.

At home, the boyfriend starts making food while Sofia takes a nap--because gender roles are for chumps. Then again, the food he made was horrible, so maybe gender roles are in place for a reason. It's okay, Lars, you'll learn.

Once there's a plate of autumn salad that somewhat resembles food, Lars goes to find his lady love up on the deck.

Sofia proposes for the second time in two days, and, due to a tiny increase in relationship in the twelve hours between interactions, Lars accepts.

Okay, I suppose it's okay to feel a little warm and gooey just this once. After this, however, it is all strictly professional! No more awww moments. But, just this once . . . awww.

They were married--not right there on the deck, but in the woods behind the Vanderburg house.

The newlyweds went out for dinner at the Bistro, which would usually be too expensive, but hey--it's not every day you're married to someone you met the day before. Unless you're in a dynasty, that is, in which case it is every day.

At home, chimes floated through the air as the first heir to the Vanderburg DecaDynasty was conceived.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - A Less Threatening Approach
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
"Oh--and love.  Love is important too."  Brilliant!!

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:31 AM »
Can't wait to see the nooboo, hopefully he/she will have his/her mother's hair, I love it

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
Given most dynasty romances, Sofia's was quite the long, drawn-out affair. Good luck with this!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
"Oh--and love.  Love is important too."  Brilliant!!

I am rather proud of that  ;) .

Can't wait to see the nooboo, hopefully he/she will have his/her mother's hair, I love it

I love her hair, too! And:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Given most dynasty romances, Sofia's was quite the long, drawn-out affair. Good luck with this!

I know! I can usually have them bagged within three hours, but Lars was annoying! At least there's a little wiggle room in a DecaDynasty.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
On the Way
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
  It was only while lying in bed next to his wife that Lars realized that he had not yet received a much-needed makeover! The sunglasses, beanie, and bedazzled tank top were too horrible to be ignored any longer.

See what I mean? Look at those beautiful eyes! Cycl0n3 has nothing on this guy.

He then proceeded to start a fire in the kitchen.

Blissfully oblivious as she washed vomit out of her hair, Sofia was not at all happy to learn about the fire through a visit from the firefighter. At least there was one NPC in the relationship panel!

She reprimanded her husband, set him to doing the dishes, and went out for a light stroll. She just happened to run into five-star celebrity Alexander Cross! My, what a coincidence! Ever the opportunist, Sofia quickly befriended him, then moved Alexander and his wife into the Vanderburg household.

After showing the Cross couple around the house, Sofia went to bed--only to find herself rudely awakened in the middle of the night to spin into maternity wear! The first heir is officially on the way!

Outside, Patricia and Alexander became acquainted with their bedroom. They had downgraded from an enormous mansion to a bed and All-in-One Bathroom without walls or a roof.

"I told you this was a bad idea."

"I know, honey bun, I know . . ."

The real question is: why is Patricia dreaming about Lars?

All members of the household immediately began the mission of amassing 10 skill certificates. Sofia stood in front of the mirror and practiced her speech over and over.

Lars spent all day, every day, on a treadmill at the gym.

Patricia invested her time in using the Brain Machines.

And Alexander just watched TV.

After several days of nonstop skilling, Alexander and Patricia decided they needed to work out their differences in a mature, adult manner.

And, because the universe is a neither happy nor kind place, this resolving of problems resulted in Patricia becoming pregnant! There will soon be two babies in the Vanderburg household. That is, unless they both have triplets, in which case--well, technically that's impossible, but still.

Yes, I know. Isn't it shocking?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - On the Way
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
So, was the second pregnancy genuinely a surprise, or did you need more slave labor helpful friends around the house?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - On the Way
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
So, was the second pregnancy genuinely a surprise, or did you need more slave labor helpful friends around the house?

I closed my eyes when I chose the option to "Woohoo" or "Try for Baby," so it was a 50/50 chance.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Twins!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »
  One day, Sofia woke up to find that she had an enormous pregnant belly. Knowing that this was a sign of imminent labor, she loafed around the house, appearing indifferent while secretly humming with excitement and nervousness.

And so she wasn't surprised in the least when labor pains started in the bathroom.

In a rush of sparkles, she gave birth to the first heir to the Vanderburg DecaDynasty: Katherine Vanderburg.

She carefully placed Katherine in her crib, only to find herself doubled over in pain again. It turns out that Katherine had a twin: Elizabeth.

Lars would come back from the gym to quite a surprise . . .

*Author's Note: I did absolutely nothing to have twins! No Kids' Music, TV, anything!*

"We're outnumbered."

"No, we're not!" Sofia called. "There are two of them and four of us."

"Like I said: outnumbered."

However terrified her husband was, Sofia couldn't have been happier. She had two little bundles of joy instead of one--and besides, she was certain that Katherine would look just like her, which was all that mattered.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - Twins!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
Welcome Katherine and Elizabeth! Good luck raising them, adults are definately outnumbered.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Re: Vanderburg DecaDynasty - Twins!
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »
Yay, I just noticed this. It's great! Welcome Elizabeth and Katherine. I wish I had Lunar Lakes, it looks very interesting.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

anything