Author Topic: Resorts in other towns?  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
Resorts in other towns?
« on: July 29, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »
I tried this over the weekend, it works, problem is only IP gives you that opportunity to take over the in-need Hobart's Hideaway.  In every other town you have to start from scratch (buy the lot, buy items and place them). It's not the same without the opportunity cause building Hobarts from 2 to 5 stars is a project and it's a great way to avoid getting a job :)- Doing this in any other town requires some serious startup cash, which means getting that job. Shame, cause renovating Hobarts is a great story element

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Resorts in other towns?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
What about saving Hobart's to the bin and putting it in a new town? Would that work?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Resorts in other towns?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »
Yes but unfortunately when you start in a new town it's just a piece of property like the rest, you dont get it for free and if I went that route, I'd probably have to save a brand new HH to the bin, as the one in my current world is currently beautiful and at 5 star status.
In other words, I could'nt just pop into a new town with the little $2-3K left over I have after buying a house and expect to raise the hotel and live off it's profits- it would be more like $178K- so then Im stuck at a catch22: If I had the $178K then I wouldnt need the resort- if I cheat the 178K into my household funds, it kind of nullifies the reason for playing (if that makes sense), which is to see what kind of stuff these sims can get into while saving up for it.

anything