Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 29834 times)

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
I've thought of three other finite collections that might be possible -- gnomes, inventions, and objects upgraded by someone with the handiness skill.

Also, Turoskel brought up a point -- the things you get from dumpster diving don't register on the collections page. I'd add that neither do things dug up with the miner. And the game doesn't always give you credit for plasma bugs, fireflies, and mushrooms. (And would we consider mushrooms to be a separate collection or group them with plants?) So could we go with something along the lines of as long as you didn't buy it, it counts?

Oh, and I agree that 4 days is possible for the birth, but if you want to make it easier, you could say the founder has to "try for baby" by the end of Day 4.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
I forgot we could start with two CAS Sims, so yes, 4 days is doable. And other ways could be possible too, it's just a rush. But as you pointed out, this whole challenge is about speed.

I think we could use a lot of clarification on what constitutes a collection.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
I was thinking that we might consider an scoring component that would consist of 4 features we know (and love) from other dynasties:

Your score is assessed as follows:

1. One point for each unique Lifetime Wish completed by a founder, heir, or spouse.
2. One point for each portrait and/or ice sculpture of founder, heir, and spouse (limited to 1 per sim).
3. One point for each teen or child who makes the honor roll.
4. One point for each skill maxed by a founder, heir, or spouse (wouldn't have to be unique; diving excluded for mermaids).

Or you could replace one of the above with:

One point for each type of NPC who is friends with the household at the time of the move.

Scoring would be optional, but would be there for people who like to go for a high score.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
We generally don't do scoring.. we figured the exact money value of the four collections would be the number we chose for HOF much like the collections for Townie Deca or the Museum Value of the Immortal Dynasty. 

This isn't a tournament thing - we don't have to have scoring as it's not about doing it better and higher than someone.. it's about finishing it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

Nice spread, Deklitch!  I did notice that you have Max Unique Skill listed, instead of Max Unique Career - In the Adding an Heir section.  Otherwise, it looks really easy to use, at least with the rules the way they are right now.

Thanks for picking that up, Simfulicious. I've correct that error. Here's the updated spreadsheet.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
CAS option: Create 2 Young Adult Sims and place them in any fresh EA designed neighborhood. The Forum’s Union Cove is also acceptable.
 Allowed life states: Human, Ghost, Witch, and Mermaid. Future bloodline heirs can be any of the above states as well as Aliens and Imaginary Friends.

When you say "2 Young Adult Sims" -- can they be married, to expedite the whole "meet someone and reproduce" aspect, or is it just two Sims with no relation to each other whatsoever?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »
That's up to you but they need to be a couple that can produce.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
That's up to you but they need to be a couple that can produce.

Cool, thanks.

Also, we have our founders who make Heir #1, who then makes Heir #2, who makes Heir #3. Is it this point we move to the next world? Or do we make Heir #4 and then move?

And once we're in the second (or third or fourth world), do our Heirs that moved count as a generation in that world? E.G is this OK:

Founder
Heir 1
Heir 2
Heir 3
Heir 4
MOVE
Heir 4
Heir 5
Heir 6
Heir 7
MOVE?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
4 generations for each town and founders aren't included in the generation.. so yeah   Founders > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 does requirements to move > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 does requirements to move > 9 > 10 > 11 > 12 does requirements to move > 13 > 14 > 15 > 16. 

Generations 4, 8 and 12 cannot have children before they move.  They can get married but Generation 5, 9, 13 must be born in the new town. 

Chuckles_82

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that. That was the main point that I found incredibly confusing.

One question - has anyone found/converted will-o-the-wisps? I think the spawners got broken when they introduced fireflies, due to the time that butterflies are turned off.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
Okay, I attempted to make a list of everything to could be considered a complete collection. Open for feedback, please.

Beetles, butterflies, elixirs, equestrian trophies (one for each type of competition), fireflies, fish, gems, inventions, metals, photographs (as in all the photos from one photo collection, e.g. Flowers and Plants), plants/produce, potions, relics (either one relic collection or all relic collections), seashells, skill certificates, space rocks, upgraded appliances.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:04 AM »
What about Wildflowers and Book Genres (like one fiction, non-fiction, children's, comic, etc)?

I wonder if the various types of grapes would count independently from plants/produce (I wouldn't think so, but you never know :))

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »
Thanks for the list.  We'll get back to you on it.

When we say one complete collection - this means a collection with every item in it that's available to you.   I also feel that since there are only four collections needed and a super limited lifespan that some collections would not be possible. 

Skill certs, appliances, a single photo collection or a single relic collection do not fit the bill for what we were thinking when it came up in talks.   These collections are not skill based like the life states dynasty.  These are true mega collecting collections is what I was thinking when I suggested it.  And remember you are limited to only the founders (as in first two before gen 1) and the heirs that follow to make these.  You can't use pets, spares, wives, housemates.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
Skill certs, appliances, a single photo collection or a single relic collection do not fit the bill for what we were thinking when it came up in talks.   These collections are not skill based like the life states dynasty.  These are true mega collecting collections is what I was thinking when I suggested it.  And remember you are limited to only the founders (as in first two before gen 1) and the heirs that follow to make these.  You can't use pets, spares, wives, housemates.

So essentially it's Collections that appear (or would appear) in the Collecting Skill Journal, correct? You have to go out and physically collect them as opposed to earning them?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 02:27:04 AM »
Rica, does this mean that heirs could also theoretically start collections for future households? Like I plan to use fish for generation 5, but we're still on generation 2, I could use the founders to start fishing up for the start of generation 5?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 02:49:12 AM »
Might have to think on that one.  I dislike the fact that you can reserve stuff for the Townie DecaDynasty.  I would prefer that you only collect while in that town.   Metro and Rachel need to decide how they feel about it so a decision can be made though.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 03:12:03 AM »
This may have already been confirmed, but do we take the collections with us when we move? I know the rules say they must be placed on the lot, but I was figuring that you have to have them placed on the new lot when you move towns.

I'm thinking of giving this a test run with the specifications already confirmed. Though my attention span is short, so I probably won't make it through, lol.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 06:08:00 AM »
Rica, does this mean that heirs could also theoretically start collections for future households? Like I plan to use fish for generation 5, but we're still on generation 2, I could use the founders to start fishing up for the start of generation 5?

No, I am not cool with that to be honest. We'll have to figure out what can be taken with moves but I am thinking heir #5 needs to start from scratch in the next neighborhood with his/her collection and not one brought from the previous neighborhood.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 06:53:51 AM »
To Rosa's list for consideration you might add birds, lizards, snakes, turtles, and rodents.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 07:22:28 AM »
Fair enough, thanks Metro :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
It occurs to me that if the Gen 4 heir has to own all the properties and buildings in his former town, he will be very rich when he moves to his new town, making the purchase of all properties and buildings there very easy.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
It occurs to me that if the Gen 4 heir has to own all the properties and buildings in his former town, he will be very rich when he moves to his new town, making the purchase of all properties and buildings there very easy.

Very true, Marian...maybe when it's time to move we should take away a portion of their money, so it won't be so easy to accomplish?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »

Very true, Marian...maybe when it's time to move we should take away a portion of their money, so it won't be so easy to accomplish?

Not a bad idea. In keeping with the whole "4" theme we could start every neighborhood with only 4k simoleans.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
Two midas' touch elixirs would cover that easily though.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Not a bad idea. In keeping with the whole "4" theme we could start every neighborhood with only 4k simoleans.

I would like to be able to move into any house I want though...so how about you take the simoleans away after purchasing the house?

anything