Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326932 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #750 on: January 12, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »
I have a question about weather/seasons. Can the season length be changed in the new town - I thought I read somewhere on this thread that it was OK, but now I can't find it, and since I did when I moved I now realize I might have disqualified myself from HoF :( I have been so scatter brained the last couple of weeks.

Oh well, I'd rather find out now than later, even if I've made it 5 gen...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #751 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:19 PM »
@ saltpastillen

Its under the general rules.   :D

"Before beginning play in a new neighborhood you are allowed a one time tweaking/customization of options like the weather, Supernaturals, and Celebrities."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #752 on: January 12, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
@ saltpastillen

Its under the general rules.   :D

"Before beginning play in a new neighborhood you are allowed a one time tweaking/customization of options like the weather, Supernaturals, and Celebrities."

Thank the Watcher! I got a brain freeze moment and totally panicked - and the next gen had just been born so I was all happy and then super sad. Thank you for the quick reply, now I can just reload my game and all is well :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #753 on: January 12, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Do sketches qualify for the family collection? I couldn't find them in the list.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #754 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
@Snufflesxx

Yes they do, I'll make the edit now.  Thanks for the info.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #755 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
January 12th, 2014 -- Rules Addition:

Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, love gifts, field trip souvenirs, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), afterschool activity trophies, time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, moneybags, fancy festival eggs, samples or clones from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, nanites collected or from reversed engineering, star dust, dark matter, upgraded items from handiness skill, cooked dishes from cooking skill, sketches from drafting table, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #756 on: January 12, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
Do sketches made using the sketchpad (from UL) count too or is it just the drafting table?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #757 on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
@Snufflesxx

Does the sketchpad increase any skills?  I don't remember.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #758 on: January 12, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
Yes, it increases painting.
** My Stories **

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #759 on: January 12, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
Awesome.  Will add that on the list, answer is yes, you can count sketches from sketch pad.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #760 on: January 12, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
January 12th, 2014 -- Rules Addition:

Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, love gifts, field trip souvenirs, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), afterschool activity trophies, time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, moneybags, fancy festival eggs, samples or clones from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, nanites collected or from reversed engineering, star dust, dark matter, upgraded items from handiness skill, cooked dishes from cooking skill, sketches from drafting table and/or sketch pad, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #761 on: January 13, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
@Margerita

Unfortunately the answer is no.  Only Into the Future xpac, you can turn on/off throughout the dynasty.  But other xpacs, must be chosen at the start of the dynasty, no exception.  You can add expansion in the middle of your dynasty (like buy new xpac), but you can't remove it once added.  We are only making the exception for Into the Future because of the opps phone call bug.
Nutella you miss understood my question, I didn't mean generations as in the expansion pack, but as in heir generations (1st, 2nd, 3rd)... and so on.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #762 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »
@Margerita

Whoops.  :D  You can turn the ITF xpac on and off whenever you want.  So yes, you can turn it on for one generation, but turn it off for another generation.  Although if you use any into the future items in your dynasty gameplay, turning it off might mess up your game.  I don't have into the future for my dynasty, so I'm not sure how safe it is to turn on/off within generations.  My guess is safest to do it when you move town.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #763 on: January 13, 2014, 12:23:29 PM »
@Margerita

Whoops.  :D  You can turn the ITF xpac on and off whenever you want.  So yes, you can turn it on for one generation, but turn it off for another generation.  Although if you use any into the future items in your dynasty gameplay, turning it off might mess up your game.  I don't have into the future for my dynasty, so I'm not sure how safe it is to turn on/off within generations.  My guess is safest to do it when you move town.
Ok, good to know that I can if I need to. I have some skills and chareers planed that might need the extra opportunities so I'll be the guinea pig and see how it goes.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #764 on: January 13, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
I think the main issue would be how the game handles all the ITF objects townies get in their inventories. I even had a ghost in my family get a hover board after death, and he never even set eyes on one when he was alive. I would suggest being very careful about turning it off and on.

anything