Author Topic: McClure LifeStates Dynasty - FAILED  (Read 5294 times)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
McClure LifeStates Dynasty - FAILED
« on: September 14, 2013, 10:28:22 PM »
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four - NEW!

Chapter One

Hello!

So, I decided to make an attempt at a Life States Dynasty. I read the rules for this, Immortal and 4x4 and decided this one sounded like the best one for my playing style. I really suck at story writing, so this will be more like documenting the steps as opposed to a story-story.

So, DEEP BREATH, here goes:

This is Madeline McClure, I take zero credit for the name as it was CAS generated because thinking of names can set me back DAYS. Seriously. It takes forever for me to think up names. I also can't take credit for her looks, this is what popped up when I clicked on fairy and I only changed her clothes. I left the headband because it felt appropriate for a gardening fairy.

I chose to start with a fairy and boy am I glad I did. Only because of the extended life span, it took me for-EVER to get her ready for nooboos. Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just not as experienced a player as the majority of you, lol! Or it takes everyone awhile? Dunno.

I decided to have summer all the time as I didn't want the snow and rain to inhibit Madeline's gardening. Moon on regular lunar cycles. Populations unaltered. Unfortunately.

Her traits are: Natural Cook, Gatherer, Family Orientated, Lucky, Ambitious
Her LTW is Greener Gardens
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Vegetarian chilli
Favorite music: Rock

I started her gardening right away knowing she was going to be my gardener/cook. Another reason I chose fairy is that I didn't have to worry about a house for awhile since I could set her up in a fairy house.

Thank goodness for the info on these forums! At first I regretted not limiting the zombies but then thanks to some searching here, I found out about fencing in the garden and locking the gate. Works wonderfully.

One of the opportunities Madeline got first was to share cooking tips with Belinda Crumplebottom. They hit it off quite well and since Belinda is a witch, she has been targeted as the best friend. One day Madeline invited Belinda over and I was not paying complete attention to the two of them when the top right hand message tells me "it's just the two of them now" and I say wha...? ???

NOOOOOOOOO!!! NO hearts! NO! Any other time, fine but not here! Not now! BAD!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! *headdesk*

I swear I never have my Sims do anything like this on free will, why now? WHY? oh man oh man. I was frantically trying to find some kind of interaction that says, hey - let's just be friends ok? But no, of course there's nothing like that. I'm hyperventilating, cursing, debating starting over..... when Belinda takes care of the problem all on her own. Being a witch, she was casting spells on Madeline, (no pictures because see above hyperventilating et al), hearts were popping all over the place but then I don't know if a spell backfired or was intended but the message popped up that the next person Madeline saw would be sorry! And guess who she saw next?

I admit, I giggled like a child when I saw that. Well, the problem solved itself! Except now I'm out a supernatural best friend. Gah! Moving on....

With the money that's been coming in from her gardening, I'm able to eventually build a small box house. Again with the lack of creativity! I'd always rather move into a pre-built, but must do what one must do while working in a dynasty.

Both Sims outside the house are zombies. Naturally.

When Madeline's not eating, working or sleeping, she's gardening and fishing. Once we've got most of her requirements done, I send her to look for a love interest. Sent her to the library to post an online dating profile and eventually received some responses.

Really? OK, this guy must be met. They chat on the phone for awhile and get to friends before meeting up at Varg's Tavern. Where Madeline promptly accuses him of being a vampire. No! Really?

Dante seemed to feel pretty bad about it, but nonetheless, it meant he was out as a potential suitor. Back to online responses.

Ahh, Dwayne Wolff - a werewolf. Perfect! I didn't take a lot of photos apparently but they enjoyed an uneventful courtship. Well, until Madeline asked him to move in and:

Come on!! *headdesk*

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
Re: McClure LifeStates Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »
Chapter Two!

OK. So it's time to find another love interest. Back to the online dating profiles! One that had come up previously but had been dismissed was Param Singh. He was human so not interesting but what's this now? He's a werewolf suddenly! Madeline spends her time chatting him up and finally asks him out on a date where things go very well. I hesitate to get excited, because, well......

Anyhow, after a few days of courting, things are looking promising. Madeline asks Param to move in and he does, without issue I might add, and then she pops the question.

Param's traits are: Workaholic, Hopeless Romantic, Ambitious, Great Kisser and Hates the Outdoors. Wow, that last trait must really suck for a werewolf. His LTW is: Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium. His LTW was super easy because Mads had been fishing her whole life up to this point and I was able to place 6 perfect fish from her inventory straight away. It only took a couple more outings to get the rest and his LTW was fulfilled without him having to do any fishing. Score! Speaking of, I sent Param to join the athletic career.

The next day they hold a private wedding in the living room.

I love that Param was in full on werewolf mode during it all. In all honesty, he's not the best looking Sim around. I seemed to not have taken a lot of photos during this period, I think I was tired and just trying to get wishes fulfilled and whatnot so we could move on to the important stuff.

NooBoos!!!

Requisite toilet shot

Yeah, he's really not the genes I would have liked to have used, but he fulfilled the different life state need and they have had a great relationship.

And Madeline goes into labor. I realize these are just pixels and all, but wow do I feel weird and a little scared by that direct expression. It's like she can see me.....It''s like she's blaming me......

Mads wanted a girl, Param wanted a boy. Guess whose wish was fulfilled?

Meet Miriam McClure. And she's a werewolf baby! Our next generation right here. She rolled Disciplined and Genius at birth. Her favorite color is also red. Favorite food is vegetarian grilled salmon and her favorite music is pop.

Miriam was a pretty easy baby and quickly became a true daddy's girl. He dotes on her like crazy. She aged into toddler with much cuteness and ease.

Up next - Miriam continues to be awesome! But first I leave you with an interesting picture from Param and Madelines honeymoon in France.

Go home street! You're drunk!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »
What a great start, I like your dynasty so far!   Your founder Madeline is a beautiful fairy.  The incident with Madeline & Belinda was very funny.  Miriam your little girl is a sweetie pie.

Well I don’t know if you going to let your future spouse Param do alchemy because it’s very use full.  My spouse Connor started as soon as possible so now his make us Jar of Potent Friendship’s (Instantly become Best Friends with a Sim.) & Potent Invigorating Elixir’s (Fills energy to max, then locks the bar in place a full day with the Potently Invigorated moodlet.) that’s how I get everything done quickly because we don’t sleep at all.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »
Oh WOW. I did not know! Param has aged into Elder status so I try to be as hands off as possible with him now. I know it's not part of the rules, but I think it's a kick back from those Apocalypse days and what not, lol! Miriam is almost a YA now so perhaps her spouse better take up alchemy. Yes, I think that will fit nicely with who I have in mind for her spouse. Thanks for that heads up!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
Ah, I laughed so much at the short lived love affair with Belinda, she did the same with my own sim who had only just befriended her x.x

I'm surprised Param was single, I'm sure he had a wife at the start of the game or did he get rid of her?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »
Thanks NettleJuice! He did have a wife/gf but after Madeline asked him to move in and I had control of him I had him send her a break up text ;)
Yeah...... my heir Miriam likes to follow in her mothers footsteps :/

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 02:23:08 AM »
Thanks NettleJuice! He did have a wife/gf but after Madeline asked him to move in and I had control of him I had him send her a break up text ;)
Yeah...... my heir Miriam likes to follow in her mothers footsteps :/

I see, my sims are too scared to break people up lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »
Chapter Three

Param may have wished for a boy but Miriam had him wrapped around her little paw.

Requisite toddler cuteness spam!

Miriam quickly mastered both the peg box and the xylophone. Madeline also took her to the library where they quickly read all the toddler books. Daddy taught her to walk, Mom taught her to talk and they shared the potty training duty.

With Param being a workaholic, he is constantly at the computer and bringing in extra cashola, so I was able to expand our box house and add a second floor for when Miriam ages up and other further expansions.

It was only about two sim days later that I had to add a staircase and decorate a room for the now childafied Miriam.

In addition to her Disciplined and Genius, she rolled Perceptive. She immediately rolled a LTW for Illustrious Author which I happily let her have since no time like the present for a painter! Her next LTW she rolled after I secured this one was Vocal Legend, so glad that one didn't show up first.

Miriam loves to play dress up, and her mother loves to playfully pester her. You probably can't see it real well, but there's a dark blob in front of Miriam's face which is her mother.

She rolled a wish to write a SciFi novel so I had her get started. Seriously, how cute is she? Her little werewolf teefies sticking out underneath that T-Rex costume. D'awwwwww!

I also got her started on painting and this was her first completed painting. I love it!

*Growl* *snarl*  chicken leeeeeegssss *snore* *growl*

Miriam rolled the want to have a slumber party, so I had her invite over the 3 friends she had made at school so far. Two of them were boys who had aged up between the invite and the start of the party. Awkward......
They spent the whole evening sitting on the couch together and talking amongst themselves. They are both rather cute however so I am contemplating one of them as a spouse for Miriam as she ages. Both are human currently, but things change all the time here in good old Moonlight Falls!

Miriam quickly got on the honor roll and received the opportunity to Clean the Bug Cage. Childhood requirements done! On to teen-hood!
WOW. She's gorgeous! I take back every bad thing I said about Param not having great genes. Dang girl! Look at you go! She rolled frugal as a teen. Not sure I've every played that trait before. Interesting. Her first order of business? Get a job at the cemetery of course. Then Madeline rolled the want to teach her to drive, so teach she did.

The next few days are a blur of homework, part-time job, painting, eating, sleeping, etc. Then it's PROM time!

She may have gone to the prom alone, but she didn't STAY alone, ifyouknowwhatImean.......

*headdesk*

A daddy's girl following in her mothers footsteps. Sigh. Oh well, she needed a romantic interest and I see no reason why they can't continue for the time being. Her best friend is Waylon Wolff.

Nothing to see here..... just some daddy wolf and daughter wolf practice fighting bonding ......

Seriously? She kicked his butt! He's level 10 Athletic, maxed athletic skill and she has zero. He must have let her win because he adores her so much.

Nothing much happens as I frantically try to keep Miriam happy so she can complete her homework and work hard at the cemetery. Both Madeline and Param rolled the want for a baby AND the want for a boy so I let them have a spare. SHE was basically ignored and I felt bad for her because she probably would have been a lot of fun to play with her insane, inappropriate, evil, proper traits, (I can't recall the fifth one). But she was largely ignored by her father, sister and myself. Her mother was constantly bugging her though as this child was born a fairy. As soon as I could age her up, I did and moved her out. About the only interesting thing with her was this picture - I've never seen an imaginary friend do this in a crib.

Hey Miriam! Remember those two nice boys who came to your slumber party? Remember how I had ya chat one of them up thinking maybe I could hook you up with him?

Sorry girl :(

Madeline McClure - Fairy
Best friend: Marigold Maldano, (fairy)
Two different career/professional reward objects: Gardening trophy/certificate, food processor (culinary)
Three Unique opportunities: Deliver 3 very nice fruit to Annie Nix; Grow 10 very nice or better harvestables and bring to restaurant; Share cooking tips with Belinda Crumplebottom (that witch)
Four unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards: Entrepreneurial Mindset; Born to Cook; Steel Bladder; Dirt Defiant
Five unique regular wishes worth at least 5k: Catch every kind of fish, 5000; Master Cooking Skill, 6750; Master Fishing Skill, 6750; Reach level 10 of Culinary Career, 5750; Be worth 200,000, 5750
Six unique Skill Challenges: Master Planter, Master Farmer, Gem Collector, Amateur Ichthyologist, Amateur Rock Finder, Mushroom Collector
Mausoleum Piece: Mounted perfect fish
Total vacation days used: 6 - 3 in China and 3 in France
Completed LTW: Greener Gardens

Miriam McClure - Werewolf
Best Friend - Waylon Wolff (fellow were)
Two different career/professional reward objects: Painter reward ribbon; one more to be completed
Three Unique opportunities: Deliver large painting to Sammy Hanson; Interior Decor - deliver 10 paintings to restaurant; Deliver a large painting to China
Four unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards: Extra Creative, Observant, Opportunistic, Acclaimed Author
Five unique regular wishes worth at least 5k: Be worth more than 300,000 - 7500; Master Painting Skill - 7500; Master Writing Skill - 7500; Paint something worth more than 3,500 - 6000; Reach level 10 of Painter career - 5000
Six unique Skill Challenges: Proficient Painter, Brushmaster, Master Painter, Science Fiction Novelist, two more yet to be completed
Mausoleum Piece: Copies of written novels
Total vacation days used: 3 in China
Completed LTW: Illustrious Author

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 02:40:11 AM »
Aw, poor Miriam. Hopefully she finds anther guy instead! And I feel bad for the spare, we don't even know her name...

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:02 AM »
Aw, poor Miriam. Hopefully she finds anther guy instead! And I feel bad for the spare, we don't even know her name...

She does! No worries ;)

Her name is Miranda, I felt bad too. I shouldn't have let them have another child knowing I would be so hyper-focused on Miriam. Learned my lesson though ;/

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 07:24:50 AM »
Wow, good update and Miriam is gorgeous, she is by now an young adult, can't wait for more!  ;)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »
Chapter Four is here! Wee!!!

When we last saw Miriam, she went to prom alone, fell in love with a fellow female student, found out one of her potential future spouses had been zombified but also made a best friend in Waylon Wolff, climbed to level 3 of her job at the cemetery and got on the honor roll. It was time for Miriam to face young adulthood.

Good golly she's gorgeous. Her final rolled trait was something I cannot remember. I noticed a few days later that her final trait had disappeared so had to use the testing cheats to reapply it. She rolled Savvy Sculptor. Hm. I hadn't planned on her doing sculpting, but hey - why not?

Madeline has had a wish to free the genie for ages now, so I figure it's finally time.

Conveniently, the genie is now a member of the current household so I have complete control of him. His name is Phillip McClure, an anticlimactic genie name if there ever was one. His traits are inappropriate, good, excitable, vehicle enthusiast and easily impressed. His LTW is to become an International Super Spy. So I sent him to the police station to get a job and set him to working on logic and athletic skills. I guess it's the inappropriate trait but sheesh, he goes around to all four of the computers in the house submitting inappropriate forum posts and then breaks every one. Every. Single. Computer. Argh! I have to send Madeline around behind him to "Fairy repair" everything. Dunno if its that trait or a genie thing.

ANYHOW.

Mom introduces her daughter to what she hopes is her future son in law.

"Nice to meet you. Listen, you seen really nice but I have a ton of crap I have to complete before I can even think about having a fella in my life. Cool?"

I didn't see either Phillip or Miriam fart hearts for one another but not long after meeting they both rolled the want to kiss the other for the first time. Both of those locked in, I got Miriam to work painting and writing. During this time, I had time to play with Phillip, my Genie, and see what all kinds of skills that he has. Genie's are fun! I still prefer Aliens but Genies are neat. No need for a maid, butler or Bonehilde when all he has to do is "Make house spotless and sparkly" and boom - it's done. He can also summon any food you can imagine - EXCEPT Ambrosia, of course.

While he searches the galaxy - guess what happens?

I was worried that with my luck he would get the "unexpected weight gain" moodlet which I really did not want. It would have been very hard for me to return an alien baby to its home world. Well, no worries since he didn't get that moodlet or even the "abducted" one. He was just fine about it all apparently.

Miriam - not so much. She was not happy about it at all. But, thankfully, no alien baby there either.

And then............... this happened. :(
Le Sigh.
RIP Param, you were a good husband and father. Sorry I ragged on your looks.

Naturally everyone was distraught and I decided Miriam and Phillip needed some cheering up.

They really like each other and it has to be one of the easiest pairings I've ever played in the Sims. They continued a romantic relationship but no proposals or nooboos until she's completed everything!

Miriam threw herself into her writing to finish everything up. Go on, Miriam, you get down with your bad self.

"So, uhmmm, remember how I told you that I had to complete all these objectives before we could marry?"

"Well, guess who has two thumbs and has finally done almost everything?! This Gal! I only have one more thing to complete - I need to deliver a large painting to China. Would you like to join me?"

I sent all three of them to China and Miriam finally proposed to Phillip inside the mouth of the Maw.

I let them pretty much do whatever they wanted for the next two days afterwards. I'd been such a slave driver that I just kind of wanted to leave Miriam alone. I took Madeline and did some tomb exploration. On the final day of the trip, Miriam and Phillip married in a private ceremony at the Scholars Garden.

Three unique opportunities: Deliver Large painting to Sammy Hanson, Interior Decor at restaurant and Deliver a large painting to China.

Her five unique reward challenges over 5k:
Be worth more than 300,000 - 7500
Master Painting Skill - 7500
Master Writing Skill - 7500
Paint something worth more than 3,500 - 6000
Reach level 10 of Painter career - 5000

Her four unique LTR:
Extra Creative
Observant
Opportunistic
Acclaimed Author

Meanwhile I am getting tired of waiting for Miriam to complete the other two writing skill challenges to complete that section and since she rolled savvy sculptor, I start her in that field. Truth told, now with it done, not sure I saved much more time. Hard to say - but with the author challenges, she needed to write like 30 books and it was tough getting to 15. So, yeah.

Her six unique skill challenges completed:
Proficient Painter
Brushmaster
Master Painter
Science Fiction Novelist
Chieselmiester
Master Sculptor

Her two different reward career/professional reward objects:
Painting certificate
Sculpting medal

And with all of THAT finally out of the way!

It's a BOY! Meet Peter McClure:

But he's not blue? Why isn't he BLUE??
His traits at birth are: Insane and Loves the Outdoors. Gahhh... I dislike the insane trait so very much. His favorite color is orange, favorite music is epic and his favorite food is spaghetti with veggie sauce.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »
Aaah I don't want to be the one to say this because your story's been going really well, but... Only the heir can invite the future spouse into the household. You might want to double check with the challenge team if it invalidates HOF if Miriam didn't free Philip.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
Aaah I don't want to be the one to say this because your story's been going really well, but... Only the heir can invite the future spouse into the household. You might want to double check with the challenge team if it invalidates HOF if Miriam didn't free Philip.

Gaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I will do that, thanks :)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »
Well, this Dynasty is over as I screwed up by adding the genie through someone other than the intended spouse. I'm going to work on a tournament challenge and then either start over or attempt the Immortal Dynasty before coming back to this. I'm disappointed since I was really enjoying the family.

Please move to the Graveyard, moderators.

anything