Author Topic: Genie Potion Changed Sliders?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Genie Potion Changed Sliders?
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I wasn't entirely sure what to search for about this glitch. I suppose this could possibly go on the Showtime forum as well, but I've recently had this weird glitch with my Sim becoming a Genie through Alchemy. I was playing a challenge of mine I created where two sims are maxing skills together (my Simself and my boyfriend, just to make it fun). My sim-boyfriend learned martial arts and was training another Sim, long story short this Sim became very smelly, and I wasn't very fond of them not showering.

My first thought was - oh cool, I can try to be a genie and encorsel sims and have fun with it! So I waited outside the Elixir store, bought the Genie Potion and used it on my simself... and then I wasn't my Simself.
I looked nothing like myself - and it wasn't just the skin/hair/eyes. I can deal with that. All of the sliders were centred - my face looks NOTHING like that. I lost my freckles and my eyes were blue instead of brown. Like I said, brown eyes, brown hair... easy fixes... but I can't remember the way my face was set before hand and it's frustrating that I'm stuck with the "EA Generated" face.

Is there any way to become a genie without losing all my facial/body features... or if I go back to an old save and try again will this not happen?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Genie Potion Changed Sliders?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
Yeah, that's a known side-effect of the genie potion. It makes no sense as to why it would give the target sim generic features, but it does. There is a fix, though. Change your sim out of the genie outfit and into, say, their sleepwear. They should have their original features when they're out of the outfit. Then take them to the dresser while in their sleepwear, which will lock in their original features. However, if you take them to the dresser in their genie outfit, the generic features will be locked in instead.

This thread on the official forums explains it better. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Genie Potion Changed Sliders?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »
Oh bummer, well thank you very much for explaining. Unfortunately it looks like I'm stuck that way. Thank you again for your help!