Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979614 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10275 on: April 04, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »
Basically I got bored with an early spouse (Gen 2 spouse) and thought 'let's get him to do Science Skill, after he had made lots of friendship elixirs using his previously learnt alchemy skill. Then I had him throw his friendship elixirs at various original sims in town and then get DNA from them (discovered that neurotic sims won't allow you to do that) and thought 'it would be cool to clone from the DNA samples and make them into future spouses'. So I did so with the Gen 3 spouse and then thought ... hmmm I really should check the rules. LOL

I'm not aging people down, the original townie sims are still alive and kicking and at their old age.

I'll have to pay more attention when I next send sims into the future about all the options there, thanks Trip.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10276 on: April 04, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »
I'm not aging people down, the original townie sims are still alive and kicking and at their old age.

I knew you weren't. As long as you keep following that rule, don't sweat it with how you're getting your spouses. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10277 on: April 06, 2015, 04:14:24 AM »
These may be silly questions, but is the opportunity that you trigger with the time portal to travel to the future to help Emit Relevart allowed? Also, is a heir allowed to do opportunities in the future for Black Ops, and does the chain that Emit gives you count?

Sorry for all the questions, I have plans for one heir that will require them to stay in the future and complete most of their requirements there.  ;D

Also, regarding my last post, it seems supermaxing guitar is not a good idea with ITF installed, only one opportunity in 6 days of game play, grrr. *Shakes fist at expansion*  >:(

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10278 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:40 AM »
You might have to answer your own question here: do those ops occupy any of the three regular op slots (Skill, Career, Special)?

I don't have ITF, so this answer is on someone else...

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10279 on: April 06, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
As I recall, the opportunity that triggers with the time portal does fill up one of those three opportunities.

As for opps in the future and Emit's chain while you're in the future, I'm not sure. I know I did Emit's chain once, but honestly can't recall where they appeared. If they do fill one of the three regular spots, it depends on whether or not they have the same title or not - for example - the chain you get once you get to level 10 of alchemy all has the same title, and only count once, while the chain you get in the higher level of gardening (that leads to the Omni plant) all have different titles.

Similarly, I'm unsure about opps completed in the future.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10280 on: April 06, 2015, 08:53:52 PM »
Hi again, about my last post and the colored seeds, the red seed is Plasma Fruit. I'm glad about that b/c I accidentally sold all of his PF and so he didn't have any.

Question about cloning future spouses, is it OK to clone a current spouse or does it need to be another townie?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10281 on: April 06, 2015, 09:18:24 PM »
You might have to answer your own question here: do those ops occupy any of the three regular op slots (Skill, Career, Special)?

Good point, it's just that some people regard the future world, Oasis Landing I believe it's called, as a vacation world & I know that opportunities in some vacation worlds, such as the adventures from World Adventures don't count towards Black Ops, which is why I was wondering if future ops did.

As I recall, the opportunity that triggers with the time portal does fill up one of those three opportunities.

As for opps in the future and Emit's chain while you're in the future, I'm not sure. I know I did Emit's chain once, but honestly can't recall where they appeared. If they do fill one of the three regular spots, it depends on whether or not they have the same title or not - for example - the chain you get once you get to level 10 of alchemy all has the same title, and only count once, while the chain you get in the higher level of gardening (that leads to the Omni plant) all have different titles.

Similarly, I'm unsure about opps completed in the future.

That's good to know, I will have to rest it out then, thanks.  :) I'm just thinking of having a certain heir complete all their requirements in the future, if it's allowed.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10282 on: April 06, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »
Plumbots may be made but cannot stay in the household after they are made.

Does this rule apply only to the Dynasty house or to all vacation homes too?

Challenge team, sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm trying to figure out what is allowed/not allowed in Oasis Landing, I'm assuming that all the Dynasty rules apply while on vacation too but I just want to check.

On that note, heirs can count any University (While at University) opportunities towards Black Ops right? Assuming there are any.  ::)

Anyway, I'll quit bugging you guys now & do some more playtesting, thanks for being so patient!  ;D

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10283 on: April 06, 2015, 11:16:38 PM »
Question about cloning future spouses, is it OK to clone a current spouse or does it need to be another townie?

That's disturbing, but I don't care who you clone.

@Rainbow Dash: The Plumbot rule applies everywhere. All dynasty rules matter, regardless of where your sims are.

It depends on the University op. A few do occupy the Career or Special slot, but stuff like dares and social group ops do not occupy any of the three valid slots, and therefore don't count as ops in the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10284 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:13 PM »
Hi again Trip! About my question, personally, I don't plan to do that. So far I have plenty of townies to choose from. I just threw the question out there for others. I've seen much worse though.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #10285 on: April 07, 2015, 10:56:43 PM »
Unless I have a huge gaping whole in my memory somewhere, ITF opportunities to go to the future, use the jetpack, etc are all under Special.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10286 on: April 08, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
Hi, I keep seeing people post in their stories about sculpting the immortal in ice. Is this a special bonus point or something? I don't see it listed. Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10287 on: April 08, 2015, 07:19:18 AM »
From the requirements ("The Gift of Immortality"):

8. With the exception of your Founder, each immortal needs to have 6 portraits painted of themselves — one for each of the following life stages: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. Make sure you are doing the proper interaction and have a painter choose Paint a Portrait Of...and not your immortal choosing Self Portrait. These are the sole items for your Immortals’ Museum. Your Founder needs to have Young Adult, Adult, and Elder portraits added to the museum before eating Ambrosia. Once placed in the museum, paintings cannot be replaced with new paintings of the same immortal.  Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used. The subject of the photo needs to correctly register as the immortal (My Spouse, My Child, Superstar, etc) and not something else like a building or object. Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage. Only one portrait, photo, and ice sculpture per stage is allowed to be put in the museum. Again, photos and ice sculptures are purely optional.  Museums can be placed on your home lot or another lot that you own.

They're just something else you can put in your museum to add to its value. Ice Sculptures are easily the highest-value item you can have in a museum, especially with the mortal death value/appreciation added on. My most valuable painting was a little over $19,000, but my most valuable ice sculpture almost broke the $100,000 mark.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10288 on: April 10, 2015, 04:29:54 AM »
Gen 3 has just turned YA and I expect his spouse (cloned from an original resident) will fall pregnant within 24 hours in game. :)

Edited to Add: Well I have now gone further in this challenge than I ever have. Gen 3 and spouse got married and on their first try for baby attempt, spouse got preggers. YAY!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10289 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
Nice!