Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979776 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1110 on: October 18, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »
2.  I just reread the rules and didn't find anything about the Time Machine, which as we know can be another way of acquiring an unplanned child.

The Time Machine is not specifically addressed, but what is clear is that all births must result from natural pregnancies. So, that pretty much rules the Time Machine out.

This may have been discussed at some point in this thread, but I can't remember and am not going to read the whole 100+ pages again!

Well! So much for your hard work ethic that I sold Pam on.  ;)

...again, now that the household is full, does that remove the risk of returning with a child?  If so, I may have my sims take up time travel as a pastime.

I would say that if you have 8 Sims in the house, there would be 0 chance of the Time Machine or a vacation adding to that number. In the event I would have to eat my words and your Sim gets pregnant, you've got my permission to delete the extras with a cheat.

Offline mespunky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1111 on: October 18, 2010, 04:48:51 PM »
If you miss one of your potential heir's portraits do you have to restart? Because I missed one of my heir's portraits and realized just after they had aged up (without a birthday party hehe). Anyways I just wanted to know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1112 on: October 18, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »
If you miss one of your potential heir's portraits do you have to restart? Because I missed one of my heir's portraits and realized just after they had aged up (without a birthday party hehe). Anyways I just wanted to know

Yep. Game over. As opposed to ice sculptures and photos, portraits are a requirement to eating Ambrosia, so if you miss a requirement, then you simply can't continue. This is exactly what happened to me.

Offline mespunky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1113 on: October 18, 2010, 04:56:17 PM »
Dang. I was wishing that was not the case. I am just glad that this was my first try and there is plenty more tries ahead I am sure. Anyways thanks Metro for the very quick reply!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1114 on: October 18, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »
You're welcome. Good luck with your next attempt.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1115 on: October 18, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »
1. I've been avoiding travel because of the bugs (having already experienced one of them) but now that the household is full, is it safe to take a female travelling?  Since the household is full, she shouldn't be able to wind up with an unwanted child, right?  I'm assuming a male could still acquire an unexpected child as the child would stay with its mother in the foreign country.  Of course, I know there are other bugs that can occur during travel.

Logically, you shouldn't end up with another child while traveling if you have 8 in the household.  However, this isn't a logical bug.  Even the unwanted child of a female always lives in the foreign country and never joins the household, so I think it's still possible to get the bug even if your household is full.  Maybe the game will recognize that there are no slots for a child, but maybe not because this isn't a normal game event.  I'd still advise caution.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1116 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
I've started again (doing a trial run this time), and my 2nd gen heir has just aged up to young adult and now only has 4 traits. Is this an issue? I know that mid life crisis would allow me to get him his 5th trait, but I also know this is banned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1117 on: October 18, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »
I've started again (doing a trial run this time), and my 2nd gen heir has just aged up to young adult and now only has 4 traits. Is this an issue? I know that mid life crisis would allow me to get him his 5th trait, but I also know this is banned.

Correct. But, you're dealing with a bug. So, in your case activate testingcheats, make your YA the active Sim and then shift-click on the Sim and select "Modify Sim's traits." Make sure to turn cheats off when you're done.

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1118 on: October 18, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
Correct. But, you're deal with a bug. So, in your case activate testingcheats, make your YA the active Sim and then shift-click on the Sim and select "Modify Sim's traits." Make sure to turn cheats off when you're done.

How do I activate testingsheats? (I've not used cheats in Sims 3 ever!)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1119 on: October 18, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »
Ta ... how do I activate testingsheats? (I've not used cheats in Sims 3 ever!)

Here's the Guide article on cheats. If you're still confused, just PM me instead of posting here and I'll walk you through it.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1120 on: October 19, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
I know our Immortals can have more than one career as long as they don't maximize a career or skill assigned to another Immortal.  What I'm wondering is, is it ok for them to quit after maximizing a career and go on to another career?  With my writer, what I'm thinking of is to have her start as a Journalist, reach the top of that career, quit, and then set up shop as a self-employed writer.  I hope in this way to avoid both the problems with self-employed sims not getting opportunities as well as the problems people have  had getting promotions for their writers.  Is this ok?  And if by some chance she does manage to reach level 10 as a Journalist and level 10 as a writer, which one counts as "her" career for the Immortal Records?  Or can I just choose either one?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1121 on: October 19, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »
I know our Immortals can have more than one career as long as they don't maximize a career or skill assigned to another Immortal.  What I'm wondering is, is it ok for them to quit after maximizing a career and go on to another career?

Yes.

With my writer, what I'm thinking of is to have her start as a Journalist, reach the top of that career, quit, and then set up shop as a self-employed writer.  I hope in this way to avoid both the problems with self-employed sims not getting opportunities as well as the problems people have  had getting promotions for their writers.  Is this ok?

Yes.

And if by some chance she does manage to reach level 10 as a Journalist and level 10 as a writer, which one counts as "her" career for the Immortal Records?  Or can I just choose either one?

Your choice.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1122 on: October 19, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
Excellent!  Thank you for the speedy reply.  Now I know what Generation 6 is going to do.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1123 on: October 19, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
Further to my trait problem ... gen 2 just got married, and his lovely new wife also only has 4 traits. What's the rule around this one?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1124 on: October 19, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
Further to my trait problem ... gen 2 just got married, and his lovely new wife also only has 4 traits. What's the rule around this one?

Same solution as my advice yesterday — testingcheats.