Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979770 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »
Samoht, I didn't uninstall CC, just run without it, I installed the same I had before, and add some hairstyles and clothes, and few more patterns, nothing big. I'll try uninstalling them too, thanks.

Pam, you got it right, I followed your tutorial for manual uninstall (thank you for that) and cleaned save file from bad files. I saved last 10 different save versions of dynasty game, and cleaned registry, defrag disk (it is done weekly automatically, but I did the manual defrag before install anyway).
I think you're right with big file issue. New game I started after installing stuff packs run great. I traveled a lot without bugs, no crashing at all.
I'll first try to uninstall CC but I will miss those nice hairstyles, and if that doesn't help, I'll wait for Late Night, and do uninstall again, and again install everything, and I'll try starting from earlier saves too, to see if it make a difference. I really want to finish this dynasty. It is my first multigenerational game I played in Sims, and I'm playing them for more than a decade!
Thank you for your advices, I hope some of them will work.

edit: Pam, I tried restarting computer after crash, then load game again, and again, it crash after few minutes. Then I played other game for around 2-3 hours without problem, including big tombs, so I don't think it is graphic issue. Game cache is cleaned with this uninstall, and all bad files are deleted. So I guess I'll just tried earlier saves, and uninstalling CC. Hope it will work :(

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2010, 06:32:11 AM »
My Dynasty is Doomed, Diana is 81 Days old and is only at level 7 in her Gardening Career and still has her Skill Challenge of plant all the species. She also needs to buy a Venue. I am so annoyed with myself that I have failed again!  :'(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »
My Dynasty is Doomed, Diana is 81 Days old and is only at level 7 in her Gardening Career and still has her Skill Challenge of plant all the species. She also needs to buy a Venue. I am so annoyed with myself that I have failed again!  :'(

How are you doing with money trees?  That's really the key with the gardening career and making money.  I sent Carina and Christopher out most every day looking for special seeds.  Money tree seeds have no value, so that's how you know to plant them.  Carina was 83 or 85 days old before she ate Ambrosia and until that very day, I really didn't know if she would make it or not.  But I was determined that only two things were going to happen:  1) She was going to eat Ambrosia, or 2) She was going to die of old age.  No way was I going to stop until she actually died.  And how far are you on planting all the species?  Which ones are you lacking?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Natitude

« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2010, 07:10:53 AM »
Just to be super-clear on something.. An immortal can supermax a skill already maxed by a spouse or spare child as long as no other immortal has that specific skill maxed out, right?

Or am I reading that completely wrong?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:10 AM »
Just to be super-clear on something.. An immortal can supermax a skill already maxed by a spouse or spare child as long as no other immortal has that specific skill maxed out, right?

Or am I reading that completely wrong?

Nope, you're correct. What a spare child or spouse maxes has no impact on what an immortal can SuperMax.

Natitude

« Reply #1205 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:18 AM »
Awesome! Thought I'd made some poor judgement calls but things are looking ship-shape with this confirmation. :D

And thanks for the quick reply! :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1206 on: October 31, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
How are you doing with money trees?  That's really the key with the gardening career and making money.  I sent Carina and Christopher out most every day looking for special seeds.  Money tree seeds have no value, so that's how you know to plant them.  Carina was 83 or 85 days old before she ate Ambrosia and until that very day, I really didn't know if she would make it or not.  But I was determined that only two things were going to happen:  1) She was going to eat Ambrosia, or 2) She was going to die of old age.  No way was I going to stop until she actually died.  And how far are you on planting all the species?  Which ones are you lacking?

They have 3 Money Trees, 2 are ready to Harvest on the same day and get about 1,200. The other is a new seed and just had the first harvest, I have planted 60% of the Species I think only the WA plants are needed and Gabriella is a YA, I sent them to China to try and get those books that fetch some cash but my game just quit to desktop when I had minimized it, luckily I had saved before travelling and I cancelled the holiday. Chris is making $1000 on a Painting and can knock out a few a day but it doesn't seem to help the bank, it is Friday in game so the Diner should be giving some cash out on Monday. Diana is reading Ambrosia and Chris can easily get some Fishes, Diana also has her Portrait done which is good as a Masterpiece! I think I will get everything apart from her Career done, she needs $6000 to get to level 8.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1207 on: October 31, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »
They have 3 Money Trees, 2 are ready to Harvest on the same day and get about 1,200. The other is a new seed and just had the first harvest, I have planted 60% of the Species I think only the WA plants are needed...

To max out the gardening career you'll need far more than 3 Money Trees. You don't need the World Adventures plants to finish the Master Gardener challenge, but you do need to complete the Omni Plant chain of ops.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1208 on: October 31, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
Ah, well Diana is working on the Steaks now. Diana also just got the Collection helper probably a bit late but she finally completed her LTW.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1209 on: October 31, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Ah, well Diana is working on the Steaks now. Diana also just got the Collection helper probably a bit late but she finally completed her LTW.

You honestly don't need a Collection Helper. I mean they are a little more efficient, but if you're already aware of where Special Seeds spawn in a particular town, then you can pretty much zoom to those areas every day to look for new seeds that have spawned.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1210 on: October 31, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
Samoht, I wrote you on your story tread, but with only 3 money trees you have very little chances to master career. You will need to earn more than 100k to master gardening, and without money trees this late in game it is very very hard. The only thing I'm thinking now is other selfemloyed profession, artist, sculptor or photographer and a lot of work on vacations (maybe photography is the best since you can get high value pics while traveling)..

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1211 on: October 31, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »
Yeah that is why I am so annoyed with myself because I didn't think ahead and go seed hunting early on.  :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1212 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »
Yeah that is why I am so annoyed with myself because I didn't think ahead and go seed hunting early on.  :-\

Is gardening also her SuperMax skill?  You can get the challenge to plant all species just from the plants in Sunset Valley.  It will include cheese, eggs, steaks, burger patties, and the Omni plant.  I think that was the last thing Carina got when she was 83 days old.  I was so nervous!  But planting the first Onmi seed got that challenge completed.  Gardening is a good career and SuperMax skill to start with, but you really have to push to get those money trees and the Omni challenge.  If you really don't make it this time, don't despair over gardening.  Just plan it a little better next time.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1213 on: November 01, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »
Yep, Gardening is the Supermax and she is on the Steak Chain with the plants climbing the Quality ladder. I think she can get everything but her Career though.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1214 on: November 01, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
Yep, Gardening is the Supermax and she is on the Steak Chain with the plants climbing the Quality ladder. I think she can get everything but her Career though.

Selling some of the more profitable plants (life fruit) at the consignment store is a decent backup plan while you're trying to plant as many Money Trees as you can. I'm pretty sure that those sales count towards gardening career experience.

anything