Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979883 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1965 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »
The error 12's have won.  I can no longer play my dynasty.  It happens more often than not right now.  I am really frustrated, but I guess that is the way it goes.  I have not even had the game in that long.  I can't keep going back to previous saves, or it will take me forever to finish.  I haven't hardly played anything else because of this dynasty.  I have to get a life, lol.  I don't know of anything else to do with this computer.  I do have another option, but it will take some time to accomplish and I don't have the energy for it right now. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1966 on: January 31, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »
Oh, Salty, I'm so sorry to hear about this. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Aiwe

« Reply #1967 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:36 AM »
Well I could quibble and point out that there's no explicit rule that says said spouse can't then be cuckolded, but actually I'm pretty happy to start over, I was getting bored to tears with that particular family, the way I'd got the skills arranged meant that half the family were doing nothing except waiting around most of the time, I have a new plan that I like much better... just a couple of things I need to check, can 'living in the dynasty house' be interpreted as 'living all over town and rarely ever going to the dynasty house but they're still part of the household'? and is it all right if most of my dynasty share a maxed career as long as they also have a maxed unique career?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1968 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
just a couple of things I need to check, can 'living in the dynasty house' be interpreted as 'living all over town and rarely ever going to the dynasty house but they're still part of the household'? and is it all right if most of my dynasty share a maxed career as long as they also have a maxed unique career?

Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. Your potential immortal finds a spouse, they get married, and the spouse lives in the Dynasty house all the time until they die.

Aiwe

« Reply #1969 on: February 01, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
Oh fine, I won't bother then, I really liked my concept for wandering immortals when there was essentially no dynasty house just a museum and the family members slept in the fire department and ate in the restaurants and so on, I've been playing a game with a mooch who's trying to reach fame and fortune without actually working and I've been loving that kind of wandering existence, guess I'll go back to playing her instead.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1970 on: February 01, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Just need to confirm: I believe for portraits, they have to have the particular life stage in the museum before the immortal ages to the next one, correct? Is this the same if we have the optional Sculptures and Photographs, or can we just put the apparatus into "storage" until a later opportunity, to be finished at a later stage?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1971 on: February 01, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »
Just need to confirm: I believe for portraits, they have to have the particular life stage in the museum before the immortal ages to the next one, correct? Is this the same if we have the optional Sculptures and Photographs, or can we just put the apparatus into "storage" until a later opportunity, to be finished at a later stage?

They have to be done while the Sim is still in that Life Stage.

-

Really happy that I now have Two Immortals!  ;D I am pretty much done for the Third he is only a Young Adult. The Fourth has just been born! With an unexpected twist to that though. (Nothing life threatening) My household is just full that's all.  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1972 on: February 01, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
Thanks Pam!

You're right, I meant to say skills all along but apparently my brain was being uncooperative  :D Not at all uncommon....

Time to get started on my Dynasty!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1973 on: February 02, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »

They have to be done while the Sim is still in that Life Stage.

I'm actually not sure about this one and want to hear what Metro or Pam has to say. When I read the rules, there just states it has to be there before ambrosia is eaten, and not before you age up.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1974 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »
Quote from: samoht04 date=14 September 2010, 17:24:12
So can you keep all the stuff out of the Museum until they reach the next life stage? Then choose the best item? Or when something is made does it have to straight in?

No. Let's say your immortal is in the Adult stage and just aged up to Elder. 5 different portraits were made of that immortal in that Adult stage, so by the time he ages up to Elder, one of those 5 need to be placed in the museum.

I had asked Metro about this before but your Museum Items need to be in the Museum Room before your Sim ages into the next room.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1975 on: February 02, 2011, 03:16:26 AM »
That's what is making me think different about it is the way it is described in the rules and another fact. If I remember right one of Metro's failed attempts was because he forget to take a photo of one of his sims as child and add it, which he saw when the sim was a YA/A and he said that he searched all place in hope of he had one so he could add it.

So therefore I'm in the meaning, that all pieces just had to be placed before the ambrosia is eaten.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1976 on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:27 AM »
I think Metro has said that museum pieces have to be placed before aging up.  My own opinion is that, as long as the piece is completed before aging up, that's enough.  The idea is that you cannot move forward with the Dynasty if you don't have the museum pieces finished in time (if you want to be in the Hall of Fame).  However, if I'm mistaken in how it should be done, I defer to Metro's final answer on the subject.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1977 on: February 02, 2011, 07:31:41 AM »
Yeah, guys, as long as museum items are placed by the time an immortal eats Ambrosia, you're doing fine and following the rules. Personally, the way I played it was to place items before the next age up just for my own visual organization and knowing that certain pieces were done. That may be why I said to do it that way.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1978 on: February 02, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »
Ok, I know this is going to sound technical, but it also has to do with the dynasty and error 12.  I made a few inquiries today and spoke with a couple of computer geeks and basically I already knew this, but I tried anyway, when files get very large, like our dynasty files or legacy files and you put as much content on those large lots, you are taking up memory, as you guys already probably know.  You add a few more sims, sprinklers running, tvs, stereos and anything else that moves, plus your sims, you are probably exceeding the amount of memory that your game can save with.  If the game has exceeded its memory for the particular game, then your going to get the error messages.  I don't even get them on any other game, but my dynasty.  I can play the others all day and half the evening and have no problem, but I play the dynasty and try to save, forget it.  So, the answer is to limit your content, like stereos, etc. and anything that runs.  Then you add ghosts to the mix and gnomes that turn everything on, then your overloading your game.  I don't know why some people have the problem and some don't, but I am going to try another dynasty and this time have very limited items running.  One major game and tv room, with one stereo and one tv.  Just build large enough for the museum pieces and that is it.  It might look funny or small, but if I can complete a dynasty that way, then so be it.  I am going into this with my eyes wide open and just assume when I get so far, it will have a meltdown, lol, and then if it doesn't, yay for me.  I will complete a dynasty if it kills me, haha.  Just thought I would pass that on.  I have been running around trying to buy video cards and that is just not the answer, besides, I found out my computer liked the old one better, lol.  Hope this explains or helps someone else. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1979 on: February 02, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »
I am going to probably delete Franklin Colour dynasty thread and that way I can start another one, I want to come up with something different and I am going to have to think about what I want to do.  I will miss playing with that family, but I have learned alot from that game and I hope I can cross the finish line.  I looked at the date I started and it was in September, wow.  I had not realized I had worked on it that long, like so many others have also.  Wish me luck and thanks for reading my dynasty. :)