Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3002797 times)

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2280 on: April 07, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »
Hi Skyberry -
I had the same issue with my 2nd generation in my Dynasty. Are other Sims able to use the board? I was able to use the board again after another day or two. This happened a few times. I think it's just the game not generating any more quests for that one Sim.
No I haven't tried it with another sim as I have given Rene the travel rewards so she can stay longer.

Hi Skyberry -
I had the same issue with my 2nd generation in my Dynasty. Are other Sims able to use the board? I was able to use the board again after another day or two. This happened a few times. I think it's just the game not generating any more quests for that one Sim.

I was not aware of that so I may have to give gen 3 the adventure/opportunistic traits and make him be the main man... so to speak... for travelling  :D

Chsharpe

« Reply #2281 on: April 10, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »
If one of my mortal Sims was cursed last night do I have to actively try and save her or can I let her die, she got cursed by accident it wasn't as if I wanted her to be cursed so do I have to try and save her or can I treat her as dead already?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2282 on: April 10, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »
If one of my mortal Sims was cursed last night do I have to actively try and save her or can I let her die, she got cursed by accident it wasn't as if I wanted her to be cursed so do I have to try and save her or can I treat her as dead already?

I guess it's your choice. If it was unintentional and you do not mind her dying, that's fine.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2283 on: April 11, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »
Quick question about omni plants in my dynasty.

So my founder finally completed the opportunity chain and got his 4 omni plant seeds as a reward, but because of the known bug he can't order any more from the mailbox.

Do omniplants live indefinitely like money trees?  If not, is there any allowable work-around for getting more omni plant seeds within the context of my dynasty?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2284 on: April 11, 2011, 01:12:41 PM »
Do omniplants live indefinitely like money trees?  If not, is there any allowable work-around for getting more omni plant seeds within the context of my dynasty?

Omni Plants will eventually die after a certain number of harvests. To my knowledge the only other way to get more Omni Plants besides the seed order is the buydebug cheat, and that's obviously a no-go.

Offline lingeringdreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #2285 on: April 11, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
I saw this question somewhere in the thread but I never found an answer to it...

Do the instruments count seperately as skills or do they all count as 1 instrument skill reguardless of which instrument you choose?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2286 on: April 11, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
Do the instruments count seperately as skills or do they all count as 1 instrument skill reguardless of which instrument you choose?

Guitar, Bass, Piano, and Drums are all separate skills.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #2287 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:31 PM »
Omni Plants will eventually die after a certain number of harvests. To my knowledge the only other way to get more Omni Plants besides the seed order is the buydebug cheat, and that's obviously a no-go.

I understand, but I'm really bummed that because of EA's bug my founder can't take advantage of a benefit he earned by mastering the gardening skill and completing all the opportunities to unlock the omni plant.  Basically he's out of luck after those plants die unless EA gets around to fixing the order seeds problem.

~~~

Update:  Thanks, Metro.  I removed my abbreviation.  Just having a bad day and needed to vent.  I'm sorry.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2288 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:09 PM »
I understand, but I'm really bummed that because of EA's bug my founder can't take advantage of a benefit he earned by mastering the gardening skill and completing all the opportunities to unlock the omni plant.  Basically he's out of luck after those plants die unless EA gets around to fixing the order seeds problem.

Hey, I understand. But, the no cheats policy remains. Sorry.

I needed to edit your abbreviation. Please do not abbreviate profanity. Thanks.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2289 on: April 14, 2011, 03:28:58 AM »
Are we allowed to use the Guitar/Painting Exploits?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2290 on: April 14, 2011, 06:58:19 AM »
Are we allowed to use the Guitar/Painting Exploits?

AFAIK, the painting exploit was fixed in a patch. The guitar exploit I don't care about.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2291 on: April 14, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »
Metro - Would this count as a Photograph? The Subject is 'My Child: George Jade' I just thought it was a cool picture to have and remember a Sim by.  :)

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2292 on: April 14, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »
Yep, that's fine, samo.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #2293 on: April 15, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »
*Sigh* OK I have a serious issue.  I somehow knew that this was going to happen to me, I seem to be particularly unlucky.  My Sixth gen came out twin girls, which means there are 5 immortals, 1 spouse, and 2 babies = 8 Sims.  When the gen 5 spouse dies, that will free a slot for the new gen 6 spouse, but a spot for baby 7 won't open up until gen 6s twin is out of the house somehow.

Does this mean that's it for my Dynasty's attempt to get into the hall of fame?  It really sucks that something I have no control over whatsoever could do that.  Honestly I've grown attached enough to them I'll finish the story anyway, but I was really hoping to go for the gold this time, you know?  :'(

I hate my stupid terrible luck!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2294 on: April 15, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
That is tough luck, Juxtaposition. You have a very, very long wait because that gen 6 twin needs to die in that house and not be moved out — just like spouses.