Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979719 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8895 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
Congrats Pernille  :D

Can anybody who's ever done fishing as a supermax tell me if they did okay for ops? so far since leaving school my sim has had just one for some dragonfish, his phone never rings yet the rest of the household are still getting constant calls, he has other skills besides fishing, knows people about town but they never call not even just to chat, I got him opportunistic as well but so far nothing.

He's supermaxed the skill now and also maxed the career and is still only a young adult, would it be a good idea to change his job to something else maybe now he no longer needs to fish? I still have some rabbit hole careers free I could use, I know Private Eye is good for ops but he's gen eight and my game is so unbelievably slow now not sure I could cope with a profession  :-\

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8896 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »
Congrats Pernille  :D

Can anybody who's ever done fishing as a supermax tell me if they did okay for ops? so far since leaving school my sim has had just one for some dragonfish, his phone never rings yet the rest of the household are still getting constant calls, he has other skills besides fishing, knows people about town but they never call not even just to chat, I got him opportunistic as well but so far nothing.

He's supermaxed the skill now and also maxed the career and is still only a young adult, would it be a good idea to change his job to something else maybe now he no longer needs to fish? I still have some rabbit hole careers free I could use, I know Private Eye is good for ops but he's gen eight and my game is so unbelievably slow now not sure I could cope with a profession  :-\

Well, as far as I know Opportunistic only increases your payout for completing ops, it has no effect on actually getting the phone calls. If he has a lot of other skills then that in itself reduces the chance of a fishing phone call because the game has so many options to pull from.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8897 on: October 21, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
Yes I did think that from the description but it seemed worth a shot, he has skill points in all four instruments and a couple in charisma, I had him learn charisma as the rest of the house always get calls for that, you'd think the game would throw one of them his way  ::) At present despite the game having options to pull from it's ignoring all of them in favour of the other immortals, rather frustrating.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8898 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
Has anyone in your dynasty done the business career yet? If I don't feel like playing a PI, I usually throw sims into business for ops as a last resort since business usually has a decent number of ops.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8899 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
Only a spare so it was one of my possible options, either that or music, thanks Trip I think I might give that a shot, he's so far well on course for ambrosia as soon as his elder museum is done I'd hate to reach his elder birthday and still have to hang around waiting for phone calls especially with my current lag issues, the AI is as good as non existent right now they just stand about looking lost till I direct them to do something before they starve, pee themselves or pass out so I'm quite looking forward to the finishing line  :D

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8900 on: October 22, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
So I'm getting Error 12 when trying to save my dynasty :( just when I said to myself how well it was going *sigh*

I've tried save as and checked in my saves folder, the two times I've tried appear to have been saved with a .bad at the end. Any ideas what I should do?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8901 on: October 22, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
Have you tried using Save As?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #8902 on: October 22, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
I've tried save as, save and save & quit. They all give the same result
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #8903 on: October 22, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
You're going to have to just quit it, I think. When you have, look in your files, (My) Documents>>Electronic Arts>>The Sims 3>>Saves. The file you need will be called [name of your file].backup. There may not be one, as Error 12 sometimes deletes that too. In that case, you will have to start again.  :( I wish you luck.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #8904 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
I'm actually close to the end so I've been doing a save as quite frequently. I have a good save from not too long before but I'll have to see what the challenge team say I think.

Edit: So I tried save and quit one more time and it's worked :D I'm going to delete all the .bad files and hope it doesn't happen again!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #8905 on: October 23, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
Sorry to double post but I have a new problem. So unfortunately my Sim is stuck. I've tried both versions of resetsim to no avail, and I've also tried quitting and clearing caches but she won't accept any commands or move at all. Any ideas?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8906 on: October 23, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
So after you resetSim does she appear on your lot? 

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #8907 on: October 23, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
She still doesn't move after the resetsim, just stays standing where she is. I can give her an action but it will just drop from the queue straight away.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8908 on: October 23, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »
Can you save your file under a different name?  If you manage to save it, log out exit game then restart game and see if that fix the problem.  If it still doesn't fix, you have permission to go back to an earlier save (before the stuck sim bug).

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #8909 on: October 23, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
Thanks Nutella, I'll give it a try