Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1443928 times)

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9200 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Hey guys, I have Roaring Heights now and three possible candidates for dynasty lots:

25 Beach Drive (60x60)
20 Paradise Drive (64x64)
36 Riverside Terrace (64x64)

With pictures!

25 Beach Drive circled in read, 20 Paradise Drive circled in yellow...

...And 36 Riverside Terrace in blue.

Thoughts on which one(s) should be the dynasty lot(s)?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9201 on: December 12, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »
All 3 lots looks good, thanks a lot Trip.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #9202 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
You're welcome!

I haven't played with the new content yet (Finals Week officially started today; what bad timing), but I can't particularly see how fixable cars and roller coasters could mess with aging or provide a huge advantage beyond what most premium content does. But then again, I probably thought the same things about mudbaths and soy milk too. ::)

Speaking of which, I don't see a formal ban on soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set. While I don't have the set, Rosa has had it add days to her sims' lives:

Soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk Set should be banned for non-Immortals. I just had it add five days to my Sim's life by drinking it.

Not to mention that SimsVIP's article on the set mentioned the revitalizing properties of soy milk:

Are you a bit lactose intolerant? Then feed your cow some vegetables so she’ll give your Sim the option of Soy Milk for a few hours. Soy Milk has all of the benefits of milk, plus it’ll help keep your Sim young and revitalized!

Which I think is evidence enough to give soy milk the ban for mortals and pre-ambrosia immortals.

Also, on a different note, Lasnien had a very good question about Into the Future and traveling to the future that I didn't see properly addressed:

I have a question about travel to the future. From what I've seen in-game, time passes normally for any sims you've sent to the future, while sims still at home are paused (as in any other form of travel). This seems like it could cause some issues, like sending an unwanted spare into the future so that they're much closer to death than they ought to be. It could also be used to save a game from an unexpected gen 7 twin, I suppose.

I guess my question is: Should we always send the whole household into the future to avoid aging discrepancies? Or is it alright to use future travel to sort of "fast age" a spare that's no longer needed out of the household?

Has there been a decision made regarding this?

EDIT: On yet another note, found the official Roaring Heights festival lot, made by SimGuruBrett. Right here. Since the other festival lots for post-Seasons towns have been allowed to be placed, I'm assuming this one is fine too, right? I haven't downloaded it yet, but does anyone know if it's designated as a true festival lot?

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #9203 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
You're welcome!

I haven't played with the new content yet (Finals Week officially started today; what bad timing),

I'm so sorry. Good luck (I finished my only final today, woo).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9204 on: December 12, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
12/12/2013  Rules Addition:  The following items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
                                                   7. Drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9205 on: December 12, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
Good luck on your finals Trip.  Thanks for the heads up on soy milk, I don't buy any custom content or store content, hence in the dark about items like these.   

Into the Future traveling - this one the team needs to discuss about it, I'll make sure we come to a decision this week and post the result.

Yes, if its an official true festive lot, then you can add it to Roaring Heights.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9206 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »
For jesirose or people who curious about having Ghost as family member in Dynasty.

I just open my game again and found Erik was died at age 93. I was sent him to eat his pumpkin pie but there's a notification appears and this is what happens.

So, if you still hesitate about having ghost in your dynasty, I think that's totally alright because they actually age like human Sims do.

Too bad even I thought that I believe that I collected so many Lifetime Happiness Point for him, his urn is not changed at all.

*sigh*next in line would be Holly who Grimmy would reap.

Just want to drop by and giving this information. R.I.P Erik :'(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #9207 on: December 13, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »
With playable ghosts, their urns won't change because they're static objects in their inventory. So not only does Erik keep his medium-sized tombstone, but Axl will have an ugly, small tombstone no matter what you do (all ghosts born in-game have the small tombstone).

By the way, RIP Erik. :(

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9208 on: December 13, 2013, 12:56:27 AM »
With playable ghosts, their urns won't change because they're static objects in their inventory. So not only does Erik keep his medium-sized tombstone, but Axl will have an ugly, small tombstone no matter what you do (all ghosts born in-game have the small tombstone).

By the way, RIP Erik. :(

Thank you Trip, well it's fun playing Dynasty because I never play something that I never thought before. I never considered playing a Ghost because Ghost is scary! And I don't have any idea for making my founder as a Witch as first time playing this file, I only have Philosopher Stone on my mind But, it turned out to be amazing because so many stories that I could create from his supernatural state!

He had good life and has reunited with his true love and having children even he didn’t have his chance to meet Harry as a toddler (just one day!) so I think that's alright. He had his peace although that I disappointed there's no Grimmy after playing around with Lolita in another game anyway :(

Yeah, Axl urn would be ugly… but I will come up with something different later. Not focusing into his tombstone/urn :D

By the way good luck on your finals, Trip! Wish the best for you!  Do your best and God will do the rest :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9209 on: December 13, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
@Trip — just wanted to tip my hat to you for getting the Dynasty lot info. :)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9210 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
I was wondering if tattoo removal effected aging like getting a tattoo does? Cause if not I have a former tattoo artist in my house I would like to send to get them removed.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #9211 on: December 14, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
If you give me a few minutes, I'll see for myself! I've never seen it brought up before.

Opening up the game for testing. ;)

EDIT: I was able to get only three sims' tattoos removed until the tattoo artist was off-duty. In all three cases, age was unaffected, and all three sims were quite a few days into their adult stage.

The reason it (likely) doesn't affect age is probably because you don't have to bring them into CAS (or the limited version of CAS you get when you tattoo your sims) to get their tats removed.

This isn't an official ruling either. Just me testing things out. :)

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9212 on: December 14, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
I have a bit of a problem with my dynasty.
Two events have happened simultaneously at once: sending a Sim to the University and the death of the other Sim. Neither was avoidable or cancellable at this point. As the Dying one had turned ghostly transparent, but before the Grim Reaper had arrived, University sub-hood started to load. A week passed in the University. When my students were finally back, it turned out the Dying one was stuck in some sort of limbo. The sim is not transparent anymore (although on the save picture he is); he floats in the air as ghosts tend to do; and he's not going to continue the standard death routine (no Grim Reaper in sight, and all that). I've played with a copy of the save for several sim-days just to test that, and the Dying Sim was still in limbo with no further progress.
I tried resetsim. It did unstuck the Sim, but it also cancelled his death and brought him back to the beginning of his current age. And that, of course, is forbidden.
What should be the proper protocol of my actions in such a case?
I personally wouldn't mind to reset him and then kill him properly via mod/cheat; of course, I need a permission (or another advice) first.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9213 on: December 14, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
@Siergiej

Do you have a save before the events happen?  Before the death and before university?

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9214 on: December 14, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »
Nutella, yes, I do. Should I go back to that save?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9215 on: December 14, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
@Siergiej

Yes, you have permission to go back to that save.  Good luck this time.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9216 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Are you allowed to accept the 'Free Vacation' Oppurtunity before the second gen is a young adult? And does it count towards your BlackOps?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9217 on: December 15, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
Are you allowed to accept the 'Free Vacation' Oppurtunity before the second gen is a young adult?

You can accept the opp, but you can't travel till your second generation is YA. 

And does it count towards your BlackOps?

Yes.  You can only use the "free vacation" blackops for 2nd generation and later, due to the traveling restriction.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #9218 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
Does it actually count? The Free Vacation op doesn't occupy an op slot, from what I can remember.

It's been a while since I've accepted it, though, so I might be wrong. It's also an incredibly buggy op, so be careful.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9219 on: December 15, 2013, 07:52:09 PM »
Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) .

Unless I misread the rule, the free vacation opp can count as blackops.  You just can't use it for earlier generation due to the can't travel restriction before 2nd gen is YA.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #9220 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:34 AM »
Just in response to Nutella's post in the 4x4 thread, that Roaring Heights is now approved for dynasty challenges - Carl's guide mentions that the deathfish spawner is broken.

It's not a game breaker for any of the other dynasties , but for this one - either the world can't be used till a fix comes out, or much like the Book Corral for a couple of the towns, can the challenge team make an exception to place an extra fish spawner in?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9221 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
Just in response to Nutella's post in the 4x4 thread, that Roaring Heights is now approved for dynasty challenges - Carl's guide mentions that the deathfish spawner is broken.

It's not a game breaker for any of the other dynasties , but for this one - either the world can't be used till a fix comes out, or much like the Book Corral for a couple of the towns, can the challenge team make an exception to place an extra fish spawner in?

Yes, Carl brought this to my attention last night. Ugh. *rolls his eyes* I foresee the team allowing a temporary Edit Town fix in Roaring Heights until something permanent comes from EA. It's really the only solution at least in my opinion. So, give us a day or two and we'll have an answer.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9222 on: December 16, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
December 16th, 2013 - Rules Addition:

- Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners in the graveyard.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #9223 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
I'm in a small pickle right now. :(

So last night, I was playing my file and it very suddenly got laggy and froze out of nowhere. I'm not expecting stellar performance on my non-gaming laptop, with a dynasty that is 24 weeks in, but this was far beyond normal, occasional freezing/lag. It was "I can't move the camera at all and it takes five minutes to bring the Options menu up" freezing/lag. So I opened up the cheats panel (another minute or so of waiting for that to come up), did a global resetsim to see if that would clear things up, noticed that that didn't do anything to help performance, so I eventually was able to save and exit as usual. I always clear caches, DCBackup, and Featured Items before I open up the game again, so I did that.

Tried opening my file again tonight. For one, the resetsim cheat didn't even fully work, because my active sim was still standing by the fishing hole where she was before, instead of being placed back home. It took a good few minutes for the camera to move if I directed it to, if it did at all. I couldn't even open the Options menu to save my game. Not that it mattered, since I couldn't even un-pause the game to do anything. Often, the cursor was stuck in place. And worst of all, the build/buy buttons were greyed out. It was bad, and so non-functional, that I had to force-quit through Task Manager and try again, only for the file to still be extremely laggy. Then I opened up my last good save to see if that was still playable. Which it is. Things run about as smoothly as they can on a laptop with integrated graphics and a humongous dynasty file to cope with.

For reference, I tried other things to make performance better. Lowered a few of my graphics settings, closed every other program (I have a nasty habit of leaving everything open), but that didn't help this lag in the slightest. Is there anything left to do? I'm too far along to give up.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9224 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »
I had a similar problem with my dynasty, what I did was a factory reset, if you see the post below there is kinda a shortcut way to do the factory reset.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7507.0

I still have problems after playing a while, but then I do another factory reset.  Hope this helps.