Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978640 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9855 on: June 24, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
It's true, if your computer is not connected to the internet, the blue launcher will never popup.  You will never be updated to the newest patch.  I guess bossman is trying to say you have to connect to the internet and get patched to the newest.

FyreByrde, is there anyway for you to hook your gaming computer up to the internet?  Just needs to be a short while, so the patch can upload.  After patching, you can unhook the internet and play your game.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9856 on: June 24, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »
Heck, you could download the patch externally (you can find a link to the super patch for 1.67 easily through Google), put it on a thumb drive, and patch the game without needing to connect your computer to the internet.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9857 on: June 24, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
Well I talked to Carl about this. I suppose at this stage of the Sims 3 life cycle requiring someone to be patched up is not a big deal. FyreByrde your situation seems unique...I mean this has never come up in four years to my knowledge. So I suppose my arm can be twisted for you to do the Immortal Dynasty and not patch up. That's assuming you cannot temporarily patch up as Nutella or Trip requested. I need you to try and do those solutions first. The light is at the end of the tunnel for all things Sims 3. I am a softie at this point.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9858 on: June 24, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »
FyreByrde said he/she is internet challenged, so I doubt Trip's suggestion is going to work for them (might be too hard).  Easiest way is to connect your gaming computer to the internet and let the launcher do everything itself. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9859 on: June 24, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
The light is at the end of the tunnel for all things Sims 3. I am a softie at this point.

Mr. Softie and the team has given me permission to go in to all the buildings I created in Union Cove to edit them and make them a bit less graphics intensive, and to allow us all to use them legally in dynasties played in Union Cove..  I have finished 24 of them so far.  Here is the link! 

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jimwmftfbtopw/Union_Cove_Rebuilds

To use them, bulldoze the original buildings before starting your dynasty, replace the bulldozed buildings immediately with the edited buildings.  In the case of homes that contain townsfolk, the file includes the unedited people so delete them from your clipboard when you bulldoze.  They will be in their homes when you replace the buildings.

You still need to bulldoze Amberlea Manor and Metro's Mansion, but I found in the past that even removing these wasn't quite enough.  With 24 buildings all having fewer objects my game is running much more smoothly with no lag so far. 

You will also no longer need to add the Arboretum or Vault of Antiquity.  The Arboretum is in the graveyard and the Vault of Antiquity is part of the library.

Thanks team for allowing this!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9860 on: June 25, 2014, 01:48:45 AM »
Mr. Softie and the team has given me permission to go in to all the buildings I created in Union Cove to edit them and make them a bit less graphics intensive, and to allow us all to use them legally in dynasties played in Union Cove..  I have finished 24 of them so far.  Here is the link! 

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jimwmftfbtopw/Union_Cove_Rebuilds

To use them, bulldoze the original buildings before starting your dynasty, replace the bulldozed buildings immediately with the edited buildings.  In the case of homes that contain townsfolk, the file includes the unedited people so delete them from your clipboard when you bulldoze.  They will be in their homes when you replace the buildings.

You still need to bulldoze Amberlea Manor and Metro's Mansion, but I found in the past that even removing these wasn't quite enough.  With 24 buildings all having fewer objects my game is running much more smoothly with no lag so far. 

You will also no longer need to add the Arboretum or Vault of Antiquity.  The Arboretum is in the graveyard and the Vault of Antiquity is part of the library.

Thanks team for allowing this!

Thanks for that Mr Softie and team.

I have already started an ID in Union Cove, but would like to try using Joria's edited buildings in this attempt attempt if I may.

I know that what I'm asking isn't within the rules, but I'd rather not have to get the game back to the point I'm at at the moment if at all possible. :)

If it isn't allowed, I'll just try to go on and play from this point.

EDIT: Oh, one further question. I'm likely to also be putting Union Cove onto my laptop in addition to my gaming desktop, which does not have Showtime, Seasons, Pets, University or Island Paradise, nor any of the stuff packs (except for High End Loft Stuff). Will the lack of any/all of those packs make Union Cove unusable on my laptop?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #9861 on: June 25, 2014, 02:25:21 AM »
Oh, one further question. I'm likely to also be putting Union Cove onto my laptop in addition to my gaming desktop, which does not have Showtime, Seasons, Pets, University or Island Paradise, nor any of the stuff packs (except for High End Loft Stuff). Will the lack of any/all of those packs make Union Cove unusable on my laptop?

The earlier version (V2) absolutely requires Pets. The later V3 (AKA Union Cove Seasons), does not. However, if you don't have every expansion that it contains content  (up through Pets for V2, through Seasons for V3) for on the machine in question, you have to use the separate Save file linked on the download page to start your game with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9862 on: June 25, 2014, 07:09:17 AM »
Well I talked to Carl about this. I suppose at this stage of the Sims 3 life cycle requiring someone to be patched up is not a big deal. FyreByrde your situation seems unique...I mean this has never come up in four years to my knowledge. So I suppose my arm can be twisted for you to do the Immortal Dynasty and not patch up. That's assuming you cannot temporarily patch up as Nutella or Trip requested. I need you to try and do those solutions first. The light is at the end of the tunnel for all things Sims 3. I am a softie at this point.

Aw...you guys are awesome! I think an explanation is necessary here: I hail from South Africa, where not all houses are wired with internet (in fact it's not common at all), and bandwidth is often almost prohibitively expensive.
@Trip: I did try to get a patch from the official site once, but it said I had to connect from the PC which had the game. Maybe it's changed since. I will definitely check it out.

@Metro Man: Softie you may be, but you make awesome challenges! I will let you know, and perhaps sometime in the near future you will be meeting the Byrdes. :)

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9863 on: June 25, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
Also, on a completely different note: In terms of mortal house-members I have a couple of questions:
1. Am I correct in understanding that one can have a non-related, non-romantic, mortal housemate. eg. My founder sim wants her highly-artistic friend to share the house with her?
2. Do children have to be born in wedlock? Which sounds a bit weird, but - for instance - my sim decides she wants a kid but not the deadweight of a spouse hanging around. (Which might sound even weirder considering the complexity of the Spouse's role here, but humour me)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9864 on: June 25, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Hi Fyre Byrde, I am certain my answers here are correct:
1) That is totally fine. They can also invite witches, mermaids, aliens and ghosts to live with them. Genies, Fairies, Werewolves and Vampires can't be a member of your household.

2) For Generation 2-7, the heir is the first born natural birth to two sims living in your house, one of which has to be the founder/heir 2-6 ie founder and spouse --> generation 2; generation 2 and spouse --> generation 3 through to generation 6 and spouse --> generation 7. Generation 7 has to be female and have a spouse who lives outside the house due to space restrictions. After the first born, you are free to have your targeted immortals (any other sims of the appropriate life stages) to produce as many offspring as you like, and with sims inside/outside of your family. Remember, as soon as a sim moves into your controlled family, they can't move out until they die. So, if you bring in Claire Ursine, you also have her daughter, and the daughter has to be there until she dies. If your founder's/targeted immortal's pregnancy results in a multiple birth, the first named nooboo is the heir.

Thank you Zyffyr, I may keep UC off my laptop for the time being then.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9865 on: June 25, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
Thanks for that Mr Softie and team.

I have already started an ID in Union Cove, but would like to try using Joria's edited buildings in this attempt attempt if I may.

I know that what I'm asking isn't within the rules, but I'd rather not have to get the game back to the point I'm at at the moment if at all possible. :)

If it isn't allowed, I'll just try to go on and play from this point.

Mr. Softie and team decided that you are allowed to use Joria's edited buildings on your current immortal dynasty attempt.  Union Cove world is the exception to the no edit town rule after entering live.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9866 on: June 25, 2014, 10:35:02 AM »
Hi Fyre Byrde, I am certain my answers here are correct:
1) That is totally fine. They can also invite witches, mermaids, aliens and ghosts to live with them. Genies, Fairies, Werewolves and Vampires can't be a member of your household.

2) For Generation 2-7, the heir is the first born natural birth to two sims living in your house, one of which has to be the founder/heir 2-6 ie founder and spouse --> generation 2; generation 2 and spouse --> generation 3 through to generation 6 and spouse --> generation 7. Generation 7 has to be female and have a spouse who lives outside the house due to space restrictions. After the first born, you are free to have your targeted immortals (any other sims of the appropriate life stages) to produce as many offspring as you like, and with sims inside/outside of your family. Remember, as soon as a sim moves into your controlled family, they can't move out until they die. So, if you bring in Claire Ursine, you also have her daughter, and the daughter has to be there until she dies. If your founder's/targeted immortal's pregnancy results in a multiple birth, the first named nooboo is the heir.

Thank you Zyffyr, I may keep UC off my laptop for the time being then.

AH yes, I forgot the whole "stay until you die" story. But I was thinking more along the lines of "My founder chooses a good-looking male to have a baby with, but chooses not to invite him to move in." (Yes it sounds mercenary, but I just want to check the limits on this one.)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9867 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »
@FyreByrde: Both parents of an heir have to live in the household (with the exception being generation eight's parents, because generation seven has to be a woman who has a baby out of wedlock). Marriage is optional, living together is not.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #9868 on: June 25, 2014, 06:26:20 PM »
Is there any issues with clones becoming spouses in this one? 

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9869 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »
Not at all. Two of my sims married clones and they have been used in other dynasties (Rhoxi and LivvieLove both have too).

anything