Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941732 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10470 on: December 28, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
@Tomethius: Agnes is everybody's best bet in Sunset Valley for a painter. She's well-loved and even more used for that and her riches.

I know the feeling of failing from portraits. It happened to new once before. But never let failure get to you either. Just take a breath and start again!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tomethius

• Nooboo
« Reply #10471 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
Thanks! And yea, not gonna let this one fail stop me. BTW, there is a way to make a child a certain gender, correct?
EDIT: I can't grammar at all today

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10472 on: December 28, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »
@Tomethius: Yes. When your mother is pregnant, she should eat apples for a boy and watermelons for a girl. There's a lot of differing opinions on how much fruit the mother should eat, but I do at least twenty of what I need. Just queue it up! Enough fruit can replace meals. ;)

Also, meals made with certain fruits (like apple pancakes or apple cobbler) should have no bearing on the baby's sex, but you can never be too careful.

Offline Tomethius

• Nooboo
« Reply #10473 on: December 28, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
Watermellons and apples...why those fruit in particular is a question I have, but one that I probably won't ever learn. But they make about as much sense as other urban legends.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10474 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
So my Generation 2 heir is a young adult. He managed to reach level 10 painting and inventing skills as a teen, and level 8 or 9 sculpting skill as a teen. Since becoming a young adult, he maxed and supermaxed his sculpting skill. He has received one painting skill opportunity (deliver a painting to China) and 2 school opportunities (stinky bugs, and Precious Metals Scavenger Hunt) but no sculpting opportunities. Somehow, he has picked up celebrity stars (at school, I think) and so almost every second hour he gets offered a celebrity opportunity. I'm desperately wanting sculpting opportunities for him.

I've decided to accept a celebrity opportunity so they don't keep on popping up on me. Is that likely to encourage skill based opportunities to be offered?

I suppose I can always turn to a rabbit hole career and get the opportunities that way. Business has lots of opportunities, doesn't it? However, I really want sculpting skill opportunities?

Anything legal I can do to try to encourage sculpting skill based opportunities?

PS I have checked and suppress opportunities is not selected. I have also recently cleared caches and so forth. Generation 3 is currently in the tummy of Generation 2's wife, and Generation 2 is a week off becoming an adult, so I have time.

Dek

@Tomethius Apples - the thing in the throat called Adam's Apple. Watermelon - there is a comment (if you have memories turned on) about something like that baby being the size of a watermelon. I wonder if it has something to do with that.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10475 on: March 22, 2017, 09:07:09 PM »
@Deklitch: There's still the possibility of sculpting ops but I'd definitely take whatever you can. Business is a very safe choice in that regard.

As for encouraging sculpting ops, all I can think of doing is actively using the skill. Which is likely is. [shrug]

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10476 on: March 27, 2017, 03:45:48 AM »
This may have been asked, but that's a lot of pages. Lol

I've toyed with doing this challenge a few times, but always got overwhelmed, but after reading Pam's Dreamweaver story, I really want to try. But I have a major problem with pudding face townies. I know I can't stop it all, but at the start of the game, when I'm editing town for buildings can I put some of my own Sims in town to hopefully breed and give me better genetics,?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10477 on: March 27, 2017, 06:04:25 AM »
Sadly, that isn't allowed if you want to go for Hall of Fame.

You can do things like bring extra premade males into your household and have them make nooboos with premade females outside the house, which will help maintain townie blood for longer in the game.

High Science Skill (assuming you have University Life installed) would allow you to get DNA from sims and use them for spouses.

@Trip has far more experience than me in keeping townie DNA continuing in Sims 3.

Of course, if you aren't going for Hall of Fame, you are welcome to do whatever you like including mods to enable townies to breed and to include additional sims.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10478 on: March 27, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
Sadly, that isn't allowed if you want to go for Hall of Fame.

You can do things like bring extra premade males into your household and have them make nooboos with premade females outside the house, which will help maintain townie blood for longer in the game.

High Science Skill (assuming you have University Life installed) would allow you to get DNA from sims and use them for spouses.

@Trip has far more experience than me in keeping townie DNA continuing in Sims 3.

Of course, if you aren't going for Hall of Fame, you are welcome to do whatever you like including mods to enable townies to breed and to include additional sims.

Ah. Thank you. What is the hall of Fame? Sadly, I'm pretty against townies sims so I'll likely forego the hall of fame, but still curious what it is.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10479 on: March 27, 2017, 05:58:25 PM »
Ah. Thank you. What is the hall of Fame? Sadly, I'm pretty against townies sims so I'll likely forego the hall of fame, but still curious what it is.
The Sims 3 Dynasty Hall of fame is a listing of all the players  who have successfully completed one of the Sims 3 Dynasty Challenges - Immortal, Townie, Lifestates, 4x4 or Domination - and a description of their thoughts on the process and how they went about it.

If you don't want to have townies as part of the bloodline, the Sims 3 Domination Dynasty may be more your thing. Basically you create a male and female sim who marry each other and have kids (either through birth or cloning vouchers and takeover the town from the existing townies. Here is the Domination Dynasty Ruleset.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10480 on: March 27, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »
@Deklitch: Thanks a ton for jumping in to answer questions. I still check these boards but you beat me. ;)

I did a write-up on how I do it, about three years ago (if there are any mistakes, it's stuck in a Google account I can't access. Sorry). It's tailored towards Immortal Dynasties but needs little tailoring to suit other dynasties where you can pollinate. It's hard. It can easily distract from other dynasty goals. But it's pretty fun to see genetics develop too.

EDIT: just realized that it's not what you want either. Oops. :-[

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10481 on: March 28, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
The Sims 3 Dynasty Hall of fame is a listing of all the players  who have successfully completed one of the Sims 3 Dynasty Challenges - Immortal, Townie, Lifestates, 4x4 or Domination - and a description of their thoughts on the process and how they went about it.

If you don't want to have townies as part of the bloodline, the Sims 3 Domination Dynasty may be more your thing. Basically you create a male and female sim who marry each other and have kids (either through birth or cloning vouchers and takeover the town from the existing townies. Here is the Domination Dynasty Ruleset.

That dynasty does look fun as well. I'll dig into it deeper. Any chance anyone knows a complete story on that dynasty, like Pam's Dreamweaver dynasty story? I like reading challenges or seeing LP's of challenges cause it helps me understand the rules completely.

Speaking of rules. I am going ahead with the Immortal dynasty (mainly cause I've never done the ambrosia thing and it seems fun) and understand I can't do the hall of fame, but I have a question. I completely forgot that you can't travel until the 2nd gen becomes YA and I had founders travel to China before she was even pregnant. I realized my mistake right after I bought a chest, books, and a couple things for adventuring and was just about to accept my first adventure. I didn't, and immediately sent them home... question... did I fail? Should I just start over? I'll be really heartbroken to have to.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10482 on: March 29, 2017, 12:57:04 AM »
If you're not going for hall of fame, feel free to keep on going. You have technically 'failed', but if you're having fun, keep on going! 😊

I know some people have finished domination dynasty, among them @KRae and hers are always good to read!

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10483 on: March 29, 2017, 12:49:17 PM »
Thank you! :)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #10484 on: April 11, 2017, 08:18:39 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been asked already. I was told the only way for sims born in game to get freckles, beauty marks, or proper wrinkles, is to use a cheat to edit them in Create a Sim. Now I know, I am tempted to do this. If I had a sim, and I thought she would have a mole near her eye, or a sim who really aged terribly when he hit elder. Would that count as a rule break or a challenge fail to edit them in CAS to add the aging/beauty marks? It wouldn't technically give me any advantage in game, just allow sims to look more realistic.