Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941411 times)

Offline revolution724

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1395 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:05 PM »
Oh well, that's ok really.  I'll have a chance to do some things differently in attempt #3, which I've just started, having learned from some mistakes anyway. (For one, never leave ambrosia unattended even for a moment if you have a ghost on the lot.  ::) ) It actually seems a little easier to get going with a male founder, since he doesn't have his career so interrupted by pregnancy, but he had a good chase winning him the bride I picked out for him, haha!  I am finding it a challenge to keep up with all my Sims going at once with the new non-rabbit-hole Ambitions professions (well, not new-new, but I just got it a couple of weeks ago), but they're interesting anyway.

I've been starting with cooking and just accepting the fact that gardening cannot be supermaxed because my founder needs both, fwiw.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1396 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
I've been starting with cooking and just accepting the fact that gardening cannot be supermaxed because my founder needs both, fwiw.

What is fwiw?  Please don't use abbreviations like that on the Forum.  They can be difficult to understand.

In my Dynasty, gardening is my founder's SuperMax skill and cooking is the one that all the Immortals can max if they want to.  It's working out pretty well.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1397 on: November 22, 2010, 11:23:24 PM »
Sorry about that.  It means "for what it's worth."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1398 on: November 23, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »
Sorry if this has been questioned before but I need to know. Does the Collection Helper count as one LTHR if no others buy it? Since Diana has Super Green Thumb and is working towards the No Bills one, if she is allowed the Collection Helper that would be her 3.

Diana got the Collection Helper early on this time, she is about 4 Days from Adult. She has 3 of 8 perfects and has 3/4 Money trees growing. I also found what I expect is a Plasma Seed since it glows a red colour.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1399 on: November 23, 2010, 02:16:19 AM »
Yes, the Collection Helper can count as one of the 3 Lifetime Rewards as long as nobody else buys it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1400 on: November 23, 2010, 02:32:41 AM »
If I lose it can Diana buy it again?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1401 on: November 23, 2010, 02:34:55 AM »
If I lose it can Diana buy it again?

Yes, no reason why not.  As long as Diana is the only one buying it.  I've done that in my Dynasty.  I've got a few Collection Helpers and they were all bought by Carina. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1402 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:42 AM »
But others can use it right? One can keep buying it and passing them on to others in household, I hope. Also, mortals can buy whatever LTR including those immortals unique, meaning spouse can buy moodlet manager and give it to others to use it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1403 on: November 23, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »
Yes, that is correct.  You can pass them around and buy as many as you want as long as only the one immortal buys them.  Or a mortal can buy them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1404 on: November 23, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
What is fwiw?  Please don't use abbreviations like that on the Forum.  They can be difficult to understand.

In my Dynasty, gardening is my founder's SuperMax skill and cooking is the one that all the Immortals can max if they want to.  It's working out pretty well.

Pam could you clarify something for me. In the above post you say that cooking is the one that immortals can max if they want to. I thought that once an immortal maxed a skill no other Immortals can max it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1405 on: November 23, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Pam could you clarify something for me. In the above post you say that cooking is the one that immortals can max if they want to. I thought that once an immortal maxed a skill no other Immortals can max it.

Rachel

I'm not Pam, but I think the point is that in Pam's Dynasty she has chosen to not have cooking be one of the SuperMax skills.  The SuperMax skills are the only ones that other Immortals can't reach level 10 in.  Other than whatever 8 skills are your SuperMaxes (one for each of the 8 generations), all other skills may be maximized by any and all of the Immortals.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1406 on: November 23, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
Oh I get it now I guess the mortals cook the ambrosia then as you need to be level ten to learn the recipe. I do the same with fishing I let the mortals do the fishing not that you need a very high level to catch death fish.
I was just confused for a minute or two which doesn't take a lot.

Rachel

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1407 on: November 23, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »
Actually, any of Pam's Immortals could reach level 10 in cooking and make ambrosia - since it isn't one of her SuperMax skills, they can all maximize cooking.  In my Dynasty, I've chosen to have cooking as a SuperMax skill, which means only that one Immortal is allowed to reach level 10 cooking.  But I'm not having gardening as one of the SuperMaxes, so several of my Dynasty members have maximized that skill.  It all depends on what you choose for your SuperMax skills.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1408 on: November 23, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
For some reason I thought once an immortal maxed a skill then no other immortals could max it. Phew this information is going to make life a lot easier in the Smith household from now on. Thanks for that.
So just to clarify all my immortals could max handiness if they wanted but none of them could use it as their supermax skill.

Rachel

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1409 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »
So just to clarify all my immortals could max handiness if they wanted but none of them could use it as their supermax skill.

Rachel

That's right.  Have you been trying to keep the Immortals from maximizing non-Supermax skills?  If so, life in your Dynasty should be a lot easier now that you know you don't need to worry about that!  ;D