ladybug53 - The Henderson Family
2 (18.2%)
Clementine - The Abonda Family
6 (54.5%)
chetanhaobijam - Gupta's Family
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 19, 2013, 09:28:06 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS
« on: October 31, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »

CAS Contests 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS

The Situation:
You know the problem.  Sometimes Story Progression just falls down on the job.  You're looking for a prospective mate for the young Sims in your game, and where are all the children in town?  City Hall in Sunset Valley has decided to do something about this situation.  To encourage families with children to settle in SV, they are making this beautiful house available for free, to the right family.

This traditional Tudor style home boasts roomy, well-appointed rooms and a kitchen that is a chef's delight.  It has three bedrooms and three bathrooms, ample space for a large family.

Your Task:
Your task is to create a family to take advantage of Sunset Valley's offer of free real estate.  What sort of family would be perfectly suited to Ye Olde Tudor manor house?  Your family should include two Sims of YA age or older and at least three children.  If you wish, your family can include as many as six children.  The children can be any age up to Teens.  The adults (YA to Elder age) can be a married couple, Elder parent and YA child, or any other relationship you wish.  Life state/s are also up to you.  Include a short explanation as to why you feel your family should be the lucky recipients of this free home.

Screenshots:  For this contest, your entry thread can have as many as 15 screenshots.  As always, only one screenshot should be posted in this thread.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 1st November, 2013 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 14th November, 2013 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and ratchie.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »
The Henderson Family
by ladybug53

Expansions Used : Into the Future - Showtime - Ambitions - University Life - Island Paradise - Supernatural - Generations
Stuff packs Used : Master Suite - Movie Stuff
No CCs or Mods were used

Biography : Patrick and Rene Henderson have been working hard to raise a growing family . One day , while at work and the children in school , Sunset Valley had the largest meteor shower recorded in history to date . Luckily there was only the toddler and baby sitter in the house at the time . Several huge meteors landed on the Henderson's home causing a fire to break out . The sitter had taken Eric , the toddler outside just in time . The Henderson's home was not spared though , as by the time the fire department arrived on the scene most of the house was engulfed in flames . The sad part is , that nothing could be saved from the rubble . The Henderson family is thankful though that no one was hurt . They only have a few basic item to get by with donated by the good people of Sunset valley . They are now in desperate need of a home .

Download Link and family photos : The Henderson Family
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
Gupta's Family
by chetanhaobijam

Content used: Base Game Only.

When their lovely house was caught on fire and the fire completely burned down the house, they had no choice, but to buy a small plot and live in it. Generous of the local neighbors, a small house was built on the plot. But the house was not fit for all of the family members. Some had to sleep on the couch and the toddler had to sleep on the floor everyday. Because of the lack of space, they couldn't live peacefully. So, they are in great need of a nice and comfortable house that has enough space for all the family members and they could live peacefully and enjoy in it. They are now hoping for this dream to be fulfilled.

You can download and view the family photos here.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Clementine

• Nooboo
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS - The Abonda Family
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:44 PM »
The Abonda Family
by Clementine

Expansions Possibly Used: World Adventures - Ambitions - Generations - Pets - Showtime - Supernatural -  Seasons - University Life
No CCs or Mods were used

Biography: The Abondas had it all... until they didn't. Xavier was a prosperous genie-turned-gardener until a mysterious palm reader, enraged that he couldn't grant her wishes, cursed him to grow only putrid produce. Xanthe runs a home daycare center, but business has fallen off since her clients, disastrously, realized she's a vampire. Byron, their teenage son, has a good heart, although he's going through some teen angst. His parents can tolerate the pink mohawk, but not the C average. The triplet toddlers are angels, each a unique snowflake, but there seems something off about their little brother Fflewellyn - he's been avoiding sunshine and favoring black clothing.

When they lost their old house in their financial crisis, the Abondas fashioned a former junkyard into their new home sweet home. It's not all bad: lots of junk to scavenge from and dumpsters to dive in, and even a pool... well, a small pit of slimy water. Xanthe and Xavier are a bit worried about the kids having access to that. Oh, and also the old abandoned appliances. And that weird hole in the ground. Okay, basically, their home is a dump. They really, really need a nice home in which to make a fresh start. They dream of things like having more than three walls... not having to go to the gym for showers... not dying of hypothermia. You know, the little things in life. If anybody could use that Sunset Valley house, it's the poor Abondas!

Download link and photos

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
The contest is now closed.  We have three fantastic entries, so be sure to vote for the one you think should win!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 15 - Story Progression SOS - Winner Announced!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
And we have a winner!  Congratulations to Clementine for her entry "The Abonda Family"!

This thread is now open for comments.  Please comment on an entry only if the person has requested feedback, and remember to keep comments constructive and positive.

Edit:  I'm afraid I forgot to put in the usual place-holder post for the winner's statement.  I apologize for the oversight.  Here's the winner's statement from Clementine, who has just won her first CAS Contest:

I'm so pleased to win this contest, especially with such enjoyable other entries. I liked doing a CAS challenge where the justification for winning pretty much had to be in the story and props. Great fun!

And the winning entry can be seen just above this post. 

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
Congratulations Clementine for winning your first ever contest. I am amazed that you got your first win in your first ever contest entry. Great work. For me, I am open to comments, feedback and suggestions.

by Swirl~Girl

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Congratulations Clementine ! Your entry was amazing !

Thank you Schipperke and ratchie for such a fun contest .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)

@ chetanhaobijam - I thought your contest entry was brilliant . Love your biography . Great work and bravo for doing such amazing work with only Base game .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »
@ chetanhaobijam - I thought your contest entry was brilliant . Love your biography . Great work and bravo for doing such amazing work with only Base game .  :)
Thanks ladybug53. I also like the biography of Henderson's family. It is both funny and nice to see that we both choose the same plot/land as the home of the the poor families.

by Swirl~Girl