Author Topic: Clan Douglas Dynasty (Finished)  (Read 203088 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Clan Douglas Dynasty
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
Sorry for the twins!  I really think we should be allowed to remove accidental spares, especially at this point in your dynasty.  I feel badly for poor Mojo.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
When Mojo's mother dies that would leave seven Sims in the house, right, so when Mojo marries wouldn't that bring the total up to Eight Sims again meaning he couldn't reproduce until his twin dies. Or have I got that all totally wrong.

Great story though I can't wait to see what happens next

Rachel

Thanks, Rachel.  Mojo's grandfather is still alive at this point, so when he dies there will be 7 sims in the household, making it possible for Mojo to marry but not reproduce.  I'm sorry that wasn't clear.  He can't have a child until either his mother or his twin dies.  I don't like hoping for a sim to die, but at this point I'm really hoping Mojo's mother doesn't turn out to be one of those very long-lived sims.  Kind of reminds me of a certain family in Britain, him waiting for his mother to die - maybe I should have called him Charles!  (shame on me)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »
Its a pity you can't send your elderly Sims to a retirement home or something. I think that the waiting for a Sim to die so you can carry on will be a problem that most dynasties will face at some point especially generation seven.
As you will have seven immortals plus most likely spouse to number six and mum to number seven. So you would have to wait for the seven generations parent to die before they could reproduce. Plus seventh generation has to be a girl so you might be cutting it fine to reproduce. I would say best idea of top of my head is to make generation six have a baby as close to elder birthday as possible that way they would die earlier. Wow that sounded harsh.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »
It will definitely get tricky in the last generations.  We can't allow any Sims to be moved out, though.  It's just part of the challenge to deal with what the game throws at us.  Great story, Schipperke.  I'm enjoying it very much.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 02:37:03 AM »
Just be carefull with generation 6, Zelda got pregnant as adult, 8 days before birthday to elder, and she become elder while child was toddler. She died on 94 day while her son was in middle of teen age. Even with longlife mortal situation, it still wouldn't' be a problem. So Gen 6 should have offspring when mortal spouse come close to elder age. ;)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
The Continuing Adventures of Sleuth Douglas:  Sleuth’s Wife Gets SWAPped

Life continues to throw challenges at Sleuth Douglas.  On the plus side, he gets his 6 BlackOps and walks out of the police station, vowing never to return.  Finally he can follow his dream of being an artist.  He is very proud of his two little boys, and the whole family helps look after them.  But he is feeling more and more stressed from trying to deal with his wife’s temper.  She is beginning to alienate the other family members, and he just doesn’t know what to do.  James comes up to him, muttering something that Sleuth has to lean in to hear.

James:  “Sleuth, my boy, something has to be done about Jenna.   She yells at people when they’re trying to be nice to her, and she really hurt Wimsey’s feelings the other day.”
Sleuth (miserably):  “I know, I know!  But I just don’t know what to do.  When I try to talk to her about it, she tells me my mother is a llama.”
James:  “I have a plan.”  (raising his voice) “Jenna, Sleuth and I are going for a drive.  It would be great if you’d join us.”

They pull up in front of the library. 

James:  “Jenna, Sleuth and I are going to catch a few fish.  There are some people in the library that are hoping to meet you.  They’re waiting for you.  We’ll pick you up in about an hour.”
Jenna looks at her husband but Sleuth just stands there looking at James, avoiding eye contact with her.

Jenna trudges up the library steps.  She wonders what her husband and his crazy old relative have gotten her into.  She is feeling angrier and angrier.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Inside the library a group of people is waiting for her.  

They call out:  “Welcome to SWAP!”
Jenna thinks:  Swap?  What is this, some kind of wife swapping cult?  I’ll kill that old man!
Jenna recognizes one of the group members - Felisha, who tried unsuccessfully to snare Sleuth before he married Jenna.  
Felisha:  “No, Jenna, not “swap” - “S.W.A.P.”  It’s an acronym - Sims With Awful Personalities.”
Another person speaks up:  “We’re a self-help group.  Our mission is to help Sims with awful personality traits change.  But only if they want to change, of course.”
Jenna is utterly appalled.  Awful personality?  Her?  This is clearly a terrible mistake.  When she sees James again, she will make sure he dies slowly and painfully.  She is Charismatic and Family-Oriented.  How dare that useless old man send her here!
Out loud, Jenna says:  “I’ve never heard of your group.  How long have you been meeting here?”
The guy in the blue-and-white striped sweater says:  “This group is new.  The new owner of the library invited us to start a group.  I came over from France to help the group get started.”
Jenna is really fuming now.  James is responsible for this stupid group!  She might have known.

Striped sweater says:  “Time for the meeting to start.  Jenna, newcomers don’t have to share unless they want to.  Feel free to just listen.”

Jenna plans to spend the time plotting her revenge against James and her husband.  But despite herself, she finds herself being moved by the stories she hears.  She uncomfortably remembers times when she yelled at sims who were just trying to be nice to her.  And how she always left a puddle in the bathroom for someone else to clean up.  Her self-righteousness begins to melt away as she takes stock of her actions.  She feels ashamed.

When her turn comes, she speaks up loudly:  “My name is Jenna, and I am a Sim with an awful personality.  I want to change, but I don’t know how.  Can you tell me how to SWAP my personality traits?”

Striped sweater says:  “Wanting to change is the first step, Jenna.  But are you sure you really want to change?  Do you want it badly enough to give up your dreams of becoming dirt defiant?  Do you want it enough to do without a steel bladder?  Are you willing to let go of being a legendary host?  Change will cost you a whopping 20,000 happiness points.  Are you certain you want to take this step?”  

Jenna is certain.  Her self-respect and the love of her family matter more to her than any of those things.  “YES!”  she shouts, and everyone cheers and claps.

Jenna walks out into the sunshine with a smile on her face, feeling like a new woman.  She looks for James, to give him a friendly hug and thank him for starting the group to help her.  She thinks how much fun it will be to go home and clean something.  And she even feels smarter than before - perhaps she may even be a genius!  She is glad she has been SWAPped.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
So what are her new traits?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »

Read the last paragraph again.  The clues about her new traits are there.

@Schipperke:  Awesome update!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »

Pam's right - I dropped a few hints.  Her new traits are Neat, Genius (because her LTW is to reach the top of the Law Enforcement career), Schmoozer, Bookworm, and Eccentric (because I want an inventor in the household).

Pam, thanks very much for the comment.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2010, 07:55:17 AM »
That is so cool how you put that twist in there.  So many minds, so many stories.  Great update.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
The Continuing Adventures of Sleuth Douglas” or, “Deceived!

James goes down to the basement and finds Sleuth sitting alone drinking nectar.

James sits down and takes a glass.
James:  I wouldn’t say anything against Wimsey, she’s a fine person and an excellent sculptor, but these ice chairs definitely weren’t one of her better ideas.  It always takes me a couple of hours to warm up after sitting on one of them.  So, is there some particular reason why you’re down here, freezing and drinking all alone?
Sleuth:  Jenna lied to me.
James:  Oh?
Sleuth:  I thought she was younger than I am, and I just found out she’s a lot older.  She deceived me.  I don’t think she ever really loved me.

James:  Steady on, there, lad!  So you didn’t know she was a mature student, but that’s hardly Jenna’s fault.
Sleuth:  I think she just married me for my money.
James, sharply:  Now, that’s pure self-pity, Sleuth, and you know it.  Why, Jenna gave up a lot of happiness points to be the kind of wife you wanted, and she was a very good sport about that SWAP business that we sprung on her.
Sleuth:  But why didn’t she tell me she was older than me?  I wouldn’t have cared.  It just hurts that she wasn’t honest with me.
James:  Sleuth, when Jenna came to live with us, she had accumulated zero happiness points.  What does that tell you about what her life must have been like before?  That poor child had no happiness at all before she came to live with us.  She was probably afraid you’d reject her if you knew she was older.  You are being much too harsh on her.  She needs you to understand her, not judge her.
Sleuth:  I guess.
James:  That’s better.  Now, what about those two fine lads of yours, eh?  Christie ‘s been looking for you to help her teach them to talk.  Off you go!

[Editor’s note:  If anyone is wondering what this chapter is all about, please see the Immortal Dynasty thread in the Challenges section, page  94]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
Late at night, after the mortal members of the household are asleep, the Immortals hold their meeting.  This meeting is a happy occasion, for they are celebrating the induction of another Immortal.  Christie passes with flying colours and finally will get to eat some of that tasty Ambrosia she has been preparing.

Christie Douglas, Immortal #3

Traits:  Good, Friendly, Photographer’s Eye, Natural Cook, Bookworm
LTW:  Culinary Librarian
SuperMax Skill:  Cooking
BlackOps:  2 school opportunities, 4 Culinary track opportunities
Unique LTRs:  Food Replicator, Collection Helper, Stone Hearted
Purchases:  Little Corsican Bistro, Sunset Institute of Modern Art
Immortal at age 73 days.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
The Terrible Twos

The title is just a term often applied to two-year olds.  It does not say anything about these particular two-year olds.  I think.

Mojo, the heir and intended Immortal:

Radar, the __what?___  The spare, the embarrassing mistake, the unfortunate younger brother whose only destiny is to die, preferably as soon as possible to free up space for someone more important?  I hate this.

This is the first time I’ve ever zoomed in close enough to really see the baby bottle.  I always thought the bottle was just green, but if you look closely, the top of the bottle is clear - it is the liquid in the bottle that’s that revolting colour.  Which begs the question:  what on earth do they put in Simmy baby bottles?  Maybe this is the reason Sims act so strangely at times.

Mojo on the left, Radar on the right.  Jenna was supposed to bring red hair into the line, but we have more black hair.  Oh well.  (Yes, I know I can change the colour of their hair, but I prefer to let them have their natural colour.  The only time I change their hair colour is when they become elders and suddenly look decrepit and ancient.  I figure they‘re entitled to a little dye job at that point.)

At this point, the only difference I can see between them is that Mojo’s skin colour is a little darker.  If they continue to look a lot alike as they age up, I may have to stop dressing them the same.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »
My heart is already breaking for poor Radar.  Those boys are so adorable.  My "other" dynasty, (playing for fun in BB), is currently preggers so I'm hoping no twins although her spouse has constantly had the radio on playing Kidz.

I LOVED the way you got the better traits for Jenna.  She is definitely going to be a big asset to the family now.  Poor thing.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything