Author Topic: The Thorndike Chronicles (Graveyard Please)  (Read 4655 times)

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Don't you....FORGET ABOUT ME!
The Thorndike Chronicles (Graveyard Please)
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
*Quick Note From The Author* Hi! I'm River Bear, nice to meet you. Before I start the story, I want to make a quick disclaimer. None of the CC or World is mine. If you want a link to the sites where I got them, reply and I'll give you the link. Also I'm new to the forums so any constructive criticism is VERY much welcome (I want to get better to make my stories better ;)). Alright, with housekeeping out of the way let the show begin!

Chapter 1.1 - Crash and Burn{Prologue}

The Looking Glass So Shiny And New

'This can't happen. This CAN NOT happen. To have the perfect life that I, the Flirty, Funny, Party Lover, built around me. Wasn't it just last week that every Sim in Bridgeport want to party with me. Every girl wanted to date me, Every guy wanted to hang with me. I was a Greek god, a statue of the finest marble, only to be reduced to a pile of dust with the those three dreadful words. To wake up one morning after a long night of clubbing by a simple call as long as three words and a meeting that change me.'

'She called, we meet up, she showed me proof, told me of that one night stand she had a week ago, found me, wanted to let me know. To Know?! TO KNOW?! Oh, I wish she hadn't let me know, I wish she never called, but what I wished most for was that this never happen. That this was all a bad dream, made from one to many late night juices. But here I am, lying a cold sweat and wishing, the day before I move away from Bridgeport, from the bars and clubs, from the old Vance Thorndike who danced like mad and never had a care in the world. They're gone and I'm never getting them back.'  

How Quickly The Glamour Fades
"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
Re: The Thorndike Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Off to a good start! Your writing when you typed or wrote that, it was hard for me to read! ( no offense, but I have bad vision :) )

Avery :)
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Great start! I would reccomend though that you stick to normal text =/ It's a bit hard to read the way you have it. Also, if you're going to have a border on the pictures, make the picture itself a little bigger so we can see properly. Otherwise, great start! I love it already and can't wait for more. Our little founder is in a spot, isn't he? Haha.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »
Oh yes, full of ideas :)

Avery ;)

- Avery

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
welcome to the forum! I will read your story for a long time!

- Avery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, OldRiverBear.

As the others have already mentioned the problem with your font, the Stories Rules state that normal sized default black font should be used.  You may use 12pt font for the body of the story and up to 14pt font for any titles.  I'm going to fix your first post so that it complies with the rules for stories.  If you have any questions, please send me a private message.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
*Quick Note From Author* Thank you all so much for reading, this really inspires me. Thank you for font advice, I tend to get really creative when comes to starting stories so I'll try to keep to the rules  :) Sorry about that. Anyway in the coming chapters I might do something a little bit crazy and dramatic, a bit out of the ordinary legacy story so a forewarning about that. With all said and done, let the story resume!

Chapter 1.2 - New Frontier

Welcome to the (adequately name) Storybrook Country, where our little couple moved. Bridgeport was all Glitz and Glamour, not a very safe place for families. It was Brittany's idea to raise a family in Storybrook, with it's country flare and it's homely citizens. The one thing that the two never would guess was that a hour and a half away was the city, small but it's lights would always shine over the mountains at night.

Brittany: "Ain't this nice Vance, we got the whole place to our selfs!"
 Vance: "Yeah, except one thing"
 Brittany: "What's that?"
 Vance: "It's a FARM!"

There's only one way to break in the new lot...

Great time to have some family bonding as any.

A little while after the paper girl brought the paper and since a pregnant sim can't work, the bread and butter making relied on Vance. He had a choice between being a police snitch and being in the military, and as far as he knows he likes his hair, so snitching it was. With whatever pocket money the kids had they tried to create a suitable environment for the child.

Brittany: "At least we have a crib...."
  Vance: " The kid can breath in that fresh farm air anytime!"
  Brittany: *glares*
  Vance: "What? I was trying to be positive!"

With the estate settled and vocation picked, The Thorndikes were left to wander their new home. Vance instantly went to the spring festival and the kissing booths while Brittany, on the contrary, went to the library to work on her writing skill. With the income the household was getting, royalties were a good chance to get money.

Brittany: "Wait, what's the difference between your and you're? Oh well, I'll use both"

After a day of exploration, the two headed back, well Brittany headed back. Vance has a way of getting back into old habits.

"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
Chapter 1.3 - Gone

Around this time, Brittany and Vance had gather quite the following and become well know in the small town, with both of them being attractive and new. So during the night after a exhausting day working on her new book, which she refuses to discuss with anyone and keeps the whole thing a secret, Brittany slept like a bear the minute her head hit the pillow. Around the middle of the night, Vance return as well. Reeking of juice, he crashed on the bed and hit the hay too. The couple had suddenly had a visitor and he had no trouble getting in considering how open the house was. By the time Vance woke up, the peeping tom had enough pictures to fill a entire album. For once, he did the responsible and manly thing.

Vance: "WHO SAID YOU CAN TAKE MY PICTURE WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT!"

Luckily, No Morals Vance took a bribe from one of the criminals at work, so we got started on fixing that wide open space problem.

Brittany: "It's a box."
  Vance: "But at least it's not a cardboard box."
  Brittany: "That is true."

Soon after, Brittany had a bestseller and the couple had a bit more money to spend. It was great timing because Brittany started getting those stomach cramps and five minutes later...

Welcome home, Joey Thorndike!

The new baby was a bit of a hassle, making it harder for Brittany to work on her new novel, so we decided to have a take-your-child-to-work day at the library.

The person who had it rough was probably Vance since Joey cried almost every night. He was the one who took care of him at night and worked during the day and went off to the pub for some late night drinking. Then, one day as any other, Vance got up and went to work and simply vanished. Rumors say he holds up with the girls he meets and goes partying at night. One thing is sure though, that he never came back and never gave Brittany and little Joey the child support they needed.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »
Chapter 1.4: Stand Your Ground

Even though Vance was gone, Brittany and Joey had bigger issues ahead. Besides, Brittany knew Vance would turn tail before Joey was born. All she needed from him was his cash and signature to buy land in Storybrook. With no steady income coming through, Brittany had to step up with her writing career and spent each day at the library, toiling away at whatever she could write. Since she couldn't afford a babysitter, she always took Joey with her and letter play in the child section of the library.

At least the poor (literally) kid can play with the skill toys while Momma Brittany tries to bring in the money with her new book. But it's not all sad, Brittany makes enough time to properly raise Joey by teaching him to walk, talk, poop, etc. No matter what, Brittany loves Joey with every beat of her heart.

Soon, book #2 is out and she got her publishing bonus which she spent on the necessities, which was a TV, chair and Joey's very own toys.

Brittany: "Ah, This is what I call the good life"

Even with that, Brittany still worked hard on writing, especially when the temperature dropped and the house felt like a meat locker. Joey still plays with the toys in the child section even though he already maxed out the skill. He works with what he got, exactly what you expect from the son of a writer!

A few days later, Joey had his birthday. Brittany managed to save up enough cash to buy him a cake. He aged up into a cute kid, having more of his dad's looks(Where Brittany hope's the similarity ends there). With Joey aged up, he helped out around the house by cleaning and making sure his mother got enough food and sleep. 

Joey: "We may be poor but we are definitely not pigs."

When the week's royalties came in, The two managed to improve their living standards, but not by much.

Brittany and Joey, in order to save money, had to share a bed so each night was a little cozy.

Joey: "Mom, scoot over."
  Brittany: *snore* "You scoot over."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
Hello Joey! What a cutie! 8) 8) 8)

- Avery

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
Ahhh, Joey's so cute! I love how much he cares. Yes, let's hope that's the only thing he has in common with his father. >.>

He's the founder though, so by all rights, he should be coming back...right?

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
Chapter 1.5 - Christmas

Ah, It was a stressful year but the festive day has arrived. Both Brittany and Joey decided to put behind their financial woes behind them and splurge a little. Brittany got up early and made the household Christmas breakfast.

Joey: "What did you make these pancakes out of?"
  Brittany: "Everything from the fridge, which was basically just old cereal, frozen yogurt and some synthetic apples."
  Joey: "Yum!"

The pair spent the day out at the winter festival, mooching off the free entertainment and making some family memories.

Brittany: "Be careful with those skates kiddo, the guy told me that we break them, we buy them and NO way I'm spending 20 bucks on a pair of cheap broken skates."

It was just then that a Christmas miracle happened(Sadly, money did not rain down like snow as Brittany wished it.). When Brittany and Joey came home, Santa left them a present waiting near the door.

Joey: "Look mom! Santa left us a Christmas tree!"
  Brittany: "If Santa can leave us a tiny tree, then how come he can't pay my electric bills!?
"

As Christmas was nearing a end, The two dig in Christmas dinner (Which was just pie Brittany earned from making the best snowman at the festival) and opened up their presents.

Joey: "Did you get me that new bike I wanted?"
  Brittany: "We just ate cold pie that I won from some contest, do you really think I can afford a new bike? Anyway I got you something better."
  Joey: "Then what's that?"
  Brittany: "You're very own pet rock!"
  Joey: *Glares*
  Brittany: "Hey, they were a big hit in the 70's!"

So Joey went out into the fields to play with his newfound inexpensive friend while Brittany ran off to pawn the newfound tree.

Joey: "Don't worry, uh, Rocky, I won't let mom pawn you off as she did with my block set."

And so Joey and Rocky went on many magical and fantastic adventures together until two weeks later when Brittany pawned off Rocky to pay for gas.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
Ahaha. Pet rock! That's cute. All of my Sim kids want pet rocks and then when Joey got one, he doesn't want it. Irony.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »
Too bad santa can't pay the bills we have :P. great job with the story!

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »

Chapter 1.6 - Hormones

After Christmas, It was time for Joey to age up. With the Christmas cash Brittany had saved up she bought Joey a store made cake. When Joey became a teen he did not quite receive the welcoming embrace one should receive after becoming a teen.

Brittany: "Yeesh kiddo, How about that hug after you change the whole Millhouse look."

Since the weekly royalties less then adequately pay the bills, Joey that it be high time to, oh I don't know, get a JOB. He figured he can save up for that chess table that he wanted without having to worry about it being repossessed.

Joey: "After all those years of practically living in the library, my knowledge of mediocre books are about to pay off."

Speaking of mediocre books, Brittany finished book #3 around the same time and was highly pleased.

Too bad a familiar face had to ruin the moment for everyone.

A little later in the week, Prom happened and Joey decided to enjoy his youth. Apparently, Joey's best friend Jonathan from elementary school came too and they decided to have a bit of a fling. During the weekend on Joey's day off from work, he invited Johnny boy over for the typical make out session that is required of a teen romance. After figuring that this relantionship could be worth his time, he decided to go steady and went in for that passionate kiss.

But sadly, due to his childhood innocence, Joey overlooked the one tinsy tiny problem in his boyfriend, that Jonathon had a personality problem. After a long make out session, Jonanthon suddenly started to insult Joey on how poor him and his mom was. But Jonanthon also overlooked something about Joey. After years of being tormented about his family's lifestyle, Joey developed a bit of a mean streak. 

Joey: " -And that goes the same for your mom too!"

So after Joey promptly broke up with Jonathon, the poor kid ran out the house bursting with tears. Joey did what his mother had done when his dad left them when he was a kid, shrug it off and went to work on his homework.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Talk about a whirlwind romance. I have a feeling this constantly breaking up thing is going to be a consistent factor in this legacy XD

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
I have a question. Is this a immortal destiny or a decadestiny? Or just a story?
 :-[

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »
I have a question. Is this a immortal destiny or a decadestiny? Or just a story?
 :-[

Just a story, maybe in the future I can try my hand at either the two but for the most part I have no patience for the requirements of either of them( A legacy hard enough as it is). Super sorry if it caused any confusion. :-[

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »
it's ok! It looked like it was a immortal destiny..... on a farm.

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »
it's ok! It looked like it was a immortal destiny..... on a farm.

XD I can totally see that! It can just be a entire legacy of immortal farmers with large romantic issues.   

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
  Chapter 1.7 - Romantic Hardships

Lately, Brittany has been acting very strange, very strange. She hasn't been going to the library or working on her book, which for a bookworm like her is quite out of the usual. She just sits by the TV and cry while watching a bunch of bad romantic TV movies.  

Brittany: Good for you Linda *sniff* for finding yourself a great guy who also happens to be a successful doctor/lawyer. *sniff*

This might have happened because of the recent events happening that might have made her realize that life is short and she isn't getting any younger. Brittany was halfway towards being a elder and all she had under her belt was a couple of novels and her son(Not that she loved him any less) and her cramped house on the fringe of town. She use to dream of meeting her handsome Prince Charming and riding off toward the sunset on his white horse. In the end she did, until Prince Charming ditched her and their kid and left her with nothing but a handful of simoleons, so she decided to ditched that dream for awhile to be a mom. But now that Joey is almost grown, she won't be needed anymore and will to left die alone. If that doesn't make you want to curl up in a ball and cry, then you might not have a heart.

So after signing up for a online dating site, Brittany realized that there wasn't a lot of hot singles in the area and her options were limited. When she logged off and decided to go home and see if they had anymore ice cream left, she sudden notice a nice looking individual reading on one of the couches at the library. Brittany realized that they had met once before at the Winter festival, and seeing how Brittany never lets down an opportunity, she went up to strike a chat. He reminded her that his name was Carl Strander and that he worked at the military base in town. They talked for a bit on the weather and if Stephen King was overrated or not before she went in for the kill.

Surprisingly, he was all down for that and they went out for drinks at the diner. After a few dates, they rendezvoused at the library again. It was there that Brittany popped the question of becoming steady. He said yes and all was looking well...until a bad black-haired omen appeared.

Turns out, Carl had some commitment problems, which quickly put out the spark in their relationship.

Brittany: "What do you mean you won't move in with me!?"
  Carl: "Look, I wasn't expecting something so long term, can't we just make out and keep it that way?"
  Brittany: "There is no way I would agree to something like that!"
  Carl: 'Then there's no way I'm moving with that psycho son of yours! I heard what he said about Jonathon Fernandez's mother!"

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you end a relationship with a single mom. Sadly, Joey wasn't there to send Carl flying or this would had been a more funnier chapter.

Brittany: "Get out of my sight unless you want me to call my psycho son on you."

Speaking of psycho sons, Joey aged up a couple days later. His classmates voted him "Most Likely To Rule The World" and was sent off to conquer it. When he had aged up, he looked like a mixture of James bond and Doctor Who, but without the awesome gadgets.

Very sadly without the gadgets.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
Ahahaha! He does look like Doctor Who! That's amazing. I hope things get better---on both the love and psycho fronts.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »
Chapter 1.8 - The Bet

After Graduation, Joey decided on becoming a chef. What kind of chef you may ask? we may never know. Anyway, his entire life living on nothing but cold pies and quick meals made Joey a bit of a foodie if I might say. He does nothing all day but make pancakes or "real" pancakes as he likes to call them.

After that nasty break up with what's-his-face, Brittany has been burning carbs a few hours a day(though only when Joey's at work.)

Joey: "Mom, what are you doing?"
  Brittany: "Joey! uh, nothing sweetie!
  Joey: "But I can clearly you working-"
  Brittany; Your mom's still got it, ok? Your mom still got it!"

Brittany: "Anyway, I been meaning to talk to you about something."
  Joey: "What's that?"
  Brittany: "Look, I'm not getting any younger-"
  Joey: "I can tell by the excessive exercise"   
  Brittany: "Stop being smart and listen! I'm not getting any younger and...I want to see you have a nice life. A better life than the one I gave you."
  Joey: "Mom, I have a career and we're making more than we did when I was eight, I'm not far off from achieving that."
  Brittany: "I know that and I'm so proud of you of it, but, to put it in a more simpler and direct term, I want grandkids."
  Joey: " Pfft, There is no way that's happening!"
  Brittany: "Then how about this then, If I get married within a week, YOU have to get married too!"
  Joey: "Fine, challenge accepted! Besides, there is no way that can happen!"

*one week later*

Joey: "I can not believe this is happening."

That's right Joey, and you would not believe who is the groom.

Joey: "NO. WAY."

simaholic^

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 06:15:26 AM »
Who can the groom be? Don't keep us too long in suspension!

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
The groom is..... Idk.

- Avery