Author Topic: Baby Boomer V: Location, Location, Location  (Read 55296 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Baby Boomer V: Location, Location, Location
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
Congrats Nutella! That's one intense strategy! I really just went for a "wing it" one myself haha, now I can see why you've won! You've earned it! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
Very impressive, Nutella! Thanks for all the detail.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
Congrats Nutella  :D

A lot of your strategy were things I did, although obviously not to such good effect. I played in Sunset Valley, if I hadn't used my self sim and her husband Dallas I would have played Riverview but it's just too weird to have two of him wandering about, and Sunset Valley is the only other town where I really know the kids and teens.

I played without Seasons, ITF and Uni, the last one so I wouldn't have that pesky Llama mascot every five minutes  :P

First thing I did on day one was send them both for a charisma class, then they went back inside and made babies so City Hall was my first location.

I named my kids alphabetically as well, I was aiming for twins as triplets are hard work and my plan went well for the first two pairs but lack of attention on my part meant I only got a single birth for the third pregnancy, then went she hit teen I went off plan, she already had a best friend in the Keaton boy and I should have stuck to what I had done with the others, childhood best friend made via game of tag becomes teenage RI, but I sent her to prom and she got a babysitter instead which messed me up for the triplets who followed as teens were now scarce.

I also forgot to make her work hard at school till midday of what would have been her last day, a Friday, and she missed her A by the mearest fraction so I had to wait a whole weekend and it cost me another pregnancy.

Traits for all kids were genius and friendly at birth, workaholic at child and hopeless romantic at teen, you can confess attraction much earlier as a hopeless romantic under the special menu.

Locations:

City Hall - Amy & Adam
Bed - Bob & Betty
All in one bathroom - Charlotte
Tree House - Daphne, Diana, Damien
Wardrobe - Ethan & Emily
Tent - Fiona

I thought I might just have time for one more baby as Damien had finished everything but the RI, I had hoped to get my sim pregnant in time to give birth on the last day but that Ursine girl was having none of it, he did try his best bless him but she thought he was being creepy so in the end I had to give up and it was too late.

I admit this challenge burned me out, I've not played too much since finishing it, my life states heir is pregnant yet I couldn't face going back to her after playing this, I'm sure I will eventually though.

Offline Canucklehead044

• Nooboo
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »
I also used quite a bit of the strategy discussed above. I had my family (John and Jane Doe) live in Sunset Valley because I know the teens and kids the best in this neighborhood.

I didn't uninstall any of the expansion packs, which I should have done. This resulted in a brain fart when I forgot to change the neighborhood to only having one season, so that I wouldn't get stuck with a day off every season for a festival (when it didn't fall on weekends). This hurt me.

I used the same traits as Turoskel; genius, friendly, workaholic and hopeless romantic.

Also, I had no luck with getting triplets for some reason. Even though both my Sims had fertility treatment and were always watching or listening to kids T.V and music! I didn't get a single set of triplets, only twins. I also named them alphabetically:

Military Base: Aiden and Blake
Science Lab: Chad and Devon
Bed: Ethan and Felix
Shower: Georgia and Helen
Movie Theater: Ian and Jordyn
Hay Stack: Kaleb and Leonard

I had a ton of fun with this challenge! Hopefully one day my Sims will get to experience triplets....but not anytime soon!

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
Wow, you had 3 sets of triplets! You have got to tell us what you did!… When the challenge is over of course!

Tandrael: I actually had 4 pregnancies with 3 different locations (for one of my conceptions, I didn’t have funds to purchase a WooHoo item and was too cheap to pay for a babysitter to go to a rabbit hole location…)

I had twins (mom only listened to Kids radio, which was also her favorite type of music -- +20 moodlet all the time  ;)), triplets (music plus both parents had fertility treatment), single (only one space left in the house), and ended with triplets without enough time for another pregnancy.

Like Canucklehead, I didn’t change my seasons to have just one season. However, my reasoning was I could get the igloo as a conception spot. :o  So, besides a holiday every Thursday, I had snow days in week 3 – Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, and then a holiday on Thursday. One school day in a week does not an “A” produce  >:(   And to top it off, I didn't even get to use one of the 15 igloos my bored children made during their 4-day school vacation.

Nutella -- amazing!!! Congrats!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2014, 05:00:38 PM »
I even had a spreadsheet drawn up like Nutella's :D

- Traits: friendly, genius, workaholic (school performance bonus), schmoozer (school performance bonus) and random.

- You can squeeze a little bit of time out of primary school if your child gets 2 particular opportunities that, after school, add the the performance before having to go back to school.

I played in appaloosa plains, and accidentally found out in my trial, that if a child sees a wild horse, they spin the LTW to adopt six pets. I had every child do this for the the LTHP's to buy the multitasker LTR before they started school. The pets in the household also helped secure the right number of household places for babies, but I made the mistake of going for just twins. I was unlucky and missed one, and just got a single child.

- babysitters = best friends. Give Dad attractive LTR for relationship bonuses with babies, but not Mum. Have mum hire babysitters and ask them to hang out. Keep Dad right away. Children can then do pillow fights with them for the fastest relationship gain, interspersed with shaka bra. Mum will have to fire each one before hiring the next one.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
- You can squeeze a little bit of time out of primary school if your child gets 2 particular opportunities that, after school, add the the performance before having to go back to school.

Yep I discovered that as well. Pile of Permission slips is great. You can score an A after they finish that op.

Metro

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
Imagine the scene two days into my game file I am quite happily befriending the town in order to get the charisma challenge completed when this happens:
Brain:You know we really should have uninstalled seasons.
Ratchie:Are we allowed to do that?
Brain:Of course we are.
Ratchie:Darn it!

My basic strategy was pretty much the same as everyone else. Babies got friendly genius traits. Children got the workaholic trait and teens got the hopeless romantic trait.
Child's best friend became their romantic interest upon aging up to teen. I remembered to cake up any babies and toddlers once their older siblings had already left for school so they didn't get the day off school. Weekends were for stalking the neighbourhood for potential best friends.
Try for baby locations:Shower,tent,treehouse,city hall,bed,hot tub,military base and theater.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »
oh, bed and tent are different locations? I figured they were one and the same, I should have checked.

Congrats to all on their scores

Dek

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
I didn't ever finish this challenge because I got mad at my game and discouraged. But I was using the mail delivery kid for the best friend and when my kid would age up to teen I noticed the best friend did too so I would invite them over but low and behold the friend skipped teen and was a young adult already so no romantic interest there. And I played with seasons not knowing they get snow days. 4 snow days in one week will not get you an A. Ugh. But I couldn't figure out why the best friend was skipping teen?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »
I played with Seasons, but I changed to only summer and set the season to 28 days.

I'll have to remember about Charisma for the future (I don't think I've ever managed to max Charisma let alone supermaxing it).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2014, 07:23:09 PM »
Dek you don't need to max charisma to get the skill challenges completed. A quick introduction to twenty five Sims is very easy to do.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
I had similar strategies but with some differences - and I would have done much better had I thought about disabling some expansion packs before I started or had changed settings.
What I did differently:
I had children pick ambitious trait - +2 points per hour towards a grade with no extra work. Work hard is +3pph, so the first day if a child is in a good mood, they get 7pph for the base rate (1/2 of 14 as no homework) +2 for ambitious and +3 for work hard = 12pph for 6 hours is 72points. An A is 90 points, so the second day they can talk to friends or anything and still get an A. I tried to get the Multi-Tasker lifetime reward for all kids by teen so they would get an additional +3pph as the school day is an hour shorter. To get enough lifetime happiness points, I regularly bought and sold properties so the kids would get the "buy 5 properties" and "buy 7 properties" wishes. These totaled up to over 12,000 points by themselves.
If I hadn't kept Seasons, I would have had at least 3 more kids and 2 more try for baby spots, but holidays screwed me up.
For friends and romantic interests, I had mom or dad select an NPC and choose "invite household over" and selected all the kids in the screen. This gave me children and teens in abundance. I only used 2 neighborhood teens the entire time.
I don't know why

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
I didn't ever finish this challenge because I got mad at my game and discouraged. But I was using the mail delivery kid for the best friend and when my kid would age up to teen I noticed the best friend did too so I would invite them over but low and behold the friend skipped teen and was a young adult already so no romantic interest there. And I played with seasons not knowing they get snow days. 4 snow days in one week will not get you an A. Ugh. But I couldn't figure out why the best friend was skipping teen?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mail delivery kids always age up weird, that is why I never use them as best friend / romantic interest.  Inviting them over seems to trigger age transition.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »
I did a similair thing, but I didn't uninstall seasons (did remember to put it on 28 days summer, so only 1 day of off school).

I only got twins (and was happy about that), dad got fertility treatment, mom not but the radio was always on childrens music. First thing I did was build a small room, buy a bed and did the nasty. After the chimes, they both went into town for a charisma class and introducing themselfs to 25 people. I also had dad buy out the normal consignment store and collecting gems and metals for extra income (I needed money to buy new items for them to make kids). Both mom and dad stayed at home without a job, but dad learned painting and mom cooking (to make better meals for a better moodlet). But I discovered that using a child baking on the childrens oven makes better meals. After they reach level 3 they make perfect items. I used the weekend left over time after making friends to make a lot of muffins (perfect quality) for meals during the week. All kids went to school with a 8 hour +50 moodlet from the perfect meal. Combining that with fresh clothing, well rested and full fun and they still had a good mood at the end of school. This ensured they had the best possible metric for them to reach that A.

Before the first set of twins was born I bought the attractive LTR for both the parents. Babies got the friendly and genius trait and were born at home. With both parents snuggling them until best friends. With parents that have the nurtering and family-oriented triats, the todlers were the easy life stage. As a child they got the workaholic trait for working hard at school. The teens got flirty so their best friend from childhood became there romantic interest.

I had some trouble with timing in the first two weeks, so missed out on some quick caking up and making friends for my child sim wasn't easy. I also had a couple of kids reaching a A in school before having a best friend, so I even had one go to school for another day as I didn't get her to best friend with that teen. I should have done more research as I couldn't find any more teens for my last 4 kids. I could have moved out at least one more teen so mom could have triplets if I had a romantic interest (but that teen was friends with a young adult as I couldn't find a teen).

Locations I used: bed, closet (with supernaturals there are two closets that can be used to woohoo and making kids, found this out in a practise run), treehouse, hay, hot tub, tent, elevator. I forgot about the possibility to make a baby in a rabbithole, but I got enough possibilities without them, I even had the shower left over for a next pregnancy.

anything