Author Topic: A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards  (Read 17874 times)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »
Congratulations Chare on winning the challenge. Thank you for giving such a detailed description of what you did on the challenge. I am sure it has been extremely helpful for everyone.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 04:31:23 PM »
Thank you Trip! I knew about neurotics freaking out but I didn't know it prevents the stressed moodlet. Good to know! And I knew schmoozers could ask for promotions although I didn't know they could with that little progress on the bar. I thought it was still 75%.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2014, 06:13:31 PM »
Did you let Judy finish the science career? I got to week 3 and she still hadn't finished it!

I let her finish it. I can't remember exactly how long it took me... I capped at some point within the 2nd week. I'm sorry I can't be more accurate, but I know I was waiting for LTHP to built up for Change LTW...when for consignment sales to pop Swimming in Cash...in order to get the good traits to speed her through the career. In her down time, Judy worked on skill building gardening, handiness & fishing & building up her relationship up with her boss... When she had the girls, they were left in the care of a babysitter throughout their infant & toddler stages, freeing up Judy to work on her career.

Jack is a "schmoozer" and I know -in theory- that the can schmooze their bosses and ask for promotions: how does that work in an actual game? I couldn't do that…

My checklist/guide for successful promotions:

- Must be less than level 9 in the career
- Career performance @ least 75% (40% with the Schmoozer trait)
- Good relationship with boss (I prefer Best Friends status)
- Take note of when the 3 day lockout is up in between asking for promotions

If you are having trouble getting the interaction to show up, try using the 'Discuss Work' interaction first.

All the other answers were pretty much dead on so I have nothing more to add to them.  ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »
My checklist/guide for successful promotions:

- Must be less than level 9 in the career
- Career performance @ least 75% (40% with the Schmoozer trait)
- Good relationship with boss (I prefer Best Friends status)
- Take note of when the 3 day lockout is up in between asking for promotions

Well that explains my problem when trying to be promoted ... I didn't know any of those four things. I just know I've only ever been able to receive a promotion once on any sim ever.

Out of interest, who kept the Bunches in their existing house and who moved them? I moved them, because I decided a different house could give up their garage for skilling objects and had other things around that could also be sold early on.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2014, 12:54:36 AM »
I let them live in their own house, but I sold all thing I didn't need and build them a quite simple house. That left them with enough money to start.

I started the challenge file by having Jack and Judy make a child (needed twins for my plan to work, so I had the radio on children's station). I had Judy work on her gardening, fishing and handiness skill for the skill certificates. She also managed to max the gardening self employement career, but was just short on finishing the fishing career (she was at level 8 at the end). I made sure to get the kids to an A in school as soon as possible, I wanted to pick their traits (workaholic was a must). After Both Ethan and Lisa had a logic skill 5 I made them tutor their younger kids.

The careers that I did max:
Military, all 5 part-time jobs, Firefighter, Science, Culinair, Ghost Hunter, Private Investigator, Painting, Gardening, Film Career (Acteur for child #1 and director for child #2)

I did use all the vacation time, but had I done a proper test run, I would have made some changes in the careers. I didn't get so many career rewards from the Firefighter career as I expected, Judy didn't max her fishing career (should have fished more then I did), and I missed out on a few skill certificates by mistake (only maxed one of the skill on the last day, so didn't recieved a certificate, and I got the opportunity to learn a new skill from one of the careers, but only reached level 6 by the end, with a little more planning I could easily got to level 10 as I got the opportunity quite early)

I do have to remember that a degree bought with LTR als can be used, I forgot about this all together.

Femke82

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
I kept them in their house, I didn't change it much either, all I did was buy better beds and put two single beds in each bedroom on the second floor then turned the top floor bedroom into a skilling room, the other skill stuff I put in the garden after removing some of the kids playground equipment.

All that cheap bathroom equipment proved useful for leveling handiness, I swapped some out later on once I no longer needed that.

I had no joy with asking for promotions either, I know how it works and I did everything as Chare said yet they still said no  ::) Some sims are just awkward I feel, maybe traits make them refuse regardless.

anything