Author Topic: I guess I'm a lurker  (Read 1590 times)

Offline SnowflakePhoenix

• Nooboo
I guess I'm a lurker
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:52:57 PM »
 I have used this guide for years for Sim info and only registered today. I don't understand what a legacy is when people post about various legacy challenges.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: I guess I'm a lurker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »
Welcome to the Forum! Glad that you registered.

The Legacy Challenge referred to is Pinstar's Challenge, and the rules can be found on the official Sims Forum. You can find stories based on this challenge here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: I guess I'm a lurker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:01:25 PM »
Correction - you were a lurker. ;) Welcome!

Don't worry about it - I have only foggy notions of the "legacy" and "challenge" stuff, myself. And that's fine - everyone plays the game the way they like. These challenges are just ideas some users have shared for giving a very open game some structure, or a competitive element.

I -like- my game without structure, and much prefer to collaborate than compete. The challenges are there if you are interested. If it's not your thing, then yeah, a lot of the discussion may seem opaque. I just mentally gloss over it as "this thing I am doing in my game with self-imposed rules". ;)

But plenty of discussion here of all aspects of play, and friendly folks. And all the tons of solid Sims 3 guidance that  Carl's serves up so nicely for us, of course. :)
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

anything