Author Topic: Mechanics of Opportunistic Lifetime Reward?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
Mechanics of Opportunistic Lifetime Reward?
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »
I've been digging around the Lifetime Rewards lately, trying to find out what they do exactly. I've seen some sites, including the Sims Wiki, say that Opportunistic increases rewards from opportunities AND increases the amount of lifetime happiness points (LHP) that wishes give. What!? The second part is what I am surprised by.

I happened to have a Sim with 10k LHP, so I bought it. I hovered over one of her wishes both before and after buying Opportunistic, and the LHP given did not change. It could be that the effect doesn't apply to already promised wishes, and it could also be that it simply isn't true. Can anyone confirm or deny whether Opportunistic increases the amount of LHP that wishes give? Thanks! 

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mechanics of Opportunistic Lifetime Reward?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:39:11 PM »
The Opportunistic LTR doesn't affect lifetime happiness, sadly.  But it does give your Sim larger rewards for any opportunities s/he completes - more money, for instance, if the opportunity is one that pays simoleons.

Welcome to the forum, Poffin.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
I guess that was just a vicious rumor. Or someone mixed it up with Ambitious. :P I'm going to edit the Sims Wiki page to correct that information. Thank you!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »
There's also a misconception that Opportunistic increases the amount of opportunities a sim receives, but much to the sadness of many a dynasty player (including me), it doesn't. It just increases payout.

It definitely doesn't increase LTHP. I have a sim with the LTR, and I keep close tabs on his LTHP. He gets the same amount for his wishes and being happy as everyone else does. Good on you for correcting the Wiki, though!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »
If you have World Adventures, the Opportunistic LTR will also double Visa points.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.