Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52134 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.7. Rachyl's Baking Empire (8/6)
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
This is a very funny story and I really love the  antics of Rachel and Kristy. (And Leslie... Though Sherman sort of freaks me out.) One thing I thought of, my cousin has these rainbow fairies books and the main characters are Rachel and Kirsty so I thought that was pretty funny.

Thank you very much :D (And don't worry, Sherman sort of freaks me out, too).
Ahaha, that's a fantastic little coincidence! :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »
This is so funny!  Sherman is like a creepy cute little puppy dog that stalks follows Leslie around.  I laughed out loud when I read Leslie's reaction to Sherman pulling the expensive sports car out of his pocket while Leslie was in labor.  That was priceless.  And, the girls are lovely  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2014, 01:59:34 AM »
This is so funny!  Sherman is like a creepy cute little puppy dog that stalks follows Leslie around.  I laughed out loud when I read Leslie's reaction to Sherman pulling the expensive sports car out of his pocket while Leslie was in labor.  That was priceless.  And, the girls are lovely  :)

Thank you so much :D I'm really glad you liked the labour scene. Just, basically glad you like it - thank you once again :)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
1.8. Snow Rage and Random Death

Louise: Welcome back toÖ something. A legacy? An epic tale of life and family? A slow descent into madness? Iím usually not much for Death of the Author (especially when Iím the author) but in this case Iíll let you decide. This time we find Leslie building a snowman.
Leslie: I lead a hard, horrid life and this is one of my few moments of pure, unbridled fun. They are rare, but precious.
Louise: Um, yeah.

Louise: After building her snowman, Leslie decides to go check out the mysterious portal that has appeared on their lot.
Leslie: I think this is my destiny! Finally, in the midst of my hard, boring day-to-day humdrum, a handsome stranger appears and provides me with a questÖ

Leslie: To go into the future and save the world. He, of course, falls madly in love with me over the turn of our adventure, but I remain faithful to my loving husband and after my grand adventure, I return. Though it has been exciting, I do realise that though it might seem trite and ordinary, what I truly want is an ordinary life... with my family.

Louise: Yeah, or you could totally ignore the future and make snow angels.
Leslie: Wee!

Leslie: The grand adventures can wait for when I become an astronaut, I suppose. I have to work on my handiness, after all.
Louise: Definitely. Well, letís just see what the rest of the Hollanders are up to today.

Louise: Sherman has begun digging through peopleís trash and this other guy who thinks Leslie is a hottie doesnít like it much.
Other guy (whose name eludes me): Why are you digging through my trash?! Youíre just jealous because I love Leslie more than you!
Sherman: *Horrified, girly shrieks* H-how dare you!

Kristy: Now, I suppose, you took this picture because youíre going to tell them all that weíre both hard at work on our homework?
Rachyl: And that weíre both well on our way to earn straight Aís and become productive members of society?
Louise: I would never say such a thing. And certainly not about the two of you. I was just curious as to what you were doing, but never mind that. Iíll check in on Sherman again.

Louise: Sherman has found another Simís trash to dig through. The neighbour on the other side of the road, actually.

Sherman: Hmm, I found some trash, I should bring it home and leave it by Leslieís bed as an offeringÖ or maybe give it to Leslieís baby.
Jon Lessen: My leg is stuck in this wall and all I wanted was to yell at this maniac for going through my trash.
Louise: Jon does yell at Sherman who then skulks home.

Louise: Then he has a muffin in great company.
Sherman: They were made by Leslieís baby. They will make me healthy and strong.
Louise: Ö I donít remember why I saved this screenshot.

Louise: At the other end of the table, Kristy is making her homework, while wearing her coat.
Kristy: I hate doing homework. Can we have a party soon?
Louise: No, I hate parties.
Kristy: But Iím a party animal, itís the very meaning of my existence.
Louise: Well, tough luck, sunshine.
Kristy: You know thatísÖ
Louise: Donít say it.
Kristy: Ö a good name for a Tumblr.
Louise: Good, we donít want to reuse the same joke right away, do we now?

Louise: Speaking of jokes, Rachyl is still trying to take over the world with baked goods.
Rachyl: I will make a fortune from selling my baked goods to foolish mortals with big wallets.
Louise: Well, seeing as you have snow days all the time, you have plenty of time to go to the park to sell some cakes.

Rachyl: Ha, ha, that is not a bad idea, mortal. Good thing I thought it up!

Rachyl: Ahahaha! My evil plan is taking shape!
Louise: I thought you were going to sell cakes, not throw yourself into the snow on your face?
Rachyl: Huh, what do you- I mean: THIS IS PART OF MY PLAN.
Louise: Yeeeah.

Louise: Meanwhile, Leslie has been to work and gets the lovely chance to watch her boss die of old age.

Grim: Iíll be coming for you one day, too.
Louise: You might want to just leave her. In the name of sanity.
Leslie: Does this mean sucking up to the guy was a waste of time? Who is my boss now?
Louise: Good question. For the next couple of days Leslieís bosses change as commonly as Kristyís favourite band name. They die off or just plain disappear for no reason Ė I have no idea whatís going on but thereís obviously a problem with management in the military.

Louise: Meanwhile, back at the Baking Stand Selling Thing of Ultimate Evil, Rachyl is counting her non-existent money.
Rachyl: Hey, why is no one-

Rachyl: I meanÖ buy my things, foolish mortal! Stop building your snowman!

Louise: Surprisingly, her order doesnít work.
Rachyl: They will see one day, my dear minion. I shall take over all of the world Ė and their little snowmen, too!
Louise: Fun fact Ė Rachylís doll is named Snuggles. The evil. I cannot.

Louise: After all her business tactics fail spectacularly, Rachyl takes it out on Leslieís snowman.
Rachyl: Grarar! Take that! And that!

Louise: Feel better, now?
Rachyl: Much better.
Louise: And so, we once again leave the Hollanders to their own devices until itís time to see them again.

Author's note: Yes, finally back! I've been having really bad Sims withdrawal symptoms and I've especially missed doing stories. So I hurried up and played some more with these loonies.
I also added a picture to the very first post to make it look all nice like. Tell me what you think!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
I realized I haven't commented before now!  For shame on me!  I have been reading though and I've been in stitches.  I love Sherman.  I'm not sure what that says about me but I love him lol  And I love your interactions with all of them.  Rachyl also cracks me up lol

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I realized I haven't commented before now!  For shame on me!  I have been reading though and I've been in stitches.  I love Sherman.  I'm not sure what that says about me but I love him lol  And I love your interactions with all of them.  Rachyl also cracks me up lol

Yay, thank you! :D
If nothing else, at least you can say about Sherman that he at least stalks his own wife and not somebody else's :P That's good, right?

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Yay!! They're back! I really have fun reading how overly dramatic Leslie is. It's like she thinks she's always in a play or something... Why Sherman is rummaging through garbage cans completely eludes me (does he even have a job?  :o), but it's a whole lot of fun to see. The dialogue with the twins doing their homework cracked me up, but then everything about them cracks me up... love it! MOAR!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Yay!! They're back! I really have fun reading how overly dramatic Leslie is. It's like she thinks she's always in a play or something... Why Sherman is rummaging through garbage cans completely eludes me (does he even have a job?  :o), but it's a whole lot of fun to see. The dialogue with the twins doing their homework cracked me up, but then everything about them cracks me up... love it! MOAR!

Her Dramatic trait is my favourite! Her dramatic nonsense is so much fun to write.
Oh gosh, I forgot that Sherman is actually rummaging through because he's a police man! xD Now he just looks nuts... well, we all know he is, but more nuts than is usual, even for him.
Thank you for your nice comments, as usual :) Next update should be up before too long.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
1.9. Shermanís Midlife Trash

Louise: Welcome back to the Hollander residence where our manic matriarch is upgrading a sink by repeatedly using her wrench on the same spot.
Leslie: I am a true wench with a wrench.
Louise: That you are, Leslie.

Louise: Flo has taken to pinching chubby childrenís cheeks.
Flo: You are so adorable, you little scamp you!

Kristy: Ngaaarh! Thatís a terrible name for a band!
Flo: You are such a sweet little girl *pinches cheeks*
Louise: Donít be fooled by this Ė all their hours of dancing together have made them the best of friends.

Louise: Rachyl, however, has no friends. Unsurprisingly.
Rachyl: Thatís not true! My parents are my friends. Besides, I have no time for foolish mortal friendship bonds.

Rachyl: Iím selling cakes.
Louise: Yeah, seeing as the girls barely ever go to school (curse snow days!), Rachyl still has all the time in the world to seel her Baked Goods of Evil.

Rachyl: Aha! My first customer!
Knitted waistcoat-guy: Hey, cakes!
Rachyl: Yes! Mortal! Buy my cakes. Fund my grand empire of evil!

Knitted waistcoat-guy: Oh wait, snowman! Itís much better than muffins!
Rachyl: *spouting angrish*

Rachyl: Minion, this is not going as well as I could have hoped. We will have to up our game!

Rachyl: You, crotchety old lady, buy my baked goods!
Old lady: Ha, ha, you think I will help you?
Rachyl: Ö
Louise: Wait, the old lady is evil, too?
Old lady: Get lost, kid, thereís only room for one evil genius in this town. Besides, your cakes are too expensive.
Rachyl: Grarar!

Old lady: *Cackles*
Rachyl: Curses! Foiled again!
Louise: Foiled for serious. Rachyl doesnít have a single customer, even though she lowers her prices and pretends to be a cute kid.

Louise: At home, nothing much is happening. Kristy is playing with blocks.

Louise: And Leslie has taken to knocking on the toilet with a hammer. This apparently upgrades it so that it cleans itselfÖ Sims logic!

Louise: And meanwhile, Sherman continues rummaging through peopleís trash. I forgot to mention the last time that this is in the name of furthering his career. Though, do you put it past Sherman to go through peopleís trash at random? Just because? Because I donít think knowing that itís part of his career makes much difference.

Louise: And somehow, he gets his butt inside Jon Lessenís house another time when he's going through trash. Though heís pretty much not interested in doing an interview.
Sherman: Over the course of my investigation Iíve realised that itís important to interrogate you about how well you like Leslie. Can we just talk a while?
Jon Lessen: Youíre the crazy guy rummaging through my trash, right?
Sherman: Ö No.
Jon Lessen: Get out!

Louise: So Sherman goes home to have his birthday outside.
Sherman: Iíll become more mature and cleverer! Now I can impress Leslie and make her love me.

Louise: He spins and sparklesÖ and thenÖ

Sherman: No, wait, Iím old now. I donít want to be old. Iím young! LOOK AT ME IíM YOUNG. Leslie, Leslie, do you think Iím young?!
Louise: Ö Great, our stalker has a midlife crisis. What could possibly go wrong.

Louise: Now, we end this update with the kids getting their bedtime stories and going to sleep.

Louise: Some in more logical ways than others.
Rachyl: I told you I donít subscribe to your Ďlogicí!
Louise: *Humming "Defying Gravity"* Hmm? Yeah, sure, whatever Rachyl. Let's finish this off here. Next time we see the Hollanders, we move ever closer to the girls' teenage birthdays and see some of the results of Sherman's midlife crisis. See you then!

Author's note: Today I haven't just added this update, I've changed the 'Founder and Heirs thing around, added some pictures and made it look pretty okay in my estimation.
Anyway, hope y'all like. Other than Sherman's midlife crisis nothing much happened and it's bit of a shame - I've just drawn out the girls' childhood way too much. Never planned for gen 1 to be this long... why did I think this would be an easy legacy to do?!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Lol! Sherman with a mid life crisis... This is gonna be awesome!  Oh Rachyl.  Someone get that girl an exorcist! Lol. Hey Book, I've found that no matter our intentions, playing Sims (whether a legacy or some other kind of challenge) is never "easy".  It's fun and crazy lol, but never actually easy.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Lol! Sherman with a mid life crisis... This is gonna be awesome!  Oh Rachyl.  Someone get that girl an exorcist! Lol. Hey Book, I've found that no matter our intentions, playing Sims (whether a legacy or some other kind of challenge) is never "easy".  It's fun and crazy lol, but never actually easy.

I feel like I can safely say that Sherman's midlife crisis is one of the things I've been having most fun with!
Ha, it's true. For something to be fun, it doesn't necessarily have to be easy either. Sigh! But fun it surely is.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
I can't help but love Sherman. He is adorable and really weird at the same. He has to be so much fun to play/write. I laughed when he still called the girls, even though they are almost teens, Leslie's babies. Poor Rachyl. Everyone is too invested in making snowmen to purchase her treats. Either that or they can see right through that angelic smile of hers to her plots of world domination...or it really might just be the snowmen :o

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
LOL at that last bedtime-reading screenshot. How on earth did that even happen?! While Sherman's garbage-digging shenanigans have more sense now, it still looks crazy when he does it. A mid-life crisis seems unbecoming of a guy like Sherman... though maybe now he'll miss the sports car he used to have stashed in his pocket. He used to be a boss after all - Leslie's boss at that - and now his life is all about Leslie and Leslie's babies. This crisis ought to be interesting.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I can't help but love Sherman. He is adorable and really weird at the same. He has to be so much fun to play/write. I laughed when he still called the girls, even though they are almost teens, Leslie's babies. Poor Rachyl. Everyone is too invested in making snowmen to purchase her treats. Either that or they can see right through that angelic smile of hers to her plots of world domination...or it really might just be the snowmen :o

Sherman really is a lot of fun :) They all are, but there's something loveably mad about him.
Maybe the snowmen are trying to take over and are foiling Rachyl by distracting people? I think that's about what happened.
Anyway, thank you for your comment :D

LOL at that last bedtime-reading screenshot. How on earth did that even happen?! While Sherman's garbage-digging shenanigans have more sense now, it still looks crazy when he does it. A mid-life crisis seems unbecoming of a guy like Sherman... though maybe now he'll miss the sports car he used to have stashed in his pocket. He used to be a boss after all - Leslie's boss at that - and now his life is all about Leslie and Leslie's babies. This crisis ought to be interesting.

I don't know why it keeps happening when using bunkbeds! There are ladders on both sides and sometimes they just decide to climb up the wrong side. You'd think it'd have been fixed by now, but it makes for funny screenshots at least.
It's just like as soon as my Sims age up into adult, they blow up and have a midlife crisis :P I usually send them to the hospital to get therapy right away, but this time I decided to just roll with it.
Thank you for your comment :P

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
1.10. Charity Shop Elvis

Leslie: Happy birthday to m-
Louise: Iím going to have you stop right there, Leslie. The English lyrics to ďHappy BirthdayĒ are copyrighted.
Leslie: Ö UmÖ can I sing it in German?
Louise: Go right ahead.
Leslie: Zum Geburtstag viel GlŁck! Zum Geburtstag- oh never mind! Itís my birthday!

Louise: It sure is! Last time it was Sherman who aged up and today itís you. And no oneís happier for you on your birthday than Sherman.
Sherman: Joyeux anniversaire, joyeux anniversaaaaire!
Louise: I do love working around copyright in utterly stupid ways. Donít ask me how Sherman and Leslie learnt French and German respectively.

Leslie: Hey, Iím sparkling! Is this my pure and stubborn heart shining through to show that though Iíve been going through horrid hardships, Iím still beautiful on the inside?
Louise: Nah, itís like that with everyone.
Leslie: :(
Sherman: Yay, now Leslie is old, too!

Leslie: Ö What does he mean Ďoldí?
Rachyl: I think heís referring to the fact that your bottom is more wrinkly than it was yesterday. Soon, it'll be positively pruny.
Leslie: Maybe I should divorce Sherman ForestÖ
Louise: Absolutely not!
Leslie: ButÖ he makes me feelÖ oldÖ
Louise: Oh brother, another midlife crisis coming right up.

Louise: Right, letís leave Leslie back home for now and see what Shermanís up to. Heís given up rummaging through trash for now and has decided to question people downtown. He interrupts someone whoís in the middle of protestingÖ yetis?

Green jacket guy: Itís just wrong, man. They canít leave yetis to roam the streets.
Louise: Well, they donít. They donít exist.
Sherman: Can you tell me where you were the day after tomorrow?
Green jacket guy: Ö I beg your pardon?
Sherman: Iíve been led to believe that Leslie is, in fact, perfect. True or true?
Green jacket guy: Help?
Sherman: Did you know that armadillos are the only animals other than humans who can get leprosy?

Sherman: *Joyfully scribbling*
Green jacket guy: I should probably get back to protesting fantasy creatures.
Sherman: Last question! If a dragon crosses the road are you then guilty of murder?
Green jacket guy: *Runs away*
Louise: I donít know how Sherman is on level five of his career right now?

Louise: Itís not better that he decides to interrogate his boss. Remember him? Heís the guy who thinks Leslieís hot and apparently heís Shermanís boss now. It makes me seriously concerned for SimNation that Sherman and Leslie are apparently the only people who can hold down a job.

Leslie: I-I think thatís a wrinkle. A big, fat, wrinkly wrinkle!
Louise: That is your nose. Calm your crackers.
Leslie: But I think that if I possibly perhaps just divorced Sherman a tiny, little bitÖ
Louise: How do you divorce someone a little bit?! Okay, I had it with you. Letís see something else happen likeÖ likeÖ
Flo: A party?

Louise: Yes, heck! Give me a party! Flo is going to a party at her familyís house. There she gets to see her grandchildren andÖ Hey, itís creepy elf hat guy!
Creepy elf hat guy: Boo! This party reeks!
Louise: Hi there! Long time, no see! What are you up to?
Creepy elf hat guy: Oh, just preparing myself for the inevitable armadillo takeover and following apocalypse.
Louise: Ö I quit.
Flo: ???
Louise: Yeah, I quit. Iím done. Flo, you narrate this thing. Iím afraid Iíll go insane if I keep it up.

Flo: Um, sure, Ďkay. This hereís my grandson. His nameís Drew. I donít know why he looks so scared.
Drew: (Iím so scared of heights donít throw me in the air, please Watcher, get me down).
Flo: But he sure is adorable.

Flo: Itís a nice party for sure. Iím dancing with this guy, Fabio.
Fabio: Thatís not my name!
Flo: Well, I donít remember your name. Nobody else will either. Iíll only remember the mighty fine dancing we did!
Fabio: I guess thatís good?

Flo: Back home, Leslieís changed into something more comfortable.
Leslie: I-Iím young. Iím so very young. Young. And sexy. And more younger. Maybe, combining this with just a teensy little divorceÖ

Flo: And hereís my best little mate. Itís about time we saw what Kristy gets up to. What with her sister being sort of insane, she easily slides in the background, so letís see what sheís going to do the next day.

Flo: So, youíre off to the Winter Festival?
Kristy: Yeah! Iím going to dance all night. *High fives Flo*
Flo: *High five* But hey, ainít that car driving down the road Shermanís? Whereís he off to?

Sherman: A makeover will make me young again. Iíll be young and then I can go back to worship Leslie and her babiesÖ
Flo: Oh, this should be fun.

Sherman: Aaw yeah!
Flo: Oh my-
Louise: SHERMAN, NO.
Flo: Huh, I thought you quit-
Louise: Oh, get lost, Flo, I canít leave you nutters alone for five minutes without you doing somethingÖ somethingÖ what the heck are you wearing?
Sherman: Iím making myself sexy for Leslie!

Sherman: A-and see, you canít even see my wrinkles anymore.
Leslie: Did someone point a gun at your head and force you to do an Elvis impersonation with only clothes from a charity shop?
Sherman: I look good!
Louise: If I stay around you two for much longer, Iíll end up quitting again. Letís see what Kristyís up to now.

Kristy: Donít mind me, just swinging to the groovy beat.
Louise: Oh, thank goodness. Youíre almost acting normal.

Kristy: Yeah, the Winter Festivalís wicked! I get to throw snow at little girls.

Kristy: And to wear shoes that really hurt people if you kick them. Itís awesome.
Louise: Well, you better enjoy your childhood memories while you can.

Louise: Because soon, itís time to move on. Yes, the day has finally come for the girls to become teens and weíll see how that fares next time. As with all things having to do with these weirdoes, though, itís not easy.

Author's note: The lyrics to Happy Birthday really are copyrighted, but only in English. Not that anybody cares - I just think it's such a fun, useless fact. Go ahead and sing Happy Birthday to friends and family... so long as you do it in any language other than English.
And yeah, Leslie rolled a want to divorce Sherman. That's just not going to happen, sunshine. Then she wanted to move to another house - once again, not possible according to legacy rules. Sherman wants things like a new (much too expensive) car and a makeover. The makeover is the only thing I've let him have.

anything