Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52120 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.11. Adults Are SO Lame (18/6)
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2014, 03:55:38 PM »
Do you have ErrorTrap and Overwatch?  I highly recommend those if you don't.

Do have those, too :) I don't think my game could run without them!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »
I was all sorts of team Rachyl when the girls were first introduced.  Then I gained more affection for Kristy and wanted her to win.  Now I'm just torn.  Kudos for making both girls so very endearing.  If you plan to put this to a vote, please don't make us vote any time soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
I was all sorts of team Rachyl when the girls were first introduced.  Then I gained more affection for Kristy and wanted her to win.  Now I'm just torn.  Kudos for making both girls so very endearing.  If you plan to put this to a vote, please don't make us vote any time soon.

I was all for Rachyl at first, too, but I'm just as torn as you are - I don't want to not play any of them! I'm glad I've been able to make them both likeable ^_^
He, he, there will be a vote, in a couple of chapters :b (I'm not playing more until we've had the vote, 'cause they're young adults in my game.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2014, 02:14:29 AM »
Hmm..
It's going to be so hard choosing! Can't I just put my vote in now for both of them lol

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2014, 04:06:19 AM »
I have had this bookmarked for so long and finally caught up with it.  It is hilarious and I just love Sherman.  It's a pity Leslie doesn't return his devotion.  I'm hoping Rachyl will be the heir.  She's so offbeat.  Evil and absent minded.  I can see this excuse in her future: "I'm sorry, your Honour, I have no recollection of those events."  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
Hmm..
It's going to be so hard choosing! Can't I just put my vote in now for both of them lol

I wish! :P I can't decide which one I'd prefer myself. At first I was all about Rachyl but Kristy has grown on me and with Kristy's lifetime wish (not yet revealed) I'm really torn!

I have had this bookmarked for so long and finally caught up with it.  It is hilarious and I just love Sherman.  It's a pity Leslie doesn't return his devotion.  I'm hoping Rachyl will be the heir.  She's so offbeat.  Evil and absent minded.  I can see this excuse in her future: "I'm sorry, your Honour, I have no recollection of those events."  ;)

Ah, thank you for reading along :D
Rachyl really is great - even if her Evil trait is hidden XD That's what you get for basing a character's evil on a single screenshot :P

1.12. Boring Spring

Louise: Welcome back to this disaster waiting to happen, also known as the Amazing Hollander. Today, our misty-eyed matriarch has some good news for us.
Leslie: Yes, Sherman Forest’s midlife crisis is over. Which is a huge relief – his nonsense about being old was really getting to me. I really should have divorced him…
Louise: Leslie, dear, I think we need to have a talk about the pots and the kettles.
Leslie: You mean the birds and the bees? Little late for that…
Louise: No, I mean pots and kettles and how black they are and how pots calling kettles black is unfair.
Leslie: I'm sure I don't know what you mean...

Louise: But Sherman’s midlife crisis is over, and thank goodness for that. He’s back to his normal self. So instead of looking utterly ridiculous, he just looks super distressed.
Sherman: Leslie is more than ten metres away from me. I am distressed.

Louise: Though he and Flo do decide to inappropriately slow dance?
Sherman: I’m imagining that you’re Leslie.
Flo: Don’t care, sunshine, so long as I get to move my feet on the dance floor.

Louise: Speaking of people who would like to inappropriately dance with Sherman if you know what I mean: Ruby comes by to stalk him talk to her mother.
Ruby: So, I heard you live with that interesting gentleman whose face is locked into a look of utter horror at all times?
Flo: Yeah, he’s my friend… I think. They have a rocking chair, at least.
Ruby: So, it’s not like I didn’t come to see my mother first and foremost but… where is he? Can I just…?
Flo: He’s hiding under the bed. Said something about ‘Not-Leslie’ being out here. I don’t even know what he means. Do you?
Ruby: *runs away*
Louise: Yes, guys, I think Ruby is stalking the guy who stalks his own wife. Lovely. If there was ever any doubt that this legacy is an utter nutfest, I think we’ve dispelled those doubts by now.

Louise: Leslie doesn’t seem to notice that her stalker is being stalked.
Leslie: Oh I really am glad Sherman got through his midlife crisis so nicely. Now, do you think I should flirt with someone who isn’t Sherman Forest?
Louise: Wha- no! Absolutely not!
Kristy: Are my parents breaking up? Can I not do my homework then?
Louise: Your parents are NOT breaking up. Do your homework!

Louise: Fortunately, Leslie soon gets over her midlife crisis, too, and drops all thoughts of divorcing her poor husband.
Leslie: Divorce Sherman Forest? Why ever would I do that?
Louise: Well, you said-
Leslie: I most certainly did not. You do remember how I’ve struggled to keep our love alive all these years? How, despite his love waning over time, I’ve held onto him always?
Louise: … I’ve got nothing. But never mind that – it’s Love Day! Meaning everyone gets to reign free at the Spring Festival!

Rachyl: My, this sure is thrilling.
Louise: Young lady, I don’t appreciate your sarcasm.
Kristy: This machine says I'm smoking hot. It's not particularly fun.
Louise: Yeah, well, I had to make you do something because I let you all roam free and you just stand around being boring!

Louise: Of course, our Prankster Extraordinnaire decides to prank everyone by leaving a whoopee cushion… on a park bench. I don’t even get how that works.
Kristy: I am a master of pranking!
Louise: Well, you’ve at least learnt not to set traps right in front of people who punish you for it. That's a big improvement.

Leslie: One, two, one, two!
Louise: You’ve already maxed athletic! Go max handiness!
Leslie: You said you’d let us roam free…
Louise: Yes, at the Spring Festival, but your home is a different matter, dang it! And you decided to be boring and stay at home, so your butt is mine to command.

Louise: Sherman is the only one who isn’t a total bore. Except, after spending hours throwing horseshoes at a stick, even that is debatable. Rachyl is dancing, sure, but I had to force her to do it. First she ended up falling for Kristy’s “cleverly hidden” whoopee cushion and then she sat down to read. You guys are so boring I can’t even.

Rachyl: I believe dancing is vastly overrated. Why does my sister and Flo find this so entertaining?
Louise: You had better just keep friggin’ dancing, young lady. I will not allow you to be super boring.

Louise: Moonwhile, Flo is at a party. Of course. That’s basically the only thing she does other than dancing and rocking in the rocking chair. This time, though, she really has a point. Her choice was between hanging out with the boring Hollanders at the Festival or…
Flo: Looking at guys in limited clothing playing guitars. You know I love those weirdoes, but this choice kind of wasn't hard.

Leslie: Tadaa! I maxed our handiness – happy now?
Louise: Yes, now go do something fun I am so tired of everyone being a massive bore in this chapter.

Leslie: Oh, woe is me! Until now I’ve been forced to stay at home and work hard while my dear family had to have fun without me! *SIIIGH*
Louise: Fun? They wouldn’t know fun if it brutally pummeled them all and left them to bleed out in an alley. Go have fun!

Leslie: This place is amazing!!! You can do that with horseshoes?!
Rachyl: Must… keep… dancing… so tired…

Louise: Leslie really does liven up the Festival a bit. A bit.
Leslie: Sherman Forest! It’s our anniversary! Let’s daaance!
Sherman: Leslie wants to dance… becoolbecoolbecool…

Louise: And so, after a long day of embarrassing themselves in public, the Hollanders can go home and embarrass themselves in private.
Rachyl: And this is how an ostrich looks.
Kristy: No it isn’t, man, that’s a flamingo. You look like a flamingo.

Rachyl: Well, my sister isn’t fun. I’d rather have an ill-advised water balloon fight with Flo when it’s minus three degrees Celsius outside!
Louise: And so we leave the Hollanders on this utterly random note. What did those last pictures have to do with anything? Nothing! And y’all just better deal with it because I can’t write properly today.
Next time: Fantastic faces! Yellow hair! School dances! Oh my, oh my.

Author's note: Finally, I got another one down. I actually wrote this a couple of days ago but I hated it then - now that I've given it a couple of days, I think it's decent.
And good thing that midlife crisis thing is over. Sherman just kept wanting for stuff like cars and makeovers. Leslie kept wanting to divorce Sherman and flirt with someone else.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.12. Boring Spring (25/6)
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »
So happy that both Leslie and Sherman got over their midlife crises and stayed together.  They are perfect for each other! And there is never a dull moment in the Hollander house ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doriankoeuf

• Llama Wrangler
    • The Patel Untouchablecy
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »
I seriously squeed when I saw that you posted an update today, and joined this forum specifically to comment. Your narration is absolutely fabulous. Hope you update soon!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
LOL!  Oh my.  How I love this family!  I think Sherman is my favorite.  The whole stalking his own wife thing just never seems to get old for me lol

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 09:41:51 PM »
" I let you all roam free and you just stand around being boring!" - I KNOW RIGHT?! All the times I'm like, "Okay. I'm just gonna leave you all to do whatever you want." And what do they do?! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I love how Sherman calls Ruby "Not-Leslie" and how the stalker is being stalked. LOL. I also loved how he was trying to "be cool" as if he doesn't have two teenage daughters with Leslie when she asked him to dance. He's so crazy.

The ostrich-flamingo conversation was funny. Rachyl DID look like a flamingo.

You know you love a story when you get this "Yay! Yay! Yay!" feeling inside when you see an update. Excited to see what's up next! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »
Boring spring with the Hollanders? Is that possible?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
Boring has never been so entertaining  ;=)  Love how you handled an update where you didn't feel like much exciting happened by going way overboard on how much nothing exciting happened.  Meantime, the rest of us read it and find a visit to the spring festival hilarious!  Kudos.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:39 AM »
So happy that both Leslie and Sherman got over their midlife crises and stayed together.  They are perfect for each other! And there is never a dull moment in the Hollander house ;D

Yeah, I really can't see Leslie and Sherman away from each other. Their relationship might seem totally dysfunctional (and it probably is) but they're happy.
I can assure you, though, that there are plenty of dull moments :P I just skip over them and pretend they don't exist xD

I seriously squeed when I saw that you posted an update today, and joined this forum specifically to comment. Your narration is absolutely fabulous. Hope you update soon!

Thank you so much! I'm honoured that you'd join up to comment on my silly, little legacy ^_^ I should have an update ready soon(ish).

LOL!  Oh my.  How I love this family!  I think Sherman is my favorite.  The whole stalking his own wife thing just never seems to get old for me lol

I am pretty fond of Sherman, too :P He's so clueless. I'm so glad you like my weirdoes :P

" I let you all roam free and you just stand around being boring!" - I KNOW RIGHT?! All the times I'm like, "Okay. I'm just gonna leave you all to do whatever you want." And what do they do?! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I love how Sherman calls Ruby "Not-Leslie" and how the stalker is being stalked. LOL. I also loved how he was trying to "be cool" as if he doesn't have two teenage daughters with Leslie when she asked him to dance. He's so crazy.

The ostrich-flamingo conversation was funny. Rachyl DID look like a flamingo.

You know you love a story when you get this "Yay! Yay! Yay!" feeling inside when you see an update. Excited to see what's up next! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I know right?! I'm a hopeless control freak and usually micro manage like mad, and then I finally let go and they're boring. Gee, thanks guys!

Yeah, I don't even know what's up with this crazy family xD I'm getting the feeling Sherman hardly even knows he fathered two kids and is married to the woman he's stalking. He's so much fun to write.

With all her pinks and bows, yeah, Rachyl basically IS a flamingo :P Evil flamingo.

Eee, oh, thank you a lot *^_^* blushing here. Your story is also one of the ones I feel like that about, just have to say! I should have more story up soon.

Boring spring with the Hollanders? Is that possible?

It is very possible. Free will has never been so meaningless as when I sent them to the spring festival :P

Boring has never been so entertaining  ;=)  Love how you handled an update where you didn't feel like much exciting happened by going way overboard on how much nothing exciting happened.  Meantime, the rest of us read it and find a visit to the spring festival hilarious!  Kudos.

Ah, thank you so much :D I'm glad you liked the way I handled it, because I was seriously distressed when I sent them off. Nothing much was happening and they didn't make it particularly easy for me!

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2014, 02:15:40 AM »
1.13. AAARGH!

Louise: Welcome back to the-
Leslie: AAAAAARGH!
Louise: Leslie, what’s happening?!
Leslie: AAARGH!

Leslie: Aaaaaargh, this game is amaziiiing!
Louise: Oh. A computer game.
Rachyl: She is playing non-stop.
Kristy: The screaming is horrible.
Louise: Well, I’m turning Leslie into a huge nerd so that she can get a sixth trait to help in her career. She’s getting pretty close to the top.
Leslie: Aaaaaargh…! Yes I’m almost… aaaaargh…. A fabulous… aaaargh… astronaut! … AAARGH!

Rachyl: AAARGH!
Louise: Oh grand, more screaming.
Rachyl: Who did this? Who- Which silly mortal did this to me?
Louise: Gee, I don’t know – how about the only other teen in the household?
Rachyl: Don’t be ridiculous. Everybody knows my sister is boring and innocent. She could never do a thing like this. This is close to my own wickedness!
Louise: Um… yeah…

Louise: Though she isn’t a nerd yet, Leslie is a fighter pilot now. I really didn’t think they’d be mad enough to send her into space but if they’re crazy enough to make her a pilot, why not…
Leslie: Yes, you laughed at me, I noticed. But who’s the fabulous astronaut now?
Louise: Not you, that’s for sure.

Flo: AAAAARGH!
Louise: AAAAARGH! Flo, what the-

Flo: AAAARGH, I love dancing!
Louise: You nearly gave me a heart attack! What is up with your face?!
Kristy: I should be dancing, too… but I finally managed to wrestle Mum away from AstroFab 2000…

Louise: Sherman, meanwhile, has become a Sketch Artist in the Law Enforcement career and has started painting and-

Louise: Uh…
Sherman: I’ve made a portrait of Leslie.
Leslie: *Swoon* my true love is a true artist.
Louise: More like a magician… he changed outfits between two pictures… and no that’s not just because I snapped them on two different days and used a lame joke as an excuse.

Louise: More mysterious pranks happen around the house but no one seems to catch the culprit. Who could it be? Kristy?

Kristy: I sure don’t know. I’m practicing my guitar for music club and I don’t know the first thing about any brilliantly executed pranks. Nope.

Louise: Good thing, too, because prom soon rolls along and the girls both attend. But because I’m a massive idiot, only Rachyl ends up going in her actual prom outfit. Because I know you’re super curious, here is her prom dress:

Rachyl: This dress worked like a charm! Mwahaha! I managed to-
Louise: Please, don’t spoil it. I want it to be a surprise.

Louise: And this is what Kristy should have been wearing to prom. I was so proud of it, too :(
Kristy: Aw, no worries, I got into a nice fight anyway.
Louise: Yeah, both girls got into fights at prom. That, however, is not the only thing they got up to. We leave the Hollanders here and return next time for… l’amour.

Author's note: A pretty short update but that's because more stuff happens in the next one.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.13. AAARGH! (27/6)
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »
Oooo!  I love Kristy's prom dress, Rachyl's too!  I have just had horrible luck with files and glitches, so I tend to stay far away from CC.  But I really love seeing it in your stuff Book.  Also, Leslie's faces were great lol.  And the little joke with Sherman and painting was amusing too.

anything