Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52119 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.7. My Mad Little Jewel (31/07)
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2014, 02:01:35 AM »
The silly faces are strong with this family. Esmée is such a awesome name. It's the kind of name to yell angrily at the villain. ESMEEEE!! Yep, fun to say.

Every Hollander has a penchant for doing stupid things and making silly faces. That is the way of the Hollanders.
Ha, yeah, it's a fun name ;D

Welcome, Esmée!  She is too cute.  I love the fact that she is insane.  Despite the trait, she will probably be one of the most sane ones in the household  :o

And Sherman's igloo was beautiful!  It was a work of art just like his painting of Leslie  ;D

That's absolutely possible XD Ah, can't wait to write her when she grows up! She's going to be such a mad little maniac.

You wanted to show us the igloo to show off your beautiful lighting mod. Seriously gorgeous. I love that Rachyl still talks in italics. And I love that Esmee got to be french like her daddy. Well, in name at least. She will grow to be a beautiful, mad little french flower!

I'm sure I don't know what you mean... I'm not showing off my lighting mod every chance I get or anything *clears throat... violently*
You know, I thought the same thing - French name. It's not really French at all, though, so that was a surprise...

An insane Hollander? Wouldn't that just cancel out?

We'll just have to wait and see.

First things first, it's the first time I saw this, so forgive me if it took me some time to say so, but I LOVE this photo:

That being said, I enjoyed reading Rachyl's crazy in this installment. Her cluelessness is so unique! Loved that pillow-fight shot!

The toddlers are so cute! And the preggo dance was adorable.

The pregnancy books continue to be indispensable to storytellers who want hilarious pregnancy snapshots!

But of course, nothing beats... Leslie's face! That was really funny!

Oh and wow... Esmee... a Hollander who is certifiably Insane. I think I already have a favorite... Dun dun dun!

He, he, I'm just glad you didn't see it until now, honestly :P I put it up waaay before Esmée was born so it's spoilery. But I'm so glad you like it - I'm rather pleased with it, not gonna lie.

I'm glad you enjoyed Rachyl in this. This chapter was so hard to write and I wasn't sure about her characterisation at all.

I'm pretty much going to milk those pregnancy books for all they're worth XD

... And Leslie's face, too!

I have to admit that she's not even a toddler in my game but she's already a favourite of mine, too. I can't wait to try my hand at writing someone who's actually proper insane.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.7. My Mad Little Jewel (31/07)
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »
2.8. Baby Bella

Louise: Welcome, welcome, welcome back to this travesty, this car wreck, this madness that is the Amazing Hollander. Last time, another Hollander was born, my insane little darling, Esmée and you’ve been thinking: “Louise, will that even make a difference?” And after seeing what Kristy’s swim wear is like, I’m inclined to say: No, not really.
Kristy: Yes, everybody’s laughing at me. But then they’ll drown and who will be laughing then?
Louise: … Hopefully not you, you sicko.

Louise: We start this update with some decorative news. The disaster twins have moved bedrooms and gotten new beds to prepare for them to become daft kids. This is Keegan’s half of the room.

Louise: And this is Trish’. Don’t make any noise. Trish is finally sleeping and everyone knows a sleeping Hollander is a quiet Hollander and a quiet Hollander is a good Hollander.

Louise: As soon as she’s awake though, Leslie is here to prove to us that she is, in fact, Grantastic.
Leslie: There you are, precious child, you must learn to walk so that one day you can go in your grandmother’s grand footsteps and become a fabulous astronaut. Though you will struggle to escape Granny Fantastic’s shadow you will become famous on your own merit once you have a terrible accident and get stranded on the moon. You’ll struggle and struggle but soon make a glorious return to our own familiar atmosphere – as a hero.
Trish: (Translated: I’d probably rather hurt people, though?)

Leslie: And oh, woe is this poor, darling child, whose parents are emotionally neglecting her due to their marital difficulties. Good thing she always will have her loving Granny Fantastic.

Louise: However much Leslie would like you to believe things are miserable, though, Kristy and Gus are actually doing rather well together. This is why Kristy has been donning her stupid swim wear.
Kristy: Yeah, but I won’t drown!

Kristy: And if there’s a sudden, violent current in the hot tub I can just swim away.
Gustave: Ah, sacre bleu, I do not like it when there are sudden, violent currents in le ‘ot tub!
Louise: And under what circumstances are there sudden, violent currents in a hot tub?! Oh, you’re not going to reply. Silly me – why would I even try to involve logic in this thing.

Louise: Today’s Picture That Doesn’t Have a Purpose is of Esmée in her colourful crib. She looks pretty pleased, honestly. An insane little gem like her would feel right at home in this mad house.

Louise: Some other updates include Kristy going about her magicky business. She’s followed around by paparazzi now.

Louise: And she’s gotten two more gigs. One at the park and one at the coffee shop. It’s not going bad at all!

Louise: Now, remember how I also promised a new, wacky addition to the family last time? Well, here she is! I recently installed Pets, mostly because I have a mod that controls the amount of stray animals (because otherwise it’d be lagging like there’s no tomorrow), but also because I wanted a daft Hollander pet.

Louise: Leslie’s already welcoming our daft new friend. Now, I swore I’d use random name generators and I found the absolute stupidest random pet name generator ever. It’s so dumb, it suggests names like ‘Indigo Lord’ and ‘Solid Van’. Who names their pets stupid things like that? The Hollanders, that’s who! So, I present to you…

Louise: Baby Bella! Baby. Freaking. Bella. That is such a stupid name. I cannot.
Baby Bella: *Whimper*.
Louise: Don’t worry though, darling, we’ll just call you Baby, and at least your name isn’t Solid Van. Freaking heck I can’t get over how daft that generator is; it’s glorious.

Louise: And rest assured, I’m the one decorating the house, not the family, so Baby gets a little nook with toys, a bed and a bowl. And she’ll probably be weird enough to fit right in.

Louise: Before we finish off, have some pictures of scheming toddlers.
Trish: (Translated: … and then you wait outside with the getaway car!)
Keegan: (Translated: But I can’t drive! Besides, driving is terribly dangerous… maybe I should use a bike. It would be better for the environment…)

Trish: (Translated: Don’t be silly, brother, we have to use a car. Where else would I stash all the stolen nachos?)
Keegan: (Translated: *Sob* But we’ll all die from global warming…).
Louise: Don’t ask me what just passed here. I don’t know.

Louise: Luckily, Baby has just sort of passed out. And with this adorable picture, I leave the Hollanders to their own devices. Next time: Birthdays. Probably. I haven’t actually played the next part yet but ya know, something is sure to happen.

Note: No animals were harmed during the making of this chapter. She was, however, severely confused. But who wasn't?

Author's note: You could argue that bringing innocent animals into this is cruel, but then I've been bringing innocent children into this for a while so why not.
And I swear that pet name generator has to have been made by someone who was high on... herbs. Have a look yourselves:
http://online-generator.com/name-generator/pet-name-generator.php
Of course, if you guys all have dogs named Indigo Lord, Solid Van and Misty Mr. Doug You'll excuse me for making fun of your beloved pets. Baby Bella was probably the least silly of the names from that generator, so I got lucky with Baby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.8. Baby Bella (01/08)
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:52 AM »
Oh my gosh! That first photo! Hahahahaha... I so love your shots!

Awww... I love their room! So pretty... And gosh.. Trish's half... already so... uhh... evil.

"...everyone knows a sleeping Hollander is a quiet Hollander and a quiet Hollander is a good Hollander." - wahahahaha!!!

Why does Leslie always assume that Kristy is having marital difficulties? She doesn't look like she's having marital difficulties though... *facepalm*

"An insane little gem like her would feel right at home in this mad house." - I nod. Esmée is right where she belongs.

It's the perfect Hollander generator. Who knows? Maybe a Hollander madet aht generator...

"But we’ll all die from global warming…" - I love Keegan for this... hahaha... It's like Trish got all the evil genes and now, Keegan's left with all this green thumb goodness.

Kindly assure us that no animals were hurt in the making of this chapter. Thank you.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:13 AM »
Oh my gosh! That first photo! Hahahahaha... I so love your shots!

Awww... I love their room! So pretty... And gosh.. Trish's half... already so... uhh... evil.

"...everyone knows a sleeping Hollander is a quiet Hollander and a quiet Hollander is a good Hollander." - wahahahaha!!!

Why does Leslie always assume that Kristy is having marital difficulties? She doesn't look like she's having marital difficulties though... *facepalm*

"An insane little gem like her would feel right at home in this mad house." - I nod. Esmée is right where she belongs.

It's the perfect Hollander generator. Who knows? Maybe a Hollander madet aht generator...

"But we’ll all die from global warming…" - I love Keegan for this... hahaha... It's like Trish got all the evil genes and now, Keegan's left with all this green thumb goodness.

Kindly assure us that no animals were hurt in the making of this chapter. Thank you.

I'm glad you like it :P She used to have full-on scuba gear but I changed that during her pregnancy and never changed it back...

It's the vampire teddy and red decor that does it, I imagine.

Isn't it just an ideal name generator? I genuinely don't know what they were thinking... the only problem with it is that some of the names are too long for the game but then I'll just have to roll again when that happens...

What an excellent idea - I've added a little note to the chapter :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »
Baby is so cute! I laughed when I saw Kristy in her scuba gear in the hot tub. That's just pure Hollander awesomeness  ;D

Offline chihuahuazero

• Nooboo
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
Hey! I remade my Carls account so I can post in this thread. Ivane recommended this, and I'm loving your legacy so far! It's funny throughout, and it moves at the right pace. Telling from your last post, you're doing a good job establishing your new generation's personalities, as that's important in getting colorful heirs early.

And don't feel bad about Bella. You're the one who stole Flo away from her family to become a free babysitter. And besides the fact that she never saw her husband again, you treated her...well.

EDIT: Oh, and do you use a skin replacement? I've been thinking of getting one, and your Sims look great.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »
Awww, Baby! So cute. I used the name generator just for fun and the first name I got was White Farter. Well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »
I read the title and I was like, "Yay! More nooboos! That was fast!" But instead of a cuddly french fry baby, I see a picture of a dog making a Help Me face

BWHAHAHAHAHA  :D I don't know why but that made me so happy. I'm voting Baby Bella for heir!  8)

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
Leslie and Baby Bella should get a crime TV show entitled "Grantastic and the BB-Gun".

..... I need sleep.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »
Leslie and Baby Bella should get a crime TV show entitled "Grantastic and the BB-Gun".

..... I need sleep.

Every day, I love you more and more.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2014, 03:35:12 AM »
Baby is so cute! I laughed when I saw Kristy in her scuba gear in the hot tub. That's just pure Hollander awesomeness  ;D

Glad to have made you laugh :D I always thought Kristy was loopy enough for that scuba gear.

Hey! I remade my Carls account so I can post in this thread. Ivane recommended this, and I'm loving your legacy so far! It's funny throughout, and it moves at the right pace. Telling from your last post, you're doing a good job establishing your new generation's personalities, as that's important in getting colorful heirs early.

And don't feel bad about Bella. You're the one who stole Flo away from her family to become a free babysitter. And besides the fact that she never saw her husband again, you treated her...well.

EDIT: Oh, and do you use a skin replacement? I've been thinking of getting one, and your Sims look great.

That's so awesome - thanks for reading along! :D And thank you for your commentary, it's really useful for a write to get to know that kind of thing!

Ha, ha, I hope Baby will be okay, just as Flo was :P It could be worse, after all!

I do use a skin replacement :) I'll drop you a link so you can check it out for yourself. I'm too lazy to manually edit Sims' skins so default replacements are where it's at!

I read the title and I was like, "Yay! More nooboos! That was fast!" But instead of a cuddly french fry baby, I see a picture of a dog making a Help Me face

BWHAHAHAHAHA  :D I don't know why but that made me so happy. I'm voting Baby Bella for heir!  8)

We'll just, like, replace all the Hollanders with dogs. They'll drink from the toilet and sniff people and nobody will be able to tell the difference.

..... I need sleep.

Leslie... solving crime? :P It was bad enough that Sherman was a cop...

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2014, 01:19:35 AM »
Oh my... my brain seems to have utterly shut down and any comment I made would just be unintelligible lol  But I do love the Hollanders, so very much!

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:03 AM »
Oh my... my brain seems to have utterly shut down and any comment I made would just be unintelligible lol  But I do love the Hollanders, so very much!

This is the Hollander thread - intelligibility was never an issue here :P

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2014, 06:54:44 AM »
While I'm getting the next update ready, take a gander at these bits of news about Hollanders (and Voldemort) living outside the main house:

Yeah, Jim be still creeping on the old lady. He is so a gold digger. Don't believe me?

Boom! Yeah, Jim's married. I don't even know how old June Shallow is at this point but last I checked she was 102 days... And that was a long time ago.
They actually married before moving in together but eh, yeah...

Some more cheery news:

Woo, you go, Rachyl! And even better:

Rachyl is putting her very own demon spawn into the world. Joy to the world!
It's almost weird because Rachyl is also smooching Devon Clarke in Ivane's Chronicles of Clarke - go check out her cameo appearance if you haven't already. You should just plain check out Ivane's legacy in any case. She's a master!
Take a look: http://brainofivane.com/

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2014, 10:24:17 AM »
Ahaha... alternate universe! Her dorm room is so pink now! Thanks for the mention! *blushes profusely*