Author Topic: Tales o' the Corsair  (Read 8324 times)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
Tales o' the Corsair
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
Tales o' the Corsair pt. 1: Poop Deck Luck

Batten down the hatches and stay thee-selves, for here be the tale of the great Captain Corsair.  Ages ago, our fair captain traded his entire fortune of pieces o' eight to a haggard gypsy in return for immortal life, but all was not as it seemed.  After the gypsy preformed the ceremony, she told Corsair that his eternal life would only stand fast as long as he be upon the open sea; once afoot on the soil his enchantment would break!  So Captain Corsair, not one to be hornswaggled, made ready his ship and crew of seadogs and set sail in search of the greatest treasure in the Simuyan Sea - the Golden Cobra.  If he could find this great treasure, he would have enough doubloons to live a mortal life with more rum and fancies than he could imagine!
But alas, all was not well on the Corsair, as the crew grew tired of spending so many years searching the sea on a fool's errand.  The scalawags mutinied against the captain and set him adrift on the Simuyan.  Here our captain remained, aimlessly floating in the sea for the better part of two centuries.  Here he cursed his immortality and longed for a warm bed, a ripe lassie, and a night spent three sheets to the wind.  
After what seemed like an eternity asea, Captain Corsair woke up to a sight that made him shake in his boots, land ho!  Corsiar stepped foot on the small island of Barnacle Bay and instantly felt a rush of energy leaving his body, he now knew that he had become mortal once again.  Unbeknownst to that scurvy dog of a gypsy, the captain had pilfered the recipe for immortality from her while she was preparing the ceremony, and spent his time at sea hatching the perfect plan: he would form a new crew of his own bloodline, blessed with eternal life!
Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen, for the time of high-sea adventure is at hand!  How will Captain Corsair adapt to the new world?  Will he be able to trick the citizens of Barnacle Bay to do his bidding in preparation of the immortality recipe?  Will he change out of the clothes hes been wearing for over 200 years?  Stay tuned and find out in the next installment: Teaching a Seadog New Tricks!

Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 1: Poop Deck Luck
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 2: Teaching a Seadog New Tricks
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 3: Wed Men Tell No Tales
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 4: Abandon hope all maids who enter here!
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 5: The Stripey and the Jack o' Coins
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 6: Turning Maids on the Account
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 7: Corsair Compound
Mini-Update
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 8:
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 9:

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: Tales o' the Corsair
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
Yaarrrr!

In other words, totally awesome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »
Good start Tommy.  That is a different approach and will be looking forward to reading more.  I think we read more than we play anymore, lol.  Nice looking pirate too.  Good luck.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »
Great start, Tommy!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
 ;D  I can't wait to learn more.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 2: Teaching a Seadog New Tricks

Avast ye scalawags!  Our captain has landed on Barnacle Bay and has but two things on the mind, lassies and a hot meal!  Corsair follows his nose to the home of Odessa, who happens to be striking and making a meal all in one - this landlubber might be the prize booty of all Barnacle Bay!  The captain wastes no time in wooing said dame, quickly making her his betrothed.

"Behold this treasured jewel from the sea, from mine.. arr heart?  To yours?  How say ye!?"
"Oh wow!  What an expensive ring!  Yeah I'll totally marry you, but we have to do something about that costume.."

Captain Corsair and Odessa take the yellow land boat back to the spot of the captain's original landing on Barnacle Bay and start working on their skills.  Corsair will focus on the crafting side of the eternal life recipe: painting, fishing and gardening.  There always be dames nearby for making mess, so the captain opts out on cooking.

The Corsair Dynasty coffers are getting a bit low by this point, so the captain decides it's time to bite the flintlock and do some labor.  Odessa seems like a nice lassie, albeit lacking a few marbles.

Aye, and the attire, the attire just must go..
"Off with ye, find something respectable to don!"
"Haha Corsair stop fooling, I don't know anyone named don!"
"Arr, just wear these rags from the last keelhauled dame."
"Teehee how cute!  Oh my gosh I feel like a movie star!"
"At least you're thinkin what I'm thinking.."

Odessa starts out with 9 Cooking and level 8 Culinary career, so it didn't take long to max both of those and get the most awesome MinusOne Kelvin fridge that I covet for all my families.  Now Odessa focuses on Painting so she can make portraits of the captain as he ages (I'm not doing ice sculptures or photographs because honestly it gives me a headache :) ).  Captain Corsair progresses steadily through the Science career while maxing Fishing, Handiness and Gardening.  Corsair was also the cartographer on his ship long ago, so he'll focus on painting too once his job skills and career are maxed.

Captain and Odessa have both maxed their career and relevant skills at this point, and since Odessa is 2 days away from being an elder now seems like a good time to create the first crew-member of Corsair's new fleet.

"Oh gosh!  Oh phooey this is bad!  Umm, ahh, Corsair?  What happens now?"
"Shiver me timbers!  None o' this was in the pirate handbook!"

Aye, a wee lassie?!  Ah well, better to the messhall or infirmary than to the gallows, baby Grace O'Mally Corsair is born.  She'll become a World Renowned Surgeon so the Corsair family can have enough money to build a compound.

Stick around to see how our little pirate comes into her own and how the Corsair Compound turns out in the next installment: Wed Men Set No Sails!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
Too bad pirating isn't one of the new professions.   :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 03:10:34 AM »
Wow a nice way to tell the story im totally in love with it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 05:17:19 AM »
Outstanding, Tommy!  Really...  just outstanding!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 06:02:37 AM »
This is great! I love this story!  ;D Barnacle Bay looks like a lot of fun, but I cannot get it. Oh well, I am sure your stories will satisfy me!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 11:47:32 PM »
Awwww, shucks!  You used my favorite person, Grace O'Malley.  Well, I'll just have to use her Gaelic name.  By the way, did you know she met with Queen Elizabeth and they came to an agreement.  Grace would stop pirating and Elizabeth would free her family members and return lands and gold she had taken when she captured them.  (She reneged on it.)  At this meeting Grace sneezed, and needed to blow her nose. QE gave her, her handkerchief, which Grace used gratefully.  And then threw it into the fireplace!  Lovely, hand made, fine lace and all.  Ok, now ask why, (which is what Elizabeth did).
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »
Sorry Joria!  Haha maybe she didn't want to give QE cooties.  Glad you guys like it so far, I'm a little busy now but expect a big update on Tuesday!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 05:34:51 AM »
This is great, at least parts that I understood ;D
Loving originality and creativity with sun and beaches involved, I can wait to see next chapter! And hope to understand more of this pirate's dialect hahahaha

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Sorry Joria!  Haha maybe she didn't want to give QE cooties.  Glad you guys like it so far, I'm a little busy now but expect a big update on Tuesday!

Close.  She told the outraged queen it would have been considered rude to present her with a befouled item.  In reality, she didn't want any of her body parts around that could be used against her magically.  Ahh, these marvelous, magical, Celts.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 3: Wed Men Set No Sails

We last left our captain with newborn Grace O'Mally, the first member of his immortal crew.  Wee babes require a doting parent, so it's a good thing Odessa was around.  She aged up to elder the day after bearing Grace, and Corsair knows that his beloved won't last forever (to paint his family).  The captain spends the next week held away in the studio.

The Corsair family actually has a house now, somewhat.  I don't usually play multi-generational families and I know that trying to micromanage all of them will be very frustrating for me so I'm just going to focus whoever the current Dynasty target is and let everyone else do whatever they want under Free Will.  To make all this happen I figured that a 'compound' or 'condo community' would work well.  
I'll eventually end up with 6 identical houses in 2 rows with a large estate and the end of the rows.  None of the homes will have a kitchen, instead I'll have a large central kitchen/dining room where the family will come together to eat.  The stove and counterspace will be in a locked room that only my chef can access (so no Sims get accidental Cooking points) but there will still be local fridges for quick meals.  One room in each house will be locked and will contain the skill items for the immortal living in that house so nobody gets the wise idea to come in and play chess without me knowing.  I was able to make 4 of the identical houses and the kitchen before I ran out of money, no landscaping or decorations yet unfortunately.

Grace O'Mally soon ages up to toddler - she's got her fathers angled bone structure and pirate nose, and her mothers squinty bland eyes.  Definitely not my cutest Sim baby, but at lease she'll look the part as a pirate!

Corsair takes a much more active role in raising Grace at this point, as there be plenty o' booty to be had in the form of LHP's!  He teaches her to walk/talk/potty on the first day and spends the rest of her toddler days reading the kid logic books to her and continuing his paintings.  Grace gets plenty of LHP's of her own, as her mood bar has been filled to the top ever since becoming a toddler.  She already looks like she's up to something...

After a couple more days of the adults painting and Grace playing with blocks she ages up to child, and not a moment too soon - time for this lassie to pull her weight around deck!  Everything I didn't like about her face grew bigger with this life stage, I didn't include a close up because I want to see what she turns out like as a teen - she may be wearing face paint pretty soon here haha!

Up next: Abandon hope all maids who enter here!

ladylaw1978

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
Oh the pirate thing is just too much fun. Odessa is a cutey and she and her Scurvy Corsair make wonderful babies!!  I love the story. Keep it up!

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »
Tales o' the Corsair, pt. 4: Abandon hope all maids who enter here!

Here's a little mini-update I forgot to include in my earlier posts.  Apparently this maid had a problem with Corsair, bad move ye lily-livered scalawag!  

The captain gives the scoundrel what-for and is a hog's hair away from keelhauling the dog, but instead decides 'firing' this Sim would fit better with the new age.

However, Corsair shoots off a glare that be makin' any landlubber shake in their boots!

Back to the present, Grace O'Mally is slated to be a World-Renowned Surgeon once she gets her sea legs about her, so she be off to the library to study up.  Thanks to my prep-work with her as a toddler she starts out with 3 logic, and with her genius and bookworm trait she shoots up to 10 Logic within a few days - and the honor roll.  A gentlelady o' fortune in the making!

Our dear captain ages up a few days into Grace's childhood, an elder at last!  It looks like Grace manages to peg him with a magic sparkle peashooter right in the back!  Although he be aged moreso than his last bout of eternal life, Corsair is ready to recreate the old gypsy's ceremony... but yet again the attire must go...

Ah much better, here Corsair smiles for the first time since landing in Barnacle Bay.

But then he remembers how much he hates magic sparkles...

At this point Odessa is 88 days old and will be journeyin' to the Fiddler's Green soon; Corsair's Painting is at 10, he has a garden full of perfect fruits/diary/meat/omni and an inventory full o' deathfish.  I think I'll have Grace learn Cooking as well just so I'll have all the crafting bases of the Dynasty covered.  

My next steps are to age up Grace, find her a mate, level up her career and complete the Corsair Compound.  See how it all turns out in the next installment: The Stripey and the Jack o' Coins!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »
The time sure did fly by!  Seems like only yesterday the Captain washed up in Barnacle Bay.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 02:11:39 AM »
This is great, Tommy! You're a braveheart to strike out into this new territory.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »
That captain is the gnarliest looking dude I have ever seen!  Crow bait for sure!  Better hide the plank because he definitely looks slated to walk it.  Oh, wait!  It won't matter!  He's immortal.  (Runs to hide Granuaille so she never runs into him in Barnacle Bay!)

I personally think the kidlet is adorable and not that unfortunate in facial features.  She didn't get his nose, did she?

----------
My No Buy Story

ladylaw1978

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 09:25:57 PM »
I am in love with the Captain ;) Like Pam said, it does seem only yesterday that the Captain swept into town. I feel like I'm taking forever! Great work!

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 04:40:01 AM »
I personally think the kidlet is adorable and not that unfortunate in facial features.  She didn't get his nose, did she?

She sure did!  That pic of her reading is cute but you should see her head-on, it's weird she looks like a mini-adult haha.  I'll have a huge chunk of time tomorrow, hopefully I can get Grace to Adult and almost ready for Ambrosia.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
Tales o' the Corsair pt. 5: The Stripey and the Jack o' Coins

Happy birthday Grace!  You're a real.. well.. you have a beautiful personality!

She needs an immediate makeover, and I opt for a typical teenage angst look.  It looks like the sides of her face are missing!

Grace's Teen years fly by; I already had her max Logic as a Child, and for her Teen feat I have her max Cooking and in turn complete her LTW - Culinary Librarian.  All this is done 3 days before her birthday, so I just have her watch TV and complete any wishes that pop up.
I decided to have a birthday party for Grace since I usually don't have parties for my Sims.  I invited a couple of Captain and Odessa's work buddies and 3 potential suitors that Grace met in school.

Otis here has lavender eyes, but is in dire need of a haircut.

Marcelo has boring eyes like Grace, but is already an Adult (which is good because I want the spouses to die as soon as possible to make room for the firstborns)

Birthday time!  Let's see how she turns out..

Jayson and Otis promptly throw up into their noisemakers, but Marcelo seems pleased with the results..

Very pleased!

So it looks like Marcelo is going to be Grace's target husband.  Grace gets a job at the hospital right away and flies through the first few promotions due to her high logic.  I now have enough money to finish off the rest of the Corsair Compound, but I'm procrastinating because I know it will take me hours ;)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »
Great update!  I was laughing so hard when I read "beautiful personality".  Thank you for the laugh.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

ladylaw1978

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
Great last posting. Hey, Grace is much better looking now. You know, the teens on the game always seem to go through that "awkward look" state and get better after aging up.