Author Topic: Are you weirdly attached to any of your sims?  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Bluestar

• Nooboo
Are you weirdly attached to any of your sims?
« on: July 02, 2014, 03:43:04 AM »
I know this sounds weird but I feel weirdly attached to one of my sims! And I feel like I see this sim from the shoes of one of my other sims. Like, that sim is attached to her and some how so am I!! There's this whole story going on between two sims. One of my sims met Tamara Donner at the pool and then a romance started with them. They were both cheaters. Tamara cheats all the time. But so my sim holly kept getting ignored by Tamara a lot who was very fickle. So before holly thought she might be cheating on her, she cheated with some random pizza dude. And he was never ignoring her and always liked to hang out, was always eager. But I don't like that sim very much. It's like holly's mind is mine. To me I can feel holly's attachment to the other sim, it's hard to explain. So holly doesn't like him much, and she wants Tamara back. She accused her because she suspected cheating. Then they disliked each other. Then holly wanted her back still and kept sucking up to her and the roomies household. Holly tries her hardest to make friends but no one likes her much.
Obviously, sim characters can't think like that. So it's like I'm thinking for them like I'm them. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? That's what makes the stories come to life though. I feel like I take on the mind of the characters I play, but for the most part holly. I actually feel like I have opinions of my sims as well!! Like, I like certain sims more than others. And I have opinions of th all (if I play them often. The other sims are just uninvolved strangers to be until my favorite sim meets one of them and is a part of their lives)It feels like a real life impression. Am I insane?? I'm pretty sure this post sounds insane.

Offline Randox

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Are you weirdly attached to any of your sims?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
I certainly have an idea of who I want my Sims to be when I create them or choose traits and so on. As for an attachement, I get attached to most of my Sims for at least a while.

Here are Lisa and Adam, who started out this save as children a very long time ago:

My intention was always to marry them, and I just put them in another household so I could see them grow up first. I made them both immortal soon after they became young adults using a Lifetime Wish thingy (which is good because it only took me like 40 hours of gameplay to get around to being able to make Ambrosia). Adam is extremely ambitious, and is quickly mastering a succession of careers to keep his life interesting, taking a bit of time at the top of each one to build up some money. His wife Lisa is the adventurous type, having become an Astronaut to leave her lots of free time for making potions and exploring the world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »
Oh, gosh, yes, I get attached to my sims, to the point I've cried when those special ones die. And, yes, I do know what you're talking about, OP, about how sometimes your sims take on lives of their own. I've had two in my ID that really broke the mold and came alive, Merida and her son, Malik. I won't go into details (bc I plan on posting the dynasty soon) but Merida was a fun, active, happy momma bear and her son was a determined, Insane little genius who brought a lot of comic relief and light to the family for most of his life that I couldn't help falling in love with them.

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »

Oh, gosh, yes, I get attached to my sims, to the point I've cried when those special ones die.

Oh wow I can empathise here. My first TS3 Sim, Athena Hale. She was amazing, I loved her. I grew so attached to her life and her obstacles and her triumphs that when ol' Grimmy came for her, I was in tears. I think I'm getting emotional just thinking back on it :P

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
I have Desire, she's here:

She's had at least five surnames in different files, including Iridis, DeCrescent, Twinklehope, Nanairo and Jewelsong. She's been both on rainbow slider and normal slider, and nowadays, not having her in town makes me feel it's missing something. As you maybe can see from her clothes, she's Insane, one of the reasons I grew so attached to her.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
I'm super attached to Destiny Cross (my profile pic) who is my legacy's gen 3 heir... When her husband "accidentally" flirted with the repairwoman (I wanted to know her sign and he was handy) and they lost the eternally faithful moodlet and she accused him of cheating, I totally felt her pain (o so I caused it but I still felt super bad about it!) And I know when Grim comes for her I'm going to be crying buckets even though I have just as much of a connection with her daughter (and heir) Xenia...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dharmagoddess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »
I'm awful fond of my current sim, Georgina. I don't want her to age up because I want to do everything with her.  I also have a major fascination with Bonehilda. While my sim is at class I follow Hildy around. I <3 her so much, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:57 AM »
I also have a Georgina. She's Xenia's younger sister and I have to admit I'm not looking forward to the time when she ages up and I have to kick her out the house. Her twin, Arabella,  is also a favorite of mine.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 03:44:29 AM »
I'm so attached to one of my sims that I had to age freeze her so she could stay alive forever. (I wanted other sims to age, which is why I didn't just turn off aging.) She just always seems to pop wishes for things that I want her to do, so she gets heaps of LTHP while not making me feel guilty for forcing her to do things, instead of wish-based play. I often feel bad for my sims if I ignore their wishes.  :D

Offline seakissed

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 01:50:59 AM »
I completely get what your talking about! And I'm loving seeing the attachments everyone else has gotten, its really reassuring. I've been doing a 100 baby challenge and I've been so attached to one of my kids, I've been keeping him around even after becoming an adult just because he makes me laugh whenever I scroll over to him

I think it started when he was just a toddler, he was the only kid who moved around while I was taking pictures in create-a-sim. Ever since hes turned into a teen I've just been fixated on him. Hes a bit dorky, he always has this goofy smile and hes always nice to the other kids. Also he was the only kid who played enough with his imaginary friend, she came to life and after much effort we made her into a real girl. They've just gotten married and the grandchild is on the way, I'm going to miss him so much when he has to go. 

Offline sadsim

• The Saddest Sim
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:55:54 AM »
I've never been attached to Sims until recently. I'm not in love with just one,  though- I'm in love with the whole family! I started with a man,  Keisuke Ito then married Susan Wainwright in SV. They had two kids and then when they were running low on funds I had Keisuke marry Morgana something-or-other. Susan quicklygot over it (I'm guessing because she loves money; she's a snob) an they all live together. Morgana and Keisuke also have a toddler together and Susan just married VJ Alviand moved him and Miraj in... I guess their dad died?   :(
I just love this family and I never want to stop playing with them!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »
I played the Island Paradise Altos and totally fell in love with Ashley. I ended up having her marry her teen RI and have a kid. There was a lot of drama with that family - Lopita married an original townie and then killed him off, while Alfonso had like 50 RIs after being asked on constant dates.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
I've taken quite a liking to Sarah...

I don't even know why. I just like the way she's turned out after growing up from a baby all the way to young adult.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
As I make sims deliberately for characters I write for in occasion, it's very hard for me to play the game with them because I simply want their story to last forever, haha! There are two sims in particular I adore (and you all might be seeing soon... ;]) simply because their sims have the personalities I envisioned them having as well! Now I don't think I can ever let those two go. :P

pandapants33

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
I don't like my sims to die that's why I turn ageing off