Author Topic: Trade Winds  (Read 3884 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Trade Winds
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »

Lot size 60x60 (original lot: 432 Tidal Terrace, Barnacle Bay)

9 bed spaces (4 double, 1 single) plus cot; 4 baths
Price on original lot: §152,221 furnished, §79,102 unfurnished

Content used:
Expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Stuff packs: High End Loft, Fast Lane, Town Life, Master Suite

Free store content:
Weba Yayfoo!
K2 Ivy
Cellar Arch
Explorer’s Loot (WA registration set)

Other store content:
Barnacle Bay (used extensively)
Monte Vista (plants)
Hidden Springs (just the front door, I think)
Sunlit Tides (sauna and massage table)

Bayside Kitchen Set
India Inspirations Bedroom

Theo’s Contempo Dining Table
In Your Vase
Kingdom of Cambodia Walk the Path Rug
Haute Hip Curtain Collection V.1

This is the house I built for my 4x4 Dynasty family after their original Barnacle Bay house turned out to be terminally bugged.  It's been slightly adapted and Seasons content added.  Most of the house has a seaside/nautical theme, the exception being India’s bedroom, which uses the India Inspirations set from the Store.  It has a large living room, kitchen-diner and study on the ground floor, with five bedrooms, a nursery and a second study/hobbies room upstairs and a gym, sauna and painting studio in the outbuilding.  The grounds feature gardens, a children’s playground and a landscaped pool (which the ungrateful Sims never used, as far as I can remember!)

Notes
  • The house plays well but I found that switching between live and build/buy modes could be slow.  If this happens, I’d suggest deleting some of the plants in the garden, which appear to be the cause.
  • The piece of the half-wall nearest the full-height wall (between the kitchen and dining areas) keeps going back to the default setting, at least in my game, but it’s easily fixed in CASt by copying the wood across from one of the other sections.
  • The fridge has more than the usual contents but I couldn’t be bothered to re-export the house just to fix that  ;).

Ground floor plan                                                                  First floor plan

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Trade Winds
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:56 AM »
I love this house - it has a great feel to it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.