Author Topic: Story Proofreading & Editing - Request Thread  (Read 988 times)

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
Story Proofreading & Editing - Request Thread
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »

The Proofreading & Editing Request Thread

Looking for help when it comes to proofreading your next story post? Willing to look over and edit said posts? Then this thread is for you!

Post a request for someone to edit your post material for any spelling/grammar mistakes, find syntax errors, offer constructive criticism, or just proofread your story. Alternatively, if you'd rather be an editor, post an announcement about just that.

Request Form

For Writers
  • Specify the number of volunteers you'd prefer to have looking over your story.
  • Tell us a little about your story: what genre of writing is it in? What kind of theme are you going for? While you don't need to post every single detail about your story, it is helpful to put background information to help find someone who may be familiar with it, and thusly be able to help you more.
  • Be detailed and specific for what you're looking for: Do you want someone to have experience with a certain genre to help you edit? What kind of errors do you want your editors to spot?
For Editors
  • State whether or not you're willing to edit any story, whether you wish to edit for one request in particular, or anything in between.
  • Try to state what you're familiar or unfamiliar with, and your strengths and weaknesses as an editor within your request.

And remember, you can apply to be an editor and place requests for someone else to look over your work.

Rules
  • All Forum Rules apply no matter what.
  • If you're a writer, please PM the volunteers you have decided to help you edit. Please also send a PM to me, or state in this thread (preferably the former than the latter) that your request is fulfilled so I may close the request order.
  • Do not post the actual story draft you want edited in this thread; instead, send it over PM to the volunteers to avoid cluttering up this thread as well as causing a messy situation. While I'm sure that this is uncommon to do, better safe than sorry nevertheless.
  • Please restrict the story material you want edited Sims 3 related- this is still a part of the Sims 3 boards, and not the Babble Board.
  • Support messages, advice, and other messages as such are welcomed and encouraged in general, but should be kept to a certain limit as this is mainly a request thread. I'm in favor of writers sharing tips on how to write an exciting Life States dynasty story, for example, but not for it becoming the main topic of this thread when that was not the original focus.

Mods, if there are any rules that can be added or made more flexible, or anything in general that could be changed, please let me know and I'll be glad to edit this post.

Happy Sim Story writing, everyone! :D

List of Editors
  • symphonicanima
  • bubbles
  • Jamie

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: The Proofreading & Editing Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »
I would like to sign up to be an editor. I prefer to read comedy and fantasy stories but I read basically everything. I'm quite strong at spotting spelling and grammar mistakes in others peoples work but less in my own (As some of you may have noticed!). I'm not so good at punctuation but once I know what I'm looking for I'm okay.

I may also ask for others to proofread my work occasionally because often a second pair of eyes really helps.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Story Proofreading & Editing - Request Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:55:20 PM »
I'd like to be an editor! I'm willing to read any type of story/post. I'm pretty good at finding spelling/grammar/punctuation mistakes and I've always been the one at school that my friends ask to edit their reports and papers, but I don't have any type of professional experience.

I don't write my own stories but I really love reading them!  ;D

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Re: Story Proofreading & Editing - Request Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
I'd love to have a proofreader for my story actually. I always make mistakes and not notice them until AFTER I publish the chapter... *facepalm*