Author Topic: The Sims 4 PC Requirements  (Read 30230 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 PC Requirements
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
Sims 4 System Requirements

Quick Links:
Minimum System Requirements
Recommended System Requirements
Player Recommended Specs

Notes:

First, let me give a shout out to Dellena for posting this information before me. :)

As packs and game updates are added to the game, It becomes harder for lower end computers to handle the game and will end up causing problems like crashing, lag, graphical glitches and just may not work at all.

Also please keep in mind the more updates EA/Origin releases for both the Origin client and game the more neither are going to work on older/lower end pcs.

EA gives a 24 hour trial for the base game. They do not offer refunds on add-ons to this game if your computer can't run it.

Minimum System Requirements:

** Please be aware these specs below are for Sims 4 Base Game only. These specs may not run future expansions, game and stuff packs that well. - Minimum specs doesn't guarantee good gaming performance. **

What are the PC minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)

MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

(Source:  The Sims FAQ)

Recommended System Requirements:

What are the PC recommended system requirements for The Sims 4?

Recommended Specs

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster

AMD Athlon X4

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Player Recommended Specs

The specs below are recommended by those who play Sims 4.

Recommended specs or better will not only load the game onto the computer, it will be able to be played on medium up to ultra settings (depending on game settings/preferences and system components). It will also be better at handling whatever downloadable content (DLC, expansions, etc.), custom content, mods and updates the game will receive.

Desktop Specs:
Processor: 2.5 GHz processor or faster from either AMD or Intel.
Graphics: GTX or AMD R7 or better (dedicated) graphics with 1 to 2 GB video memory. Look for a card that has GDDR5 memory.
System Memory: 8 GB Memory
Hard Drive Space: At least 500 GB
For laptops - a cooling mat (even if the laptop will be used on a desk).

Laptop Specs:
Processor : i7 HQ or MQ quad ~ 2.4 GHz
Video card : Nvidia GTX 960m or better
System Memory: 8GB
Hard Drive Space: At least 500 GB
Windows 64 bit

Laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You need a much more powerful laptop to equal the requirements on desktop. A laptop that meets requirements maybe more expensive than a desktop. - Laptops can not be upgraded you are stuck with the specs you buy .

Read more in the post below -
Buying a Computer For The Sims 3 & The Sims 4
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21609.msg387974#msg387974

Game Help:TS4 System Requirements
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:TS4_System_Requirements

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 PC Requirements
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:49 AM »
I've unlocked this topic so we can discuss these system requirements and ask questions for our more technical members.  As always, please stay on topic.  Unrelated or inappropriate posts will be deleted without notice.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:17:15 PM »
I'm stocked to see these specs! I just got a new (reasonably powerful) computer for my birthday and it will absolutely smash the Sims4 by the looks of it. It should last me a good long while which is great!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:14:41 AM »
I have a rather old, cranky media server sitting upstairs. It is BARELY above the minimum requirements.

I'm planning to install The Sims 4 on it to see just how well it runs. I figure doing that might be useful for forum members. :)

Naria

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
I have a question of the tech people on here. My Gateway desktop has an Intel Pentium G6951, with 2.80GHz. Where does that rank with the Intel Core 2 Duo? Below, above? It has 2 cores, I know that much.

I am getting the strong feeling I now need a laptop AND another desktop tower...  :(

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »
The CPU meets the minimum requirements. It's probably -slightly- better than a 2.8ghz core 2 duo, but not by much.

Naria

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »
The CPU meets the minimum requirements. It's probably -slightly- better than a 2.8ghz core 2 duo, but not by much.

System requirements lab gave me a big fat no on my CPU.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
Vs a 3.1Ghz Core 2 Duo, it was only -very- slightly slower... and we're talking maybe no more than 5% difference.

Checked on Game Debate. Your CPU is 2% higher than the minimum... apparently. :)

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »
I've got a Dell Vostro 460 desktop mini-tower with Windows 7, an Intel Core i7-2600 CPU clocking in at 3.4 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, but an integrated graphics card... Though, I think that won't affect my performance much when it comes to the Sims 4.

Still, I'm wondering if I should put in an investment for an actual graphics card for the Sims 4 (and Sims 3, the rest of my more graphics-intensive games) or if I'll be more than fine with what I got. For the more tech-savvy people, any commentary and recommendations?

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
Yes. Yes you should.

No question. :p

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 09:43:31 PM »
According to the following website...

http://www.pcworld.com/product/817767/vostro-460.html

You have a 350W PSU. You can put a new graphics card in, but be very mindful of power requirements. The images I've found seem to give the impression you have a decent amount of room in there too, so that's good. :)

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »
I figured as much, haha. ;D I have very little experience with buying one though, and I'm not sure what to get, or even how to install it- the mysteries of computer hardware elude me so. (Still, I'm glad my computer more than meets the specs. I think.)

And hm. Time to go browsing for graphics cards... would you mind PMing me any suggestions when it comes to buying graphics cards? Thank you! :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 03:59:50 PM »
I'm really nervous about my computer. I bought it in 2009 and so far it works great and is compatible and plays sims 2 with no problem and plays sims 3 with a little lag but not unplayable. However, my graphics card went kapoot with Pets, so I bought a new one, hopefully it is compatible with sims 4. It's an AMD Radeon HD 6500 series.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »
I have these specs on my 5 year old laptop:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M430 @2.27GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

And for the life of me, I don't know where to check what video card and sound card I have. When I used it to play Sims 3 (WA, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons), it seemed slow somehow. So I started using my husband's laptop lately. But he's travelling to Auckland this Saturday along with my Sims game in his computer! So i am wondering if mine will be good enough for Sims 4.

Dellena

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
If it ran Sims 3, it will likely run Sims 4 just fine.  Sims 4 should have less of a load to handle than Sims 3 did - especially with the basegame.  We'll see how it goes as expansions are added.  Sims 3 had difficulties due to the open world.  You won't have that with Sims 4.