Author Topic: A huge thanks  (Read 12547 times)

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
Re: A huge thanks.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »
I'd like to add my thanks as well, Metro and the team have given us hours of enjoyment with these challenges and dynasties.  I've got Sim 4 on pre-order, just to keep playing challenges.   ;)

Pretty much the only reason why I'm considering buying Sims 4 is because these challenges are so amazing and I wish to continue to do them. Thank you for all the hard work that you do Challenge Team!!!  ;D

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 10:54:54 PM »
Thank you to Metro and the challenge team for all the fun challenges and Dynasties.
I didn't get to play them much , but I've really enjoyed reading about them and reading all the different strategies and Dynasty stories people came up with.
I'm convinced the new Sims 4 challenges will be just as awesome :)

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
Thank you for the nice words, everyone. It's been an amazing journey over the last five years and I am so happy that the Tournament challenges and the Dynasties turned out to be really popular with players. It's a bittersweet moment for sure — I am happy to take a short breather from Sims 3, but this has been a huge part of my life and it's hard to let it go and say goodbye. It's always so fun to post a brand new ruleset and wait for responses from you guys — "oh this one sounds like so much fun!" or "wow, this is going to be tough!"

Carl and Pam, I want to give a special shout out to both of you for allowing me to basically be on my own, put together the team that I wanted, and runs things how I see fit. It says a lot about how much you have trusted me and you have no idea how much that means to me. :) Thank you so much.

It's been so long since I have written Guide articles so it will be nice to get back to that when Sims 4 comes out and shift gears from competition for awhile. But, rest assured — a new Dynasty and a brand new Sims 4 Tournament will be in the works. Nutella, ratchie, Blackrosea, Trip, LenaLJ, and everyone else that has chipped in to help answer the tons of questions that come every day — you guys are the absolute best. How the heck could I do this without you? Answer — I couldn't.

McHazy

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
I would like to add my thanks to the challenge team and also the players who took part. I never did any challenges, but I was thoroughly entertained and impressed by all your efforts and creativity. I also learned quite a few things just from reading about what everyone got up to and also from all your fabulous stories!

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:38 PM »
Thank you to everyone.  Without these challenges, I would never have found this site.  I still plan on doing all of the Sims 3 Dynasties, possibly on YouTube, and I look forward to what you dream up for Sims 4!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »
Thanks for the challenges and for showing me there was so much more to the sims 3 than I realised. Though I never came close to winning anything, I had fun and enjoyed participating.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: A huge thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
I want to also thank everyone for these challenges especially Metro! This challenges are one of the main reasons I play sims. I am excited to embark on a new journey with all of you in the sims 4. Sadly for me it will be later than I'd like since I'm a Mac user. But I will be joining as soon as it's released for Mac. Until then I may just enjoy some of our old challenges here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »
I want to also thank everyone for these challenges especially Metro! This challenges are one of the main reasons I play sims. I am excited to embark on a new journey with all of you in the sims 4. Sadly for me it will be later than I'd like since I'm a Mac user. But I will be joining as soon as it's released for Mac. Until then I may just enjoy some of our old challenges here.

I don't know how you handled Sims 3 for Mac and all its crashing, but you can run the Windows version of Sims 4 (well, actually you can run the Windows version of anything) on a Mac using the Boot Camp utility built into the Mac.  I'm actually using a Mac to type this, and I run the Windows version of Sims 3 because it's more stable.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »
I wasn't sure how that would work. I haven't used bootcamp before. I know I have it but I don't know how it is or even how it works. Maybe I will look more into that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
I am on an iMac and have Windows 7 installed on the Bootcamp partition. Hopefully I will have no problems, but there is no way I will be waiting for the OS X release because who knows how long that will be. I need to get to writing Sims 4 Guide articles for Carl asap.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
I am really anxious to play the Sims 4 and I thought about trying bootcamp but I don't know anything about it. What do I need for it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
I am really anxious to play the Sims 4 and I thought about trying bootcamp but I don't know anything about it. What do I need for it?

If you already have the separate bootcamp partition, then it's just a question of installing Windows on it. When I ordered my iMac from the local Apple Store I just told them that I wanted them to put Windows on the brand new machine before they called me and said it was ready. I did not want to deal with that. If you have an Apple store in town or a licensed Apple repair shop, then if it were me I would take a copy of Windows to them and just tell them to do it. It would take them all of an hour probably and not cost that much.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »
Sadly my closest Apple Store is in Chicago! Which is an hour and a half drive. Might have to wait till we need to go out there for something else. I don't know that I trust this question to Apple but how much space would need to be partition for Sims?

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 03:37:43 PM »
It depends on how many EPs/SPs you are using and what else you put on there.  I partitioned 800 GB of my 1 TB drive for Boot Camp, but that is because I'm a big gamer and hardly ever use the OS X side.  I have all of the EPs/SPs save KPST (which we all know is a piece of garbage) and the program folders take up approximately 25.2 GB.  This is before CC, store content, savefiles, etc.

EDIT: This is for TS3, of course.  I don't know how much TS4 will take up.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:08 AM »
Thanks PSDuckie! My drive is 1 TB too. But I am not all that tech savvy in that I don't know how many GB that is. LOL! I just know its alot but I also know that the sims takes quite a bit if space. But I would imagine close to the same amount of storage for Sims 4 though.

anything